• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I often see the phrase "that is false teaching" on this forum.

What is that? Is it something contrary to your belief, is it expressly contrary to a biblical principle or .....?

Can you give an example of something you have seen, read or heard recently.

ANYTHING that does not line up with Holy Spirit interpreted Holy Spirit written Holy Scripture.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.65
  • Days Won:  0

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

I think that many of the problems come about because our present day "teachers or priests or pastors or reverends or saints or whomever" want to do it their way instead of the way God has instructed.  The message "God is love, the Blood of Christ saves" is all about feeling good, YET the necessary message of "WARNING" is put out in the wind to be blown about this way and that. 
Paul taught on 3 levels.  Shouldn't that be one of the teachings from the start? To keep those who are of faith to evangelizing so that those who are called to teach can do so without correcting mistakes that those of faith make in trying to teach.  There seems to be many that understand Pauls persecution of the church and yet have no concept of why God chose him except he was zealous, leaving out how well versed he was in the Old Testament.  He studied at the feet of Gamaliel,
Acts 5:34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space
and that foundation in the Old is absolutely needed to have any kind of deeper understanding of the New, not to mention his letters. 

I am blown away by how many people don't even know there are two houses.  They lump all of Gods Chosen into one house, the House of Judah.  They have no idea that the 12 tribes (Jacob) were split into 2 Houses, the Northern Kingdom aka the 10 scattered tribes aka House of Israel aka Ephraim etc. and the Southern Kingdom aka the House of Judah, the King line etc.  HOW can one rightly divide ANY of the Word of God if they aren't even aware of this?  How can they know who God is addressing?  A prime example is when I hear people ascribing to the grafted in,  what is written to the elect, and trying to argue THEIR point.  It takes an entire rendering of the Bible just to make them "see" that error.   They have not rightly divided the Who, What, Where, When, and Whys because they don't even know to ask.  

Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.(they say)

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little
(mimicking the prophet like he was teaching little kids in school)

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people.
(God taking their own words and taunting turning it back on them) (the "another tongue" is the Assyrian being sent their way)

Isaiah 28:12 To whom He said, "This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing": yet they would not hear.
(God told them through the prophets) 

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
(BUT THE WORD OF GOD BECAME  unto them...God giving back their own words, and judgement coming)

Isaiah 28:14 Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
(false foundation)

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
(true foundation) (have laid) (a tried stone - tested itself, testing others)(a well founded and firm foundation)

Seems like what is happening today.   Jumping from here to there BEFORE the line upon line, precept upon precept, rendering Gods Word void.  People deciding that they will just "forego" the Old.   Faith and Belief, most precious as long as you know what that faith and belief is in.  

My observations and what I have run into.  I pray they are on the extreme end of the situation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/16/1961

On 1/21/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mike 2 said:

What is that? Is it something contrary to your belief, is it expressly contrary to a biblical principle or .....?

@Mike 2,I watched and heard a public figure in Ministry say this: It's not about making God Happy, its about making you happy, God wants you to be happy, its about you! That, to me, is false teaching....I have not ever read anywhere in the Bible that says this, let alone comes close. To me, thats like saying my happiness comes before pleasing God....in these last days folks have itching ears, meaning, they want to hear what they want to hear, now the Bible speaks about this: 2 Timothy 4, " For the time come when they will not endure sound doctrine; BUT after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 

I do hope this gives you the answer your looking for.....Keep seeking the Truth as you are doing now, stay CLOSE to Jesus in these Last Days....:amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

@Mike 2,I watched and heard a public figure in Ministry say this: It's not about making God Happy, its about making you happy, God wants you to be happy, its about you! That, to me, is false teaching....I have not ever read anywhere in the Bible that says this, let alone comes close. To me, thats like saying my happiness comes before pleasing God....in these last days folks have itching ears, meaning, they want to hear what they want to hear, now the Bible speaks about this: 2 Timothy 4, " For the time come when they will not endure sound doctrine; BUT after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." 

I do hope this gives you the answer your looking for.....Keep seeking the Truth as you are doing now, stay CLOSE to Jesus in these Last Days....:amen:

• Praise God! 1

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, fileoflife said:

@Mike 2,I watched and heard a public figure in Ministry say this: It's not about making God Happy, its about making you happy, God wants you to be happy, its about you! That, to me, is false teaching....I have not ever read anywhere in the Bible that says this, let alone comes close. To me, thats like saying my happiness comes before pleasing God...

Agreed. That is definitely a false teaching. Man focused. Not God focused. Our happiness should be from our devotion to Him, not outside Him. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Heresy is basically, something someone says, with which you disagree, and if you disagree with me on this, you are a heretic! :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Just now, Flowersun said:

I believe very strongly,that God wants us to be happy "in him"

Not really answering the question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Telling women that they have to wear a dress is a false teaching. Telling women that they have to have children is a false teaching. Telling women they cant cut their hair is a false teaching. That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I will be back later.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Telling women that they have to wear a dress is a false teaching. Telling women that they have to have children is a false teaching. Telling women they cant cut their hair is a false teaching. That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I will be back later.

To me, this is no different than telling men it isn't wrong to dress like Boy George, and go around with hair like Crystal Gayle.  There is a clear double standard where effeminate men are looked at as sinners, but it is supposedly ok for women to dress like and fix their hair like men.  

I don't know who is saying all women must have children?