IGNORED

Are there any Catholics here besides me?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

20 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Catholics believe in Christ.  Provided they believe in Christ and try to live a life like Christ, why wouldn't they be saved?  

I tend to think and any person who genuinely believes in the Jesus' virgin birth, Jesus' sinless life, His death on the cross to pay for the sins of all who would believe by faith, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven to be at the right hand of the Father, where all authority is given to Him, and His visible, future return, are on the same page as I am, and are brothers and sisters in Christ, whether of not they have any specific denomination that they want to belong to.

I am not sure why though, anyone like that would want to belong to a denomination that does not hold those same views. I am also not sure, why anyone who thinks themselves a Christian, would choose to be part of a denomination, that promotes many doctrines which are foreign to God inspired scripture.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

29 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

there are some "reliable" predictions that Pope Francis is the last Pope and he will be alive during one world government but not sure if he will be "defender" or "defector" .. I believe the latter

What makes such predictions "reliable" anyway?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

but bash bash bash bash .. lol

I don't think that's necessary. Seems as though we all concur on the topic. So, I'll call in the night. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Wow that is just so so wrong. 

They hold a line on sexual morality??? 

Absolutely NOT. A catholic bishop in my city hid, blatantly hid, the pedophile actions of priests here. He didnt care about the countless children who were harmed by sexual predator priests. Popes have for years kept quiet and protected sexual predator priests. That is not holding a line on sexual morality. Not by a long shot.

But they don't come out in favor of homosexuality like so many do, and last I knew, you couldn't take Communion if you were "living in sin." Every church will have some problem pastors.

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay. Now I don't wanna start flamewar here, so please let's not go there. I also am sorry for having to disagree with this statement. But, with the insist of celibacy for the priesthood, it has only led towards too many incidents of immoral behavior, and tragic events of molestation upon victims that carry the scars for the remainder of their lives. Some will never overcome and live as they should. Who will save the children? Umm... uh-oh. Perhaps I've said too much. No bashing was intended. Hope it wasn't taken as such. :b:

If they allowed celibate women priests, they would have more priests to choose from and, therefore, could be more selective who becomes a priest, and could afford to throw out the bad ones.

4 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

"they hold the line on sexual morality" .. since when? .. they are one of the greatest offenders of sexual abuse of children and then they deny it and try to blame the children but when forced to admit culpability, they don't want to pay financial compensation .. I have firsthand experience with such sexual immorality of a priest with students in the school in which I taught .. it was horrific .. and such is very commonplace in the RCC but covered up .. some say if priests could marry, it would solve the problem but paedophilia happens with married men, too, so their vow of chastity is not the problem .. there are other sinister reasons for the vow of chastity .. as you can see, I am not a great fan of the RCC and for very very good reason, so this is probably a thread I should avoid .. but before I close this post, there are some very sincere and very Christian men and women in the RCC but they are mislead and don't realise it .. 

Every church denomination of any size has bad pastors, but Catholics don't give their approval to homosexuality like some do, and last I knew, those "living in sin" were not allowed to take Communion.

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If they allowed celibate women priests, they would have more priests to choose from and, therefore, could be more selective who becomes a priest, and could afford to throw out the bad ones.

Because there were no high priests as women in the temple of Solomon, neither should there be female priests in the Catholic church. I do understand there are some Anglican ones here in the USA, but I'm not in favor of them. Sorry. 

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Because there were no high priests as women in the temple of Solomon, neither should there be female priests in the Catholic church. I do understand there are some Anglican ones here in the USA, but I'm not in favor of them. Sorry. 

I see no reason women shouldn't be priests. Paul didn't like the idea, apparently, but he didn't give us a good reason, did he?

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Paul didn't like the idea, apparently, but he didn't give us a good reason, did he?

Okay. I'm not about to post that scripture anymore. Neither do I have a problem with women teaching behind the pulpit. If the situation is where no man is available, then I have no issue about it. You do know that, John. I've posted it here before. It's okay, bro. I'm not hard-nosed on the matter as some are. 

3 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

as far as I can remember, they are not in favour of homosexuality .. the Anglican Church of Canada ha okayed gay marriages and that opens the door to marital sexual relationships and for gay men, such can only be sodomy and even in marriage, such is an abomination to God .. I phoned the Anglican Church Head Office and spoke with an official and all through our chat, he laughed nervously .. he said they allowed such to avoid promiscuity .. I told him they opened the door to sodomy and that was against God .. also, I told him I knew the real reason was to increase their numbers and revenues by giving gays a place that would welcome them  

The way I look at it - and we are having a war over this in my church, the United Methodist Church - is that some pastors stand by God's teaching involving homosexuality (that it is an abomination), while others prefer to please the world by giving their approval to homosexuality. The second group would rather be popular in the world's eyes than be obedient to God.

• Praise God! 1