IGNORED

Are there any Catholics here besides me?

Guest K9Buck

9 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm getting the sense you're trolling, @K9Buck. Please identify where, in the scriptures, one finds the "Hail Mary" prayer that Catholic faithful recite as instructed by a priest. You even have the nerve to frame this as a "Catholic/Protestant" thing which I find more than a little absurd and deceitful... wow. I regret my words earlier in this thread. What brought this on?

I'm sorry you feel this way my brother.  

I was taught the Hail Mary prayer as a young child.  I've said it countless times.  I have no idea if and where in the bible that it's instructed to recite that prayer.  And I was completely honest when I said that I didn't know if protestants also recited the prayer. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Statues?  No.  Mary?  I don't know.  Frankly, I haven't thought too much about it.  I war raised Catholic and never really thought about much of it until recently.  Do protestants pray the "Hail Mary"?  

No they don't.  We see her as a special woman, but not someone we would pray to like a deity.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

45 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

No they don't.  We see her as a special woman, but not someone we would pray to like a deity.  

Well, Mary was a little more than just a special woman. But no, we do not pray to her or ask blessings from her either. Neither do we honor her as a way unto salvation by any means, nor see her as divine. She is not. That being said, out of all the women throughout time, Mary was chosen to give forth the birth of our Messiah. I think that's substantially more than special. 

Luke 1:28-31 KJV 28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

Hail Mary, full of grace, pray for us now and intercede

Is giving her a place as an intercessor between us a God. You are giving her your prayers to pass on. 

Our intercessor, our advocate before the Father is Christ alone, and no other.

John 14:6 KJV 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

I am a historical Christian.   I am not Catholic, but I am sometimes accused of being a Catholic which I see as a badge of honor. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:

I am a historical Christian.   I am not Catholic, but I am sometimes accused of being a Catholic which I see as a badge of honor. 

By the grace of GOD I am a born again true christain .   I am not a catholic , but if I were to be accused of being one ,  I would quickly correct the accuser , and say OH dear friend I am not 

and let all that has breath never even look in that direction .   Be encouraged .    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

a quick reminder .

In case anyone says the word catholic simply means universal 

And that there is no harm in the word .

let me just say this ,    if a man were to accuse me of being gay ,  WHICH MEANS HAPPY ,

I would have to correct that , because today gay is largely tied rigth into the homosexuality movement as a term which adheres to its pratices .

THUS if I were called a catholic ,    DUE to the term is largely applied to the roman system ,  I WOULD have to correct that too . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

15 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

what do you mean by a historical Christian? Its not a term I have heard before.

I study historical sources like the Creeds, Church Fathers,  Church History mostly from primary sources.

The Early Church Fathers were taught by the Apostles.    Their interpretations of Scripture gives us ideas what the early church believed. 

I also, read primary sources of what others back them what wrote about Christianity.