IGNORED

Are there any Catholics here besides me?

Guest K9Buck

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I grew up in a cult, a closed community. I never read a proper unadulterated Bible until I was 29 years old, after I had walked away, leaving all my family and everyone I had ever known.

It was 2 years later that Jesus found me, and I read my first Bible. I still wasn't a Christian then, it took a while to trust Him, but I had a real Bible.

Wow.  

My previous statement was wrong and dumb.  Everyone's situation is different.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

14 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

So we should only pray to God and not to Jesus, correct?

Yep. But First John 2:23 says "Whosoever that believes on the Son has also the Father." So Trinitarian believers also have the Holy Spirit in them and will inherit life in God's kingdom :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

47 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

The full godhead of the Holy Trinity as you've been taught are these. The Father. The Son. The Holy Ghost. THIS is true doctrine as we understand it. So, yes in a sense we can go directly into the holy of holies where Jesus sits at the right hand of God the Father. And we can bring our supplications before Him. The Father and His Son, Jesus are ONE. And the Holy Spirit is also on equal status with the two, making the three of them one in the same, and in the same, one Lord. One God. And God IS spirit. All that being, Jesus did say this to His disciples. 

JOHN 14:13 KJV "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name ...

John 14:13 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I don't see any unkindness to individuals on here. I do see Frank discussion about a faith.

That is good. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

It would be nice if all pastors were like that, but it would seem there are plenty out there who are more concerned with their careers than doing the Lord's will, and they likely will lead their congregations astray.

To be a pastor, "it's a calling from God". It shouldn't take long for a Christian knowing his or her Bible and being a Berean, along with the Holy Spirit speaking to you; to determine where a pastors heart and devotion is in his sermons and teachings. Every Godly pastor I've listened to eventually gets around to his own personal testimony, Salvation story, his failings and what Jesus did for him. As Christian's, we should be able to identify raving wolves in sheep's clothing with false doctrines; and the prosperity Gospel preachers. 

Pastor's are the shepherds of the church and I highly respect them. Their qualifications are listed by the Lord in 1 Timothy 3: and are to be adhered to. A dedicated pastors life, called by the Lord himself, has to be one of the most difficult and emotional occupations there are. He is vested physically, spiritually and emotionally with his whole congregation. He too has desires, emotions, heart aches, loses, awesome responsibilities and duties and needs time off to rest and enjoy some time with his family. He needs to be fairly compensated to get through life also and not live in poverty, along with liberal time off with his family to maintain a healthy relationship . Getting called up in the middle of the night to go to the hospital, because a beloved member of his congregation isn't expected to live because of a car crash. Conducting funerals time and again of the church family and loved ones. Counseling and listening to members of his church with marital problems and hearing things that might make most cringe. 

You bet there's clergy out there that knowingly or unknowingly lead their flock astray, and for personal gain [Joel Osteen & Joyce Meyer among so many others]. Praise the Lord for the ones that are in His service, as the apostasy and false teaching is escalating in these last days. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

44 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

To be a pastor, "it's a calling from God". It shouldn't take long for a Christian knowing his or her Bible and being a Berean, along with the Holy Spirit speaking to you; to determine where a pastors heart and devotion is in his sermons and teachings. Every Godly pastor I've listened to eventually gets around to his own personal testimony, Salvation story, his failings and what Jesus did for him. As Christian's, we should be able to identify raving wolves in sheep's clothing with false doctrines; and the prosperity Gospel preachers. 

Pastor's are the shepherds of the church and I highly respect them. Their qualifications are listed by the Lord in 1 Timothy 3: and are to be adhered to. A dedicated pastors life, called by the Lord himself, has to be one of the most difficult and emotional occupations there are. He is vested physically, spiritually and emotionally with his whole congregation. He too has desires, emotions, heart aches, loses, awesome responsibilities and duties and needs time off to rest and enjoy some time with his family. He needs to be fairly compensated to get through life also and not live in poverty, along with liberal time off with his family to maintain a healthy relationship . Getting called up in the middle of the night to go to the hospital, because a beloved member of his congregation isn't expected to live because of a car crash. Conducting funerals time and again of the church family and loved ones. Counseling and listening to members of his church with marital problems and hearing things that might make most cringe. 

You bet there's clergy out there that knowingly or unknowingly lead their flock astray, and for personal gain [Joel Osteen & Joyce Meyer among so many others]. Praise the Lord for the ones that are in His service, as the apostasy and false teaching is escalating in these last days. 

A breath of fresh on this forum.
Thank you Dennis

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, K9Buck said:

I was raised a Catholic and so I consider myself a Catholic, although I dislike the current Pope and I am deeply bothered by the many scandals that have rocked the church.  I'm also not necessarily in lockstep with all church teachings.  Of course, is anyone in 100% agreement with the faith to which they belong?  Anyway, I was wondering if there are other Catholics here.  Thanks.

No offense intended, but I would like to ask your opinion on something .  Do you approve of praying to Mary and statues?  That is the biggest thing that bothers me about the Catholic church, and I don't like the Pope.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also part of the Godhead of Father Son & Holy Sprit.  Jesus is the head of the Church.  But Jesus taught us to pray to Our Father.

53 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Do you approve of praying to Mary and statues? 

Statues?  No.  Mary?  I don't know.  Frankly, I haven't thought too much about it.  I war raised Catholic and never really thought about much of it until recently.  Do protestants pray the "Hail Mary"?  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Do protestants pray the "Hail Mary"?  

Not that I have ever heard of!