• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Right, so instead of using terms understood by nearly every Christian on the planet, you use your own definition of new testament, with no explanation, and expect others to know what you mean.

Interesting. I have come across such behaviour before.  

"terms used by nearly every Christian on the planet..." doesn't make them accurate if the are untrue. 

The truth is the truth, even if no one on planet Earth  believes it.

Not my definition.

I am sincerely amazed how I can quote the scripture, print it out for you and nearly everyone on the planet to READ FOR THEMSELVES...

and you come off with this nonsense; "you use your own definition..."

Hebrews 9:16–17 (NIV84)
16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,
17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

Hebrews 9:16–17 (NASB95)
16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.
17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.

Hebrews 9:16–17 (AV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The divisions of the Bible into verses, chapters, books and regions (New Testament / Old Testament.... Law, Writings, Prophets)

are not divinely inspired (which is why we often have a verse change or chapter break in the middle of a thought or setting).

PLUS!

If you actually investigate things like the Lord's Prayer, and Christ's warning against lust... etc. you will see in them OLD Testament 

language...

"for if you do not forgive others, your Heavenly Father will not forgive you..." That's not John 3:16-18

"if your eye causes you to sin pluck it out for it is better to enter life with one eye than hell with both eyes..." That's not Ephesians 2:8-10

Putting the Testament divide of NEW / OLD between Malachi 4 and Matthew 1 rather than at the cross where the BIBLE says it belongs

makes Christianity confusing / contradictory:

"By Grace not by works you have been saved..." but we are to forgive everyone, cut off body parts, tithe, never be angry... in other words keep the Law

Acts 15:6–11 (AV)
6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

How could such rudimentary truth have escaped your noticed that you accuse me of "behavior you've come across before?"

Edited by JohnD