IGNORED

Why do some "christians" still act ungodly towards others and expect to go to heaven.

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I really dont understand it. From one aunt that manipulates my brothers to another thats pushy and tries to do whatever she wants with my baby.. 

Why do people think you can bear christs name and act so ungodly? Instead of treating others as you'd want to be treated.. 

I find this behavior disgusting and hard to tolerate. To know God and be mean or abusive still is ridiculous. Why doesn't God check these people since theyre supposed to be his people?

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Why doesn't God check these people since theyre supposed to be his people?

That time is coming, in which the Messiah will sort through the Kingdom and judge each one according to their deeds after they were born-again. 

This is the time of grace, where such behaviour is either disciplined or tolerated, with the hope of repentance (change of heart) coming from us willingly - before He has to explain it to us directly on our judgement day.

In the meantime, focus solely on you  and your walk.  Being willing and open to help any other follower, reactively and proactively, but don't worry about those who treat who cruelly, bitterly, with a stubborn heart and seem to "get away with it".  Their time will come.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

48 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I really dont understand it. From one aunt that manipulates my brothers to another thats pushy and tries to do whatever she wants with my baby.. 

Why do people think you can bear christs name and act so ungodly? Instead of treating others as you'd want to be treated.. 

I find this behavior disgusting and hard to tolerate. To know God and be mean or abusive still is ridiculous. Why doesn't God check these people since theyre supposed to be his people?

I don't know the whole of your situation .  But I do know this .

ALL whom GOD LOVES HE will chasten and scourge .     ALL things work together for GOOD to those who LOVE HIM .

SO what is my point .   IF men and women are HIS and they err ,   God would correct .  BUT if one loves NOT CHRIST then they are NOT HIS .

So my point is ,    let us learn JESUS well and love EVERYTHING HE DID COMMAND us and teach us .    For if we love HIM , we OBEY HIM .

Let us learn JESUS well .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

Christianity is a faith, a belief in the Lord Jesus Christ (saving us from hell and giving us life and a relationship with God).

It is not a religion of works and rituals and whether or not you are sweet to everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

There are a lot of false Christians in the world. And no doubt most of them believe they are Christians.

But ALL Christians are still human beings in this life.

We must continually contend with the flesh (our sin nature)

until we die or Jesus returns when we will be perfected (our bodies changed).

Be thankful when Christians don't treat you badly.

We live in the world not of bests but of least worsts...

God alone is good.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is one of the most difficult things to deal with I've ever faced.   We DO suffer from the sin of others.  And they from ours.

EVERY time I've gone to Him, complaining about JUSTIFIABLE grievances against others, He has yet to address those with ME.  In every case He has acknowledged i had a just complaint, but REFUSED to speak to me about what He intends to do about it.  EVERY time He just throws up a big mirror, points to something about myself and in effect says "You leave them to Me.....now lets talk about this.."  And points a big fat finger at something I have not dealt with in myself.

His concern is how I react to being wronged, and I have learned He expects me to learn to deal with injustice like He did.  With mercy.  He gives us a choice....He IS JUST...it is fundamental to His nature.  If I persist and demand others be punished for their injustices perpetrated against me, then His justice DEMANDS that I too be held fully accountable for the pain I cause others.  But He gave me a way out....and MODELED it for me on the Cross.  In ways and to degrees I can never fill up and match.   It's called mercy.   Mercy that results in forgiveness.  And my flesh hates both justice and mercy.

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

By the power of His indwelling Spirit, He is seeking to build a people, a Body, out of individual members who treat each other as He has treated all of us.  Who DO what is just toward one another, but LOVF to extend mercy.  Who forgive, even before repentance has come to the offender.

Leaving vengeance....the just response to sin....to Him.

Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;
Their foot shall slip in due time;
For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.'

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

For we know Him who said, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The LORD will judge His people.”

The Lord WILL judge.....and woe to the one who has shown no mercy when He does......if I obey, and LOVE mercy now, His justice is ALLOWED to show me mercy as well....if not...that whole black and white, cold as ice "eye for an eye" Justice WILL be applied to me too.

I have the power to forgive sins.  Not as He forgives, but I can choose to forgive sins committed against me.  If someone genuinely wrongs me, and I go to Him and say "Lord forgive them, they had no idea what they were doing...had they understood they'd never have done that to me.  I place them in Your hands....i will not demand that they be repaid punishment for wrong."

That sin against me is forever blotted out of the "books" and will never be remembered against them ....not even at the judgement.  HE did exactly that for me, at the Cross.  He forgave my debt...paid it out of His own pocket...suffered grievously for my sake.  If I turn to my fellow servant after being forgiven that massive, unpayable debt of my own, He will treat me the same way.  His Justice, a fundamental aspect of His very character will demand it be done to me as I have done to others.

Love mercy, DO justice to those who are unjust toward you.  And He will do the same for us at the Judgment.

Mercy, another aspect of His very nature, is the ONLY thing that can satisfy His justice, apart from punishment.  We get to choose which "face" He will show US...when it is time to be judged.

and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

that's a BIG "if"

Edited by Jostler
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

We are all in different stages of our walk with Christ and it's so easy to judge others harshly who may be really young in the faith and don't understand the "Grace" we should extent to others.

To me what is beautiful is 1st Peter 3:15 "and regard the patience of the Lord as salvation".

All of us are at different places in our lives. Some just starting out, and some a little further along,

and then those who have been walking with the lord for decades.

In this verse I believe God sets the example how to love and be patient with those who aren't as far along as we are.

It takes a lot of prayer and discernment on how to respond to people some times when people come across in ways that can upset us either here or at church.

I praise God that all of us have time to grow and become more Christ-like in this process of salvation.

May God bless us all in finding more love and patience  as we grow.

Dave

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

The Lord gives us all time to repent. If we don't, the consequences can be very painful.

• Well Said! 1

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

There are a lot of false Christians in the world. And no doubt most of them believe they are Christians.

But ALL Christians are still human beings in this life.

We must continually contend with the flesh (our sin nature)

until we die or Jesus returns when we will be perfected (our bodies changed).

Be thankful when Christians don't treat you badly.

We live in the world not of bests but of least worsts...

God alone is good.

Yes God alone is good .     So I say we keep with the original pattern for all things .

IF JESUS and Paul and others said ,    Sin not ,   let it not be once named ,   then I say we follow that example .

Be serious and be grave .   And if one does err ,  point them right to the original pattern , doing all with upmost urgency with compassion or all out fear , TO correct that one .

I just honestly like and love the pattern that was originally set .    its like nothing else can hold any flavor to it .  BUT of course ,  JESUS SET IT , why would we not love it and see 

it as the pure true way for all things .  

• Well Said! 1

:dance:

Now let us dance and sing praises unto THE LORD . 

• Praise God! 1