• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, existential mabel said:

Global warming is part of natural cycles and there’s nothing we can actually do to stop these cycles.

Hi, Well I am a real nut then,  for I question the basis for stating there are cycles.

I do find myself in the camp of thought that this is a young earth. Not one billions of years old going through eons of cycles; and that this young earth is hotter each year. My "world" seems warmer to me each year. My air conditioning  usage gives me practical testimony of that.

I do think there is little or no reason to think warming will cause Florida to go underwater,  as much of what is frozen water is actually  expanded ice which contracts when returned to a liquid state - reduces in volume. Plus warmer water vaporizes and the envelop of the lower heaven may expand rather than the earth flood, but this is all  one's speculations too.

In the meantime; I do find  My own Florida Suncoast has gotten a whole lot hotter than it was even forty years ago. It just doesn't much matter why; I have to deal with the result; which is for me to take my chances on the mountains of North Carolina. Many  of us are now going away, to get out of this heat part of the year. Like the ants building a new ant hill we will affect North Carolina as a result. And, the climate may change there too as a result of us, just as it has  at Southern California. California once a nice place is now crawling with humanity and it's waste.

To say as James Watt did in the Reagan presidency that it all doesn't matter for the end is here anyway seems a bit  of a fallacy now as I look back.

I have to live in the day at hand and it is hot today, hotter than last year.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Ha, just had the thought: I suppose that some might visit the fires of hell and still say, "What climate change?".

Funny thing: As I was reading this my wife opened up her computer, looked at it and said" Oh wow, it is going to be 85 today! 

85 degrees Fahrenheit in the second week of February. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

carbon dyoxide abosrbs long range radiaton but it doesnt warm the planet

it doesnt trap heat in a bottle laboratory conditions.. it traps more heat but in an open enviroment it absorbs heat and then liberates it

carbon dyoxide makes the earth inhabitable essential for life but it doesnt cause warming of the earth

mars has 70% more carbon dyoxide and is cooler than earth

scientists have conflicting views as to whether carbon dyoxide cools or heats the planet...

extract from video (transcript)

Edited by existential mabel

Evidently CO2 absorbs, and then re-emits, infrared radiation.

..."the temperature of a gas is a measure of the speed of the molecules in the gas, the faster motion of a molecule that eventually results from the IR photon that was absorbed by a CO2 molecule raises the temperature of the gases in the atmosphere.

This ability to absorb and re-emit infrared energy is what makes CO2 an effective heat-trapping greenhouse gas. Not all gas molecules are able to absorb IR radiation. "... from  UCAR Center For Science Education

Sometimes rather than starting with a desired conclusion and then trying to build support for it, one instead needs to gather factual information and then see where it may lead. The  is dificult when a desired end is known before the supporting doctumentation for it is found.

It is going to be 78 degrees here today  Feb. 11, 2020. Wonder why?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

i started this thread as i was sick of the monologue loudest voice wins out and i dont begin to understand these things. its always an idea to even know the other side of the tracks as any other view has it seems been marganilised....and the  put downs...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,077
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

wrong.jpg.e787bc6cdcdcd1fd030613690563f049.jpg