• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Jostler said:

this whole thing is just one more repulsive display of the very thing that has severely limited this forum's usefulness to the Kingdom .... sick of it

This is a discussion forum. Everybody has the privilege to think on their own.
You should know, everybody does not have the same view, or understanding of scripture.
You can make a statement and half may agree, half not.
Or most agree, or most disagree.
Like this one.
What is more important is your testimony, your words, when 'most' do not agree with you.
We are warned about end times, testing spirits, false prophets, etc.
I did scan through most of the emotional video. No comment.
I also noticed hundreds more of same type videos, scrolling down,
endless sightings, dreams of Jesus appearing.
We should try to keep our testimony as mature in the Lord.
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I've been watching the video about the former atheist and his experience with Christ. The most important thing this man had to say started around 7:25 wherein he describes encountering scripture which affirmed the following: that those who seek the Lord will find Him. This is true, my friends. He follows it up by repeating the desire of his heart --- to know the Lord --- a desire we share in common!

Honestly, I find no fault with the man. I've shared my testimony on Worthy before and haven't been treated this way... because I found myself in the presence of the Lord when I was dying and tried to take my life. No, I didn't see Jesus Christ with my eyes but there was no question God had me in His hand.

I've heard no outlandish claims and he remains sober-minded... so what exactly has this man done wrong? He was an atheist like I was and during the candid interview I've listened to some familiar things... I know where he's coming from. 

i have some reservations but not related to what he said...it was pointless to try to discuss those in the midst of  a moderator led dogpile .... fact is he did  portray a wholly Biblically supportable revelation of the "perfection" in the new heavens and earth.....that would have been worth discussing too....too bad the whole well got poisoned, by people who prefer dogpiles over the effort it takes to actually try to discuss what is on the OP's heart ....and didn't bother to listen to shred of what was presented for discussion.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

did you actually watch even a second of the video?  I kinda doubt it.   but the  whole thread turned into nice pile-on by a bunch who also haven't even attempted to take an honest look at the material either.....couldn't resist eh?   typical

Well, that probably crossed the line of what is acceptable behavior, and I might have banned you from the thread for it Jostler, However, seeing how the thread has probably run it's course, and long ago lost any claim to value in my opinion, I am just going to close it, we can all run along now!