kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 Thess. 2:1 - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him...

Guys, I have a question... Is the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ stated in this passage - 1. His coming at the rapture? Or 2. His second coming? (Rev. 19:11-21). Support your answers with scripture where possible. God bless us all!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

2 Thess. 2:1 - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him...

Guys, I have a question... Is the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ stated in this passage - 1. His coming at the rapture? Or 2. His second coming? (Rev. 19:11-21). Support your answers with scripture where possible. God bless us all!

I believe it refers to the rapture of the Church. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I believe it refers to the rapture of the Church. 

I think... if it's the rapture then we are not going to have an Antichrist for the tribulation because it says in the same chapter; verse 8 that the Antichrist would be destroyed by the brightness of Jesus' coming. Do you see what I'm saying? God bless us all!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

13 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

I think... if it's the rapture then we are not going to have an Antichrist for the tribulation because it says in the same chapter; verse 8 that the Antichrist would be destroyed by the brightness of Jesus' coming. Do you see what I'm saying? God bless us all!

The Rapture of the Church means the Church AVOIDS the Tribulation week. We go to marry the Lamb and just like the Jewish Bridegroom and Bride we stay in the Father's house {Heaven} 7 days {7 years}, then we go to the Marriage Supper {which is Armageddon back on earth}.

The words FALLING AWAY were translated DEPARTURE in the first 7 English bibles, not FALLING AWAY. Thus the Church must needs  DEPARTS before the Day of God's Wrath AND the Anti-Christ {Man of sin} also must shows up BEFORE the Day of Gods Wrath kicks off at the 6th Seal.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Taken in context: Yes, this is talking about the Greek word 'harpazo', in which Jerome translated into the Latin word 'Raptio' [where we get our English word rapture], in the Latin Vulgate. 

In the books of 1st & 2nd Thessalonians, Paul had to write them twice because. The Thessalonians were receiving false doctrine and false teachers [Antichrists] and had to correct them. In addition, some of the brethren were starting to die [sleep], and they wanted to know the status of them and themselves about the Rapture. 

2 Thessalonians 2:1 (KJV) Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ [insert 1 Thessalonians 4: 17 here], and by our gathering together unto him, [comment and emphasis added].

1 Thessalonians 4:18 (KJV) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

First Thessalonians also speaks about the Rapture. The second coming of Jesus will be at the end of the seven year tribulation [an unprecedented horrific time never seen before], His second coming is with us, His bride. How can anyone 'comfort one another' knowing or thinking they will be subject to going through the most horrific time ever in history, the seven year tribulation. 

So definitely yes! 2 Thess. 2:1 is no doubt talking about the Rapture, and gathering together in the clouds to be with our Lord and Savior Jesus for all of eternity/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

After the rapture of the Church the 7 year tribulation will come upon this earth. The Antichrist will be revealed at that time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Great point. Hadn't noticed that before you brought it up. So then the antichrist has to be on the scene when this supposed pretrib rapture occurs since he's destroyed when Jesus comes, which is what Paul is saying in verse 1, "...concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus and our gathering to Him..."

Excellent.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Great point. Hadn't noticed that before you brought it up. So then the antichrist has to be on the scene when this supposed pretrib rapture occurs since he's destroyed when Jesus comes, which is what Paul is saying in verse 1, "...concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus and our gathering to Him..."

Excellent.

When he comes to DESTROY the Beast, which is at the Second Coming which really isn't the Second Coming anyway, that is just a MONIKER, Jesus returned 2000 years or so ago after he offered the Sacrifice in Heaven once and for all. Claiming the Rapture is the Second Coming is not even a rational argument. 

Edited by Revelation Man

What I'm trying to say - I don't think Jesus' coming stated in 2 Thess. 2:1 is the rapture. Why?

Because in the 8th verse of the same chapter, it says that the Antichrist is destroyed at the coming of Jesus. If the Antichrist is destroyed at the rapture, who would be the Antichrist in the final 7 years? 

And Paul talks about only ONE coming in his letters. God bless us all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

When he comes to DESTROY the Beast, which is at the Second Coming which really isn't the Second Coming anyway, that is just a MONIKER, Jesus returned 2000 after he offered the Sacrifice in Heaven once and for all. Claiming the Rapture is the Second Coming is not even a rational argument. 

Since the pretrib rapture does not exist you are correct. 

But I think you should reread your post above, slowly, several times. Then relate it to rational thought.