• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 hours ago, K9Buck said:

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

People who are active alcoholics (meaning, not a "recovering" alcoholic) are going to Hell, even if they believe in Jesus and even if they are remorseful about being a "drunkard" as they actively engage in that sinful lifestyle, correct? 

I don't think most people understand heaven and hell. I believe we are in hell while we are sinning, and we are in heaven when we've repented of our sin (Matt 4:17).

• Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/22/2020 at 1:05 AM, K9Buck said:

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

People who are active alcoholics (meaning, not a "recovering" alcoholic) are going to Hell, even if they believe in Jesus and even if they are remorseful about being a "drunkard" as they actively engage in that sinful lifestyle, correct? 

If you are struggling and seeking deliverance and confessing your sins to God, not necessarily, but if you are just giving into it, yes.

23 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

If you are struggling and seeking deliverance and confessing your sins to God, not necessarily, but if you are just giving into it, yes.

I guess I would describe myself as a functioning alcoholic.  I have apologized in my prayers countless times and have asked for help.  It's my cross to bear, but I'm not doing a good job at it.  

I hope I don't end up in Hell.  I give lots of love to those around me.  

On 1/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think most people understand heaven and hell. 

Unless one has been there in an NDE, I don't think anybody can truly understand Heaven and Hell.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

24 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I guess I would describe myself as a functioning alcoholic.  I have apologized in my prayers countless times and have asked for help.  It's my cross to bear, but I'm not doing a good job at it.  

“ ANYBODY that asks to be saved WILL be saved”....... “anybody” would include “ functioning alcoholics”

“ ALL that ask for Mercy shall receive it”

“ Turn to Me and I will turn to you”......If you  have sincerely turned to God and asked for His help— you are going to receive it.....Trust Him....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Keep fighting the temptation and keep seeking God.  He can deliver you.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, K9Buck said:

If they believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ they will be saved.. Like the rest of us faulty human beings..

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, K9Buck said:

I think i need to give a more detailed answer instead of just responding with a my conclusion.. The verse you quote is a verse in isolation.. With just a minimal of context we can see who Paul was talking about..

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, {10} Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. {11} And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

So in the verse before 1 Cor 6:10 we see that Paul is talking about a specific group of people who are they?  the unrighteous .

Now how are people made righteous ( right with God )?

By believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured for their salvation.. We Christians while still being sinners are Deemed Righteous by being believing in the Atonement ( ye are washed ) of the Blood Jesus shed on the cross By believing Jesus we are sanctified and deemed Justified to be with the LORD in His perfect eternal existence by our trusting ( having Faith ) in what Jesus did for us..

So the unrighteous people Paul is talking about in verse 9 are those who are not right with God.. they are unbelievers who have rejected the Word of God, Our LORD Jesus Christ.. Paul is not talking about Christians here..

The following passage confirm that all who believe Jesus and trust in His atonement are in a state of rightiousness ( right with God )..

(Romans 3:21-26) "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; {22} Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: {23} For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; {24} Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: {25} Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; {26} To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."   

So in 1 Corinthians 6 9-11  Paul was talking about sinners ( and lets face it everyone is ) who are not covered by the Blood of Jesus, people who are thus Not justified by Believing Jesus but who's unforgivien sins will see them condemned on the day of judgement..

5 minutes ago, Adstar said:

I think i need to give a more detailed answer instead of just responding with a my conclusion.. The verse you quote is a verse in isolation.. With just a minimal of context we can see who Paul was talking about..

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, {10} Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. {11} And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

So in the verse before 1 Cor 6:10 we see that Paul is talking about a specific group of people who are they?  the unrighteous .

Now how are people made righteous ( right with God )?

By believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured for their salvation.. We Christians while still being sinners are Deemed Righteous by being believing in the Atonement ( ye are washed ) of the Blood Jesus shed on the cross By believing Jesus we are sanctified and deemed Justified to be with the LORD in His perfect eternal existence by our trusting ( having Faith ) in what Jesus did for us..

So the unrighteous people Paul is talking about in verse 9 are those who are not right with God.. they are unbelievers who have rejected the Word of God, Our LORD Jesus Christ.. Paul is not talking about Christians here..

The following passage confirm that all who believe Jesus and trust in His atonement are in a state of rightiousness ( right with God )..

(Romans 3:21-26) "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; {22} Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: {23} For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; {24} Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: {25} Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; {26} To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."   

So in 1 Corinthians 6 9-11  Paul was talking about sinners ( and lets face it everyone is ) who are not covered by the Blood of Jesus, people who are thus Not justified by Believing Jesus but who's unforgivien sins will see them condemned on the day of judgement..

Wow that was incredible!  Thank you for sharing that with me and opening my eyes.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Unless one has been there in an NDE, I don't think anybody can truly understand Heaven and Hell.   

I think Matthew 4:17 ("Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand") might be a clue to what heaven is, and once you understand heaven, you might understand hell.