IGNORED

What year was it when Jesus lived on earth?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

It is harder than I thought to formulate this question correctly. 
So I try it this way: "During the time that Jesus was born. And at that time when someone was asked what year it is, what would that person say?"

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 hour ago, Wesley L said:

So I try it this way: "During the time that Jesus was born. And at that time when someone was asked what year it is, what would that person say?"

Jesus was born in 4 BC and died at age 33 1/2 on Passover (April of that year) in 30 AD. Does that help?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/16/1961

@Wesley L, i went to the Hebrew Calendar, what I found was this, 4BC in the year 3758 Putting it on the day of October 4th.... the Jewish festivals that proceeded, the time line of John the Baptist birth counted to the time of Jesus birth. The cenus takin was when Jesus was about two years old...I went to this site: http://anitpas.net/heb_cal_3758.htm      

this is why i appreciate this site, Worthy, it will cause you to, search, seek, just like Jesus wants us too....Stay Hungry, Stay Thirsty......much appreciation

Edited by fileoflife
appreciation

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Jesus was born in 4 BC and died at age 33 1/2 on Passover (April of that year) in 30 AD. Does that help?

according to Luke he was born in 3BC

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

1 minute ago, other one said:

according to Luke he was born in 3BC

Depending on when X reigned or Y was in office, sure. Remember, that is based on assumptions of archaeology, because Luke doesn't give a calendar year using a Roman or Hebrew calendar.

The OP needed an approximate date-setting, I think. I'm not upset if someone says 5 BC or 3 BC or says He died in 29, 30 or 31 AD--that would likewise depend on the prophesied decree mentioned in the book of Daniel.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

not going to agrue, just stating what I have learned through history and a lot of research of a lot of different things

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

21 minutes ago, fileoflife said:

@Wesley L, i went to the Hebrew Calendar, what I found was this, 4BC in the year 3758 Putting it on the day of October 4th.... the Jewish festivals that proceeded, the time line of John the Baptist birth counted to the time of Jesus birth. The cenus takin was when Jesus was about two years old...I went to this site: http://anitpas.net/heb_cal_3758.htm      

this is why i appreciate this site, Worthy, it will cause you to, search, seek, just like Jesus wants us too....Stay Hungry, Stay Thirsty......much appreciation

Thanks, i think this answers my question.

So, during that period, someone living in that period would answer :"the year is 3758".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/16/1961

28 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

So, during that period, someone living in that period would answer :"the year is 3758".

yes, now I have found a time table with scripture and feasts that i am trying to figure out how to send you so that u may examine for yourself as to draw from this, I am very ignorant on how to put things on here, tho some kind folks have told me how to do this, on my laptop it doesn't work, BUT, I am a persistant  child of God, so here is another reference for you to check out, { i meessaged u the time table but don't know if it went thru} go to this: Remnant.net-Sukkot and the birth Of Jesus     scroll down to: The complete Chronology in the book of Luke. hope this helps you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Anno domini; in the year of our Lord. On the Julian and Gregorian calendars. 

There are problems and changes to the aforementioned calendars with accuracy [long story]. By our calendar of today, it's generally accepted by many scholars, Christ was born about 2 B.C., and went to the Cross around 31-32 B.C.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, fileoflife said:

Question: There have been a number of changes to the Julian and Gregorian calendars since the time of Christ. In 70 A.D. the Jewish diaspora happened and lasted almost 2,000 years with no one in the land. Whom and where, was minding the Hebrew calendar of 360 day years cf. the Julian & Gregorian?