IGNORED

Are there any Catholics here besides me?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

I know what you're talking about.  For me I enjoy going outside with my dogs and listening to the birds and watching the squirrels (running from my dogs, LOL :) ) and taking in the sunshine and feeling the breeze.  For some reason, that's when I feel closest to God.  That's when I can clear my mind and remember what's important.  

Exactly, I do that myself, on a cool day walk to the back of the woods on our place, sit down and feel the sun.
Would doze off, the wildlife would eventually ignore me, and come back out for a performance.
I can relate to what you said, Buck. It's an absence from man made noise and clatter. Worry.
 The volume of life turned down. Neat for just thinking or contemplating, how blessed I am.
To give thanks/gratitude for receiving His truth. Of the gospel.
A pause from routine. Why me Lord. Why are you so good to us?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

catechism??

REVELATION 22:18 for I testify unto --every man-- that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book --IF--any man shall add unto these things GOD shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book --22:19-- and if --any man-- shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy GOD shall --TAKE  AWAY  HIS  PART  OUT  OF  THE  BOOK  OF  LIFE --and out of the holy city and from the things which are written in this book

JOHN 14:14 ---IF---you shall ask anything in --MY NAME-- I will do it 

1 JOHN 5:14 and this is the confidence that we have in HIM that  ---IF--- we ask anything according to HIS will HE heareth us 

EPHESIANS 4:14 that we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait --TO DECEIVE--

*******TITUS 2:1 BUT  SPEAK  THOU  THE  THINGS  WHICH  BECOME  SOUND  DOCTRINE*******

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, K9Buck said:

I was raised a Catholic and so I consider myself a Catholic, although I dislike the current Pope and I am deeply bothered by the many scandals that have rocked the church.  I'm also not necessarily in lockstep with all church teachings.  Of course, is anyone in 100% agreement with the faith to which they belong?  Anyway, I was wondering if there are other Catholics here.  Thanks.

Please don't take this as bashing, it's not intended that way! But I believe differently based on scripture.

Should it be acceptable to address a human as 'Holy Father'? 1 Samuel 2:2 (KJV) There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. Revelation 15:4 (KJV) Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest. [emphasis added]

Is it biblical or did God say a human representative speaks directly for Christ after the canon was closed? [the Vicar of Christ, the Pope]

Is the Pope and what he says infallible as is claimed?

Does our Bible teach to pray to the mother of Jesus or any saint for intercession on our behalf? 1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; [emphasis added]

Is it scriptural to pay big money for a priest [indulgences] to pray and lessen time in a fictional place called purgatory? 

It it scriptural to confess your sins to a human priest for forgiveness and do hail Mary's and other things for repentance?

Would wearing medallions / worshiping of Mary and / or the saints for protection be a form of idolatry?

Please consider being a Berean, and read the Bible and search the above out...

Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. [emphasis mine]

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The Lord has his sons in many places--irrespective of the organization.

Having said this, it is good to be aware of the various doctrines and histories. This can teach us much and help us to understand where the errors are.

The Bible and the Bible alone is suitable to teach of our faith and living 'in Christ'. Some church organizations have added a great deal of things that contradict the Truth. The Church of Rome is one of those. Unfortunately, most of the church history was written by those very same folks. However, there are true records out there that tell the truth of that history. It is not very pretty, but very good to know. Very helpful to know where and how and why error came into christendom.

I suggest for a start to get a hold of this book. It will help you a great deal and give you enough knowledge with which to know for yourself and make decisions in the future. The reading may also spark additional interest in various individuals and truths. While reading this wee book. Keep your bible along side and dig on in.

I guarantee your eyes will be opened to many things. There is nothing in this book that will harm the believer.

https://www.amazon.com/Torch-Testimony-John-W-Kennedy/dp/094023212X

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

13 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes there are, Buck. Usually those who announce their doctrinal beliefs eventually have an indicator on the profile status. Not for identification per se, but so Worthy members can communicate with better understanding of how they view themselves. Such as, Non-Believer, Seeker, Non Conformist Theology, Non Trinitarian, and also Catholic as well. 

They are usually only designated as such when it becomes apparent that instead of fellowshipping here, they are attempting to convert others to things not in keeping with the statement of faith for this site. For instance, someone who pushes that God is not a Trinity and anyone believing that He is a Trinity is following a false teaching and insists on correcting our false views ... gets put in nonTrinitarian category. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Oh.  Are Catholics restricted from participating in this community?

Catholics have participated here and been welcomed. Some catholics have come here with an agenda to convert us "heathen protestants" to catholicism. Those with the agenda end up with the label and restrictions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, K9Buck said:

I was raised a Catholic and so I consider myself a Catholic, although I dislike the current Pope and I am deeply bothered by the many scandals that have rocked the church.  I'm also not necessarily in lockstep with all church teachings.  Of course, is anyone in 100% agreement with the faith to which they belong?  Anyway, I was wondering if there are other Catholics here.  Thanks.

I think there is Buck :)

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 hours ago, K9Buck said:

I'm not a Catholic but I have a lot of respect for the Catholic Church because they hold the line on sexual morality. I'm not terribly fond of this Pope. You have a priest shortage, as I understand it. I might suggest you try to solve the problem by allowing celibate women to join the priesthood.

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I'm not a Catholic but I have a lot of respect for the Catholic Church because they hold the line on sexual morality. I'm not terribly fond of this Pope. You have a priest shortage, as I understand it. I might suggest you try to solve the problem by allowing celibate women to join the priesthood.

Wow that is just so so wrong. 

They hold a line on sexual morality??? 

Absolutely NOT. A catholic bishop in my city hid, blatantly hid, the pedophile actions of priests here. He didnt care about the countless children who were harmed by sexual predator priests. Popes have for years kept quiet and protected sexual predator priests. That is not holding a line on sexual morality. Not by a long shot.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Okay. Now I don't wanna start flamewar here, so please let's not go there. I also am sorry for having to disagree with this statement. But, with the insist of celibacy for the priesthood, it has only led towards too many incidents of immoral behavior, and tragic events of molestation upon victims that carry the scars for the remainder of their lives. Some will never overcome and live as they should. Who will save the children? Umm... uh-oh. Perhaps I've said too much. No bashing was intended. Hope it wasn't taken as such. :b:

• Thumbs Up 1