Mike 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I often see the phrase "that is false teaching" on this forum.

What is that? Is it something contrary to your belief, is it expressly contrary to a biblical principle or .....?

Can you give an example of something you have seen, read or heard recently.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

What is that? Is it something contrary to your belief, is it expressly contrary to a biblical principle or .....?

Darn good question Mike 2.

Personally I like to look to what is Biblical teaching, that which is expressly taught or shared or commanded  within the Bible itself. I do not worry myself much about what is false teaching though it certainly exists, for two reasons both found within the Bible

One; when  the Jews were after Steven and Saul  was with them, Gamaliel ( See Acts 6) said leave them alone if they are false their time will play out and amount to nothing. Plus within Acts 6 is the tale of what happens to those that go about puffing themself up  by claiming others to be false. It is a good section to study.

Second;  God has said He will use that which is intended for evil to the good of those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and savior.

The more I know about what is the written word the Bible the less interest or concern I have about any thing that may be false for I am already following what is truth, the Bible.

Some, on Christian Boards especially, make an avocation out of pointing things out. They may not do much else, but they point; as though pointing is a ministry. It is not. Generally they are excited by themselves about themself over some quasi secret understanding they have been told they possess, and that the rest of us don't seem to grasp to their satisfaction.

And so they rant on,  excitedly pointing and declaring false teacher false teacher. When instead they could be reading praying and thinking upon what they read, and then praising God for it. Plus then  sharing  the enthusiasm of being born again a servant of our Lord and savior Jesus.

Seems to me that will be far more productive than the constant bellowing of nattering naybobs of negativity. Always with the undertone that they have some superiority for others to behold. Their declarations of false teacher false teacher  become a ministry of distraction from the word of God, which is a mission of the little antichrists among us today.

There is so much that is to be shared that glorifies our Lord it is a shame anytime is spent by anyone  on thinking others are so inferior they cannot see what is false like I can. 

Praise God we do have wondrous joy to share - He lives, Christ lives, and through His work  his grace and mercy extended, many will be saved to eternal life with God instead of being condemned as deserved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Any teaching of God's word that does not align with the literal true word of God in the Bible. Unfortunately I have seen my fair share of false teaching on Worthy. We need to be aware and have Christian decernment and know the Bible so well that a counterfeit will immediately be noticed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

"Is it something contrary to your belief"

I would say that a difference of interpretation is the biggest, most often reason.
On this forum, salvation by grace through faith, not of works, is believed by just about everybody.
But what it means, how it's understood, remains one of the most debated,
and many believe the "other side" is preaching a false teaching, osas vs works.
And the enemy has a field day. Not in the normal having different opinions.
But the resultant loss of testimony of the discussing/combatants.

Everybody gets weary of the fighting, so someone starts a thread about cute kittens,
mice, or puppy's to lighten things up a little.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,212
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

:) there are things believers disagree on. And some that disagree take that to far and call it "false doctrine". So many times its a "personal" view. So it does not go against the word but against how some personally believe. Yeshua came in the flesh. Died on the cross for the worlds sin. Was buried rose from the dead  3d day and is  the only way to the Father <---this is what I look for.

I me look at HIS word.. its HIS not mine so if one wants to talk about teach about lets say "faith" or "gifts" and your view goes against what I personally believe is not false doctrine. Its not my word to tell you what HE really meant. Even when asking this question. You will get different answers. Christ is real the oh holy Spirit is real. Truth IS Christ. I always try to make sure what is said is written and to not act on something that simple goes against how I personally believe. As in things that seem to be written yet we fully don't understand what He was saying. So I don't tell anyone what HE really meant. He does that.. not me.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Some things are more important than others—and worth repeating to counteract error.

Some folks ‘know’ and some folks ‘think’.

Discernement is required and some direction as to when to confront and when not to...this is true here and out in the analog world.

I hate division. I hate it as the Lord does. I hate the visible evidence of it here. It grieves me. This is one reason why I have and will prepare ‘essays’ at the forum and point folks to it from time to time.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

To me false teaching is something that contradicts a direct quote of God or Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

4 hours ago, Sower said:

"Is it something contrary to your belief"

I would say that a difference of interpretation is the biggest, most often reason.
On this forum, salvation by grace through faith, not of works, is believed by just about everybody.
But what it means, how it's understood, remains one of the most debated,
and many believe the "other side" is preaching a false teaching, osas vs works.
And the enemy has a field day. Not in the normal having different opinions.
But the resultant loss of testimony of the discussing/combatants.

Everybody gets weary of the fighting, so someone starts a thread about cute kittens,
mice, or puppy's to lighten things up a little.

Hi Sower, 

I hear you brother!

If Scripture was clear.....this is the way it is..... no ifs and buts.......then there wouldn't be much in the way of argument. Like:  This is when the rapture/resurrection is! First this, then this. This is how the end is played out! This is who the antichrist is. This is who the restrainer is......etc. 

But Scripture isn't always clear.

Yes, some of it is.....like salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9...........For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

This is pretty clear. It is the GIFT of GOD!.....NOT BY WORKS!

Did the thief on the cross have to do anything besides believe? No. How many who declare the name of Jesus, on their death bed, get saved? Jesus says that everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved. If we have to "do things" before we are saved, then it is no longer a gift of God is it? 

I'll probably get flack over this :)

But I believe that God wrote Scripture the way we have it, so that we have to dig deep into His Word to uncover truth. By doing this, we glean truths from the Word. As they say, Iron sharpens Iron. It's only when believers use their OWN interpretation to make it say what they want it to say. Scripture interprets Scripture. It is not subject to ones own interpretation of it. 

So, as believers, like the Berean's, we are to search the Scriptures to see if what is being taught falls in line with Scripture.

There are a few on this site who say...."Jesus personally taught ME this". Yet, when we compare what Jesus 'taught' to them....it doesn't fall in line with what Scripture clearly teaches, and what is commonly believed. It's a "NEW Revelation" apparently, taught 'only' to them.   If we put these guys together, they are all taught something completely different. How can this be? Does Jesus teach different things just to cause confusion amongst the brethren?.....I don't think so. Perhaps we should put them together, facing each other, and have them point to each other and say "you're wrong"

Then............ they would be right!!!

On another note, here are a few teachings I would declare as false:

-That if a person takes the Mark of the Beast, (that Jesus warns NOT to take), then that person can still be saved.....John MacArthur teaches this

-Pray for the salvation of the dead

-Antinomianism....... which, in simplicity means, that "anything goes" Jesus set us free! 

- Deification of man....... It's all about ME, ME, ME

- Universal Reconciliation......ah yes, everyone gets saved.

Edited by JoeCanada
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

9 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

There are 2 verses that come to mind. Firstly, Rom16v17-18 

17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. 18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

Note the word contrary, it means 'para' in Greek, where we get parallel from, so the false gospel runs almost parallel to the true gospel, making it easy to deceive. Now link that to 2Cor11v4

For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

You can see there are 2 Jesus's, that also run parallel, the false one, being the manmade Jesus, where churches celebrate xmas, easter, & their rituals past down from when Emperor Constantine joined Christianity & Paganism together, to form Roman Catholic church, & later Protestant churches have their own form of the same, along with most other recent ones, that you can see on what they call Christian TV, but is more a promotion of there own ministries, that make them rich!

The true Jesus, I prefer to call Yeshua, if He has chosen you, He will conform you to His likeness, & guide you to truth, which it took 40yrs for me to discover.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

Hi Mike,

Very important for us to know so we don`t get `tossed to & fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, BUT speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head - Christ from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies,..... (Eph. 4: 14 - 16)

So there it is plainly - Christ the head of the Body is who we grow up into, learning of His character and His purposes.

Every false teaching will be presenting something different from Christ`s character, and His purposes.

BTW I have started a blog in `Marilyn`s Messages,` on that very topic. You may want to have a look.

regards, Marilyn.