IGNORED

Are there any Catholics here besides me?

Guest K9Buck

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay. I'm not about to post that scripture anymore. Neither do I have a problem with women teaching behind the pulpit. If the situation is where no man is available, then I have no issue about it. You do know that, John. I've posted it here before. It's okay, bro. I'm not hard-nosed on the matter as some are. 

What if the only man available was corrupt? Would you prefer him over a God-fearing lady?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

29 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

St. Malachy predicted that after Pope Celestine, there would be 113 or maybe it was 131 Popes .. Pope John Paul 11 and then Pope Benedict XVI would resign .. then the last Pope and that is Pope Francis .. also, there is a gallery of pictures of all Popes and after Pope John Paul II, there were only two places left for portraits of Popes, so Benedict and Francis .. the last Pope was predicted to be the one who would be alive during One World Order and would be either the defender of the RCC or the defector from it .. I do not like Francis and I think he will be a defector and the false prophet of the NWO .. I do have all this written down in my End Time notes if you need to see all

Thanks for the response Margo!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Margo1945 said:

wasn't going to get involved in this thread but I can answer the part about "why anyone who thinks themselves a Christian, would choose to be part of a denomination, that promotes many doctrines which are foreign to God inspired scripture."

Catholics are "brainwashed" and they believe it

I went through it for many years as RCC claims to be the true Church founded by Christ with Peter as first "infallible" Pope .. in my childhood and young adult years, we were not allowed to read the Bible or even to own one - sin .. lol .. what the Church told us was to be believed without question .. 

although, things are not as dogmatic now, the RCC still claims to be the ONLY TRUE CHURCH and the rest of us are heretics .. 

I have tried to tell Catholics that when Christ told his Apostles to spread His Word throughout the whole world, He meant make it "catholic aka universal", not Roman or Greek Catholic

there are some "reliable" predictions that Pope Francis is the last Pope and he will be alive during one world government but not sure if he will be "defender" or "defector" .. I believe the latter

I was also a catholic, thirty years. Left the church, heard the gospel, and was saved.
I enjoy witnessing, and mostly to catholics.
Our church has many ex catholics.
You say Margo,  "Catholics are "brainwashed"  I agree.
I can discuss scripture many times, even years with a catholic, and point out and show them
the errors of their 'holy mother church', false doctrine, and they may even agree.
But they just cannot leave.  And I believe they know it. I do understand the church hold upon them.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light
 John 3:19

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;
  the real tragedy is when men are afraid of the light"

• Well Said! 1

28 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I see no reason women shouldn't be priests. Paul didn't like the idea, apparently, but he didn't give us a good reason, did he?

I think in the Bible, the notion is that ALL Chritians are priests, so we do not need anyone in our assemblies with the title of priest. We can take confession, we can intercede for others, we represent God (in specified ways), we can pronounce conditional forgiveness, though we do not forgive sins in place of God, but . . . .  we still have a High Priest, Jesus!

By the way, under the notion of the priesthood of the believer, that includes women!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

22 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay. I'm not about to post that scripture anymore. Neither do I have a problem with women teaching behind the pulpit. If the situation is where no man is available, then I have no issue about it. You do know that, John. I've posted it here before. It's okay, bro. I'm not hard-nosed on the matter as some are. 

16 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

What if the only man available was corrupt? Would you prefer him over a God-fearing lady?

John. Bro. Please read my post again with a little more clarity here. Are we now on the same page?

42 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

just kidding .. lol .. and goodnight to you and God bless

As if you are finished here at this point! :)

11 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

I have no problem with a female preaching if she is the better choice .. I always believed in the "best person" for whatever the need is despite the gender .. whichever person - male or female - who can best spread the Gospel is the one who should be doing it and I think God would approve .. His goal is to have His Holy Spirit inspired Word and Truth in His Gospel spread to all the world aka "catholic as in universal", not RCC or Greek Catholic .. 

What is pathetic, is that short of the absence of men due to a war or something, that there should ever be a shortage of men able to to the things that God requires.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

As if you are finished here at this point! :)

738408985_hahasmiley.gif.a8ccb08e8635ac047afebdeddcac321a.gif

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I am paraphrasing here, but somebody of Authority once said of Catholicism —- “ let us have a child until he is 6 and we will have him for life”. Thank God that is not entirely true.Many “ do” escape their BrainWashing.

I have never met a Catholic that I did not like.They are great people, for the most part. Their Doctrine, however is straight from Hell.....They preach a False Gospel Of Works For Salvation ( what is it? Seven sacraments you must perform to be saved) Paul said if you come preaching a different Gospel than he preached, you will be “ Accursed”—- that means you are damned forever if you teach it. For those that don’t preach it but merely believe it , they are “ Fallen from Grace” and “ Severed from the Cross”. Those that do not REST in Paul’s Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 are , According to God, are in a state of disobedience and UNBELIEF. Intelligent Bible Teachers disagree if all of this bad stuff means Damnation or not.Some say “ yes”, others say  “no”..........I say “ why gamble ?” Pray for your catholic friends.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

John. Bro. Please read my post again with a little more clarity here. Are we now on the same page?

But you are still maintaining that men are superior to women when it comes to teaching, even if you are open to having a woman teach if no man is available.. The fact of the matter is, we have one teacher - our Father in heaven. (Matthew 23:8), so it really doesn't matter who is in the pulpit, though I prefer pastors to refrain from leading their congregations astray.