IGNORED

Why do some "christians" still act ungodly towards others and expect to go to heaven.

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I really dont understand it. From one aunt that manipulates my brothers to another thats pushy and tries to do whatever she wants with my baby.. 

Why do people think you can bear christs name and act so ungodly? Instead of treating others as you'd want to be treated.. 

I find this behavior disgusting and hard to tolerate. To know God and be mean or abusive still is ridiculous. Why doesn't God check these people since theyre supposed to be his people?

Salvation is a one-time act, trusting Jesus, not self, for Heaven, but sanctification, refined Christian behavior, takes time, effort, Bible study, etc.

I've done things even this week I dislike. Judge who is a Christian based on testimony, "Yes, I've trusted Jesus, not me, my good works or efforts, for salvation".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, Billiards Ball said:

Salvation is a one-time act, trusting Jesus, not self, for Heaven, but sanctification, refined Christian behavior, takes time, effort, Bible study, etc.

I've done things even this week I dislike. Judge who is a Christian based on testimony, "Yes, I've trusted Jesus, not me, my good works or efforts, for salvation".

God bless you, brother!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

To me it's quite easy to sit in judgement like several of you mentioned, and forget that we are all sinners saved by God's grace. I know for sure I have been offensive to others and In our ego's and arrogance can think ourselves above such things or even better than others.

God say's LOVE covers a multitude of sins, so I have been concentrating on being there for those in my life needing support. I keep a  a positive attitude and don't judge them or criticize them, but instead I just love them for who they are, build them up,  and pray for them and encouraging them as GOD works in their lives to grow them as He has for me.

I just love the way God works :t2:

My name is Oligos

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Equippers said:

so you don't think Born again believers can be bullies?

you are wrong.

years ago i know this female pastor, who openly proclaim the love of God on stage, but is an unrepent bully

make it what you will.

but i know for a fact she is a born again believer, just like many other born again believers i have met.

A person who is truly a devout born again believer wants to be obedient to God. They display the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Being a bully is not one of them. Just  because this female was a Pastor does not mean that she is a born again believer. I am sure there are many Pastors out there that are not born again believers. You will know a born again believer but observing what they say and what they do. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

The only expectations we can have is regarding ourselves only.

And even then we fail, disappoint, even betray.

The original pattern (as you call it) IS in fact to be our goal... but we will never achieve it.

However, in the striving towards it we will spare God, ourselves, and others MUCH grief.

This life, aside from God who is good, is all about hoping for the least worst in all other things. 

Happy are those who realize this.

IN CHRIST JESUS ,   I can do all THINGS through HE who strengthens me .    Paul nor any other apostle wrote letters with the mindset that what they taught could never be achieved .

RATHER , TRUST IN JESUS and in HIM we can do all things through HE who strengthens us .       me thinks this generation would do good and be wise to know THAT . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I really dont understand it. From one aunt that manipulates my brothers to another thats pushy and tries to do whatever she wants with my baby.. 

Why do people think you can bear christs name and act so ungodly? Instead of treating others as you'd want to be treated.. 

I find this behavior disgusting and hard to tolerate. To know God and be mean or abusive still is ridiculous. Why doesn't God check these people since theyre supposed to be his people?

Because people put their faith in false teachers.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Love one another as I have you. Jesus said. We all fall short of this. But we have to keep trying and make progress.  

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 1/23/2020 at 7:27 AM, Equippers said:

so you don't think Born again believers can be bullies?

you are wrong.

years ago i know this female pastor, who openly proclaim the love of God on stage, but is an unrepent bully

make it what you will.

but i know for a fact she is a born again believer, just like many other born again believers i have met.

I experienced what youre talking about. I think for me personally. Im just going to stand up for myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I did not read any entries in this thread because the title spoke for itself.

There is but one judge and He sits upon the throne of eternity.

Nowhere has He instructed any person angelic or human to take His place as Judge, but stated firmly that "As Ye Judge, So Shall Ye Be Judged" implying to stay away from damning yourself by trying to take His place as was the down fall of Lucifer.

We as His children may judge actions, but never a persons soul for which Christ died and He died for all who pass through this world.

Past, present, and future.

Many Christians adhere to faults that they should lay down, but there place with the Lord is not decided by others, however, it can easily be decided by themselves for a little leaven can leaven the whole lump.

Be wise and be careful

JTF

• Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Why are we saved? He sees the heart man only sees the flesh. There are SO many reasons as to why some act some ways. This is going to make me cry.. I've been married for over 35 years. I LOVE Jesus.. thinking knowing I HAVE Changed after all these yeasr for Christ. Died to self and HE shines in me. Just the other day got very mad.. man I thought that was gone. It really scared me that I got that mad..thats all I will say. Never said a word to her..  This is the part that really really hurts. I made my wife cry. And if you knew her.. she never cries. So anyone that saw me in that moment would say I was no follower of Christ. I may have been given a thought by the enemy but.. I did take it and act on it. Blood of Jesus. Just another reason to fall down and worship Him because with out Him.. I would have nothing.. as in the best part of me :(

So try to see the good.. ask the Father to show you what He sees that we can't :)

• Thumbs Up 1