IGNORED

What year was it when Jesus lived on earth?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, Wesley L said:

It is harder than I thought to formulate this question correctly. 
So I try it this way: "During the time that Jesus was born. And at that time when someone was asked what year it is, what would that person say?"

Remember, man's understanding of time, dates, not to mention poor record keeping... 

was in flux until the 1700's CE.

The Lord used the solar and lunar calendars / days of the week as time tables...

I tried with determination at one time to nail down when this was myself and ran

into difficulties even with the Hebrew calendar.

For whatever reason humanity lost track of days and dates over the last 2K years.

Specifically, I was trying to pin down what day of the week Jesus died on the cross

by what conflicting Hebrew calendar sources indicated the Passover day of the week

fell on.

Frustrating.

Not because of God's truth but man's incompetence.

I am CERTAIN people will challenge this, but from MY research I AM satisfied with:

Yeshua Ben Elohiym was born to Yosef Ben Yacob and Miryam Ben Eli in the time of the Census

(a multi year event) on the Feast of Tabernacles (September / October) approximately 03 BCE.

He began his earthly ministry approximately 25 CE.

Three and a half years later in on a Thursday (the fifth day of the week)

during Galilean Passover (14 Nisan 29 CE) he was crucified.

He died during the slaughter of the Pascal Lamb for the official (combined) Passover / Feast of Unleavened Bread

Seder held the following evening on 15 Nisan.

Galilean Passover was a matter of dispute / debate with the Sanhedrin whether a separate Seder on 14 Nisan should be

held then the unleavened bread on 15 Nisan due to ambiguity in texts like Leviticus 23.

In this way HaShem (the LORD) was able to keep Passover  the night before the official Passover, die when the Pascal Lamb 

was sacrificed, and enter heaven itself as the official Seder was kept.

Jesus told the thief on the cross "THIS DAY you will be with me in paradise" (which is only mentioned 3 times in scripture and

all refer to the abode of God). Spiritually (disembodied) Jesus went to Sheol (Ephesians 4:8-10) declared the victory to the lost

(1 Peter 3:8) and took the Old Testament saints (the captivity) to heaven (Ephesians 4:8-10) before the sun set on  Jerusalem that

day approximately 3 hours after he gave up the Ghost on the cross.

In his Sunday dawn resurrection three days later / on the third day (which can only mean  he died Thursday) his Spirit was reunited with his body.

He is the only resurrected man to date.

All other rasisings from the dead ended up in death... Messianic Rabbi Larry Feldman calls those restorations rather than resurrections. 

It is appointed unto man once to die then the judgment... is collectively / generally. Means there is no reincarnation as someone else. As far as

number of deaths, we have seen and heard of many being resuscitated back to life.  Obviously they would die a second time.

We await the general resurrection when Jesus returns but when believers  die until then we go to heaven spiritually (disembodied) to be with the Lord

to return with him at the general resurrection and our bodies will rise before the perfecting of the saints who are still alive on Earth at the time...

The dead will also rise physically to bow before Christ and confess he is LORD to the glory of God the Father.

Then the lost, the beast and false prophet, death and Sheol will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

The old Heavens and Earth will pass away and in their place the new Heaven-Earth... and so shall we be with the LORD forever.

Amen.

Rundown:

Jesus kept Galilean Passover with his disciples at sunset on the fifth day (Thursday) 

was betrayed, tried and beaten throughout the night, stood accused before Pilate

after sunrise, was beaten and crucified at about 9 AM until about 3 PM when he gave up the Ghost.

His body was taken down and hastily wrapped and placed in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea before sunset

when the Passover began.

NOTE: one way of tracking this down for exact dates which I was unable to do, is to find a record (if any exists)

of a rich man named Joseph of Arimathea who had to keep Passover one month later (when people who could not keep

Passover Seder at the official date [15 Nisan] because they handled a dead body).

Three days later (approximately 60 hours later) ON the third day, Jesus rose from the grave as a fully resurrected man

(his Spirit being the Word of God, of course) 17 Nisan 29 CE ← my best guesstimate.

This is the date that the Flood of Noah ended / the Ark came to rest on land several thousand years earlier...   if memory serves. 

This is fairly tight / hand-in-glove / dovetailed together... but I admit there are problems with 

what YEAR it happened...

Then I began studying time itself and...

it's very entailed. 

Time dilates, changes with altitude / the further one gets from a gravity well... that sort of thing.

Some even speculate the Earth actually has a 360 day year in the beginning but the "long day of Joshua" and the

clock being turned back several steps for King Jehoshaphat (if memory serves) not to mention the darkness that fell on 

the entire planet as Christ hung on the cross... all elongated the orbit of Earth around the sun.

No telling how many more such events happened in the 2k years since the death and resurrection of our Lord.

When you learn just how wobbly and erratic the orbits of the planets are... sheesh... let's not go there. LOL

Hope this helped.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, JohnD said:

Remember, man's understanding of time, dates, not to mention poor record keeping... 

was in flux until the 1700's CE.

The Lord used the solar and lunar calendars / days of the week as time tables...

I tried with determination at one time to nail down when this was myself and ran

into difficulties even with the Hebrew calendar.

For whatever reason humanity lost track of days and dates over the last 2K years.

Specifically, I was trying to pin down what day of the week Jesus died on the cross

by what conflicting Hebrew calendar sources indicated the Passover day of the week

fell on.

Frustrating.

Not because of God's truth but man's incompetence.

I am CERTAIN people will challenge this, but from MY research I AM satisfied with:

Yeshua Ben Elohiym was born to Yosef Ben Yacob and Miryam Ben Eli in the time of the Census

(a multi year event) on the Feast of Tabernacles (September / October) approximately 03 BCE.

He began his earthly ministry approximately 25 CE.

Three and a half years later in on a Thursday (the fifth day of the week)

during Galilean Passover (14 Nisan 29 CE) he was crucified.

He died during the slaughter of the Pascal Lamb for the official (combined) Passover / Feast of Unleavened Bread

Seder held the following evening on 15 Nisan.

Galilean Passover was a matter of dispute / debate with the Sanhedrin whether a separate Seder on 14 Nisan should be

held then the unleavened bread on 15 Nisan due to ambiguity in texts like Leviticus 23.

In this way HaShem (the LORD) was able to keep Passover  the night before the official Passover, die when the Pascal Lamb 

was sacrificed, and enter heaven itself as the official Seder was kept.

Jesus told the thief on the cross "THIS DAY you will be with me in paradise" (which is only mentioned 3 times in scripture and

all refer to the abode of God). Spiritually (disembodied) Jesus went to Sheol (Ephesians 4:8-10) declared the victory to the lost

(1 Peter 3:8) and took the Old Testament saints (the captivity) to heaven (Ephesians 4:8-10) before the sun set on  Jerusalem that

day approximately 3 hours after he gave up the Ghost on the cross.

In his Sunday dawn resurrection three days later / on the third day (which can only mean  he died Thursday) his Spirit was reunited with his body.

He is the only resurrected man to date.

All other rasisings from the dead ended up in death... Messianic Rabbi Larry Feldman calls those restorations rather than resurrections. 

It is appointed unto man once to die then the judgment... is collectively / generally. Means there is no reincarnation as someone else. As far as

number of deaths, we have seen and heard of many being resuscitated back to life.  Obviously they would die a second time.

We await the general resurrection when Jesus returns but when believers  die until then we go to heaven spiritually (disembodied) to be with the Lord

to return with him at the general resurrection and our bodies will rise before the perfecting of the saints who are still alive on Earth at the time...

The dead will also rise physically to bow before Christ and confess he is LORD to the glory of God the Father.

Then the lost, the beast and false prophet, death and Sheol will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

The old Heavens and Earth will pass away and in their place the new Heaven-Earth... and so shall we be with the LORD forever.

Amen.

Rundown:

Jesus kept Galilean Passover with his disciples at sunset on the fifth day (Thursday) 

was betrayed, tried and beaten throughout the night, stood accused before Pilate

after sunrise, was beaten and crucified at about 9 AM until about 3 PM when he gave up the Ghost.

His body was taken down and hastily wrapped and placed in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea before sunset

when the Passover began.

NOTE: one way of tracking this down for exact dates which I was unable to do, is to find a record (if any exists)

of a rich man named Joseph of Arimathea who had to keep Passover one month later (when people who could not keep

Passover Seder at the official date [15 Nisan] because they handled a dead body).

Three days later (approximately 60 hours later) ON the third day, Jesus rose from the grave as a fully resurrected man

(his Spirit being the Word of God, of course) 17 Nisan 29 CE ← my best guesstimate.

This is the date that the Flood of Noah ended / the Ark came to rest on land several thousand years earlier...   if memory serves. 

This is fairly tight / hand-in-glove / dovetailed together... but I admit there are problems with 

what YEAR it happened...

Then I began studying time itself and...

it's very entailed. 

Time dilates, changes with altitude / the further one gets from a gravity well... that sort of thing.

Some even speculate the Earth actually has a 360 day year in the beginning but the "long day of Joshua" and the

clock being turned back several steps for King Jehoshaphat (if memory serves) not to mention the darkness that fell on 

the entire planet as Christ hung on the cross... all elongated the orbit of Earth around the sun.

No telling how many more such events happened in the 2k years since the death and resurrection of our Lord.

When you learn just how wobbly and erratic the orbits of the planets are... sheesh... let's not go there. LOL

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the long explainations. Not that I understood it all, but it gave me some important insights.
We humans can't count haha.

The reason I asked the main question was to see whether we are nearing the year 6000 counted from the beginning.
I am exploring that idea and that we are nearing the millenial kingdom. But that is a different topic.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Star charts agree with the constellation Leo and Virgo displays an 80 min window in 3 Bc Sept 11.

The heavens declare the Glory of God....

30 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Star charts? 80 minute window lol come on man.... Birth Date and Calendar explain enough

Check out Revelation. It is all over the net if you care to research it. Modern charts can backdate this event accurately.

Edited by Justin Adams

On the 11th September 3 BC (Day 1 Month 7 - Tishri) God used the constellation Virgo to give us a sign in the heavens:

That evening, from Bethlehem, as the constellation of Virgo became visible just above the horizon towards the west, it appeared as if sun set had ‘cloaked’ Virgo’s body. The crescent moon was positioned right under her feet, whereas the day before, and after, the moon was not under her feet. Also, above Virgo’s head are nine stars that form the constellation of Leo, which represents the Lion of the tribe of Judah who is Jesus. That night however Mercury, Venus and Jupiter were also in Leo, making a total of twelve stars above Virgo’s head. Planets were considered as stars in ancient days, and the word planet literally means wondering star. The book of Revelation describes a great sign in the Heavens, with the sun, moon, and stars, and describes that the child being born was Jesus:

Revelation 12:1-2
1 And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, 2 and upon her head a crown of twelve stars, and she being with child screamed, travailing in birth, and agonised to be delivered.

Revelation 12:5
She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron sceptre.” And her child was snatched up to God, and to his throne.

The prophet Isaiah also made a prophetic allusion to this sign over 700 years before.

Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the LORD Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive, and give birth to a son, and will call him Emmanuel.

The best time to have witnessed this momentary display was between 5:53 p.m. and 6:35 p.m. that evening, and Jesus was born at about 6:12 p.m. It’s possible to be confident that this was the time of Jesus’ birth because it was also at this precise time that the brightest star in Virgo, called Spica, which represents an ear of corn being held in Virgo’s left hand, appeared to ‘touch’ the horizon, or ‘alight to the earth.’ The name of this star in Hebrew is Tsemech which means ‘branch,’ and is the subject of prophecy by Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Zechariah. Spica is actually Latin for ‘ear of corn’ or ‘a kernel of wheat’, and Jesus Himself alluded to this sign:

John 12:23-24
23 And Jesus responded to them, “The hour is come that the Son of Man should be magnified. 24 Truly, truly I say to you, unless a kernel of wheat alights to the earth and dies, it remains a single seed. But if it dies, it bears fruit.”

There are twenty different Hebrew words for the word branch, but only one of them, Tsemech, is used exclusively in the Old Testament four times and each time it is in reference to the coming Messiah:

Isaiah 4:2
In that day the Branch of God will be beautiful, and resplendent, and the fruit of the land will be the pride, and splendour of the survivors in Israel.

Jeremiah 23:5
Behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD. “When I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely, and do what is just and right in the land.

Zechariah 3:8
Hear O High Priest and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring My Servant, the Branch.”

Zechariah 6:12-13
12 And speak to him saying, this is what of Hosts says: ‘Here is the Man whose name is the Branch, and He will branch out from His place and build the Temple of God, 13 He will be clothed with majesty, and will sit, and rule on His throne. And He will be a Priest on His throne. And there will be prosperity between the two.’

In studying these prophesies, several things can be learned about the identity of the Branch. He is a King, a Servant, a Man, and a Priest. His name is God, He is our Righteousness and is Jesus Himself. These themes about the Messiah were divinely developed in the Gospels. He is resented as the King in Matthew, a Servant in Mark, a Man in Luke, a Priest in John, and as Himself in John’s Revelation. This Branch prophecy is also eluded to else where:

Matthew 2:23
and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.

The name Nazareth means ‘Branch-town,’ as the root word for Nazareth is Netzer which means branch or shoot. A Nazarene from Nazareth is like saying an Israeli from Israel. A Netzer is actually a particular kind of branch that grows from a stump of a plant that’s been cut down and has spouted up some distance from the stump, this is what happened with Jesus:

Isaiah 11:1
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

The stump of Jesse relates to what happened to the Davinic line of descendants. David had taken Israel to the height of its greatest achievements, which his son Solomon maintained until his death but then the kingdom divided due to civil war and continued to decline till the southern kingdom of Judah was taken into captivity in Babylon. This was the stump. The Davinic descendants continued on into virtual obscurity until Jesus was born and this is the Shoot, the Netzer that ‘came up’ in Nazareth far from the original stump in Bethlehem where David had been born.

Michael Heiser DR.

star chart.jpg

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Thanks for the long explainations. Not that I understood it all, but it gave me some important insights.
We humans can't count haha.

The reason I asked the main question was to see whether we are nearing the year 6000 counted from the beginning.
I am exploring that idea and that we are nearing the millenial kingdom. But that is a different topic.

No problem.

Well, we are definitely nearer than we were... of course that's true each and every day.

----------------------------------

Some believe that the current Church Age / Age of Grace IS the millennial  kingdom ← though

inadequately named by the reference to it in Revelation 20 (which the Greek for "thousand years" is plural). Thousands years.

And the specification of the thousand in the text is referring to a specific millennium in the over all millennniums mentioned.

There is also a reference in Isaiah about people dying at the age of a hundred... 

But the teaching that the Millennial Kingdom is a literal 999 + 1 years long at will be after the second coming of Christ (or the rapture

as some teach) may not be true. ← which I put it this way for the sake of argument. Because I believe the Church Age is the millennial

Kingdom on Earth.

What has yet to occur (in my beliefs anyway) is the marriage feast of the Lamb (which is from the time of the rapture until the return of the Lord

to Earth). I am not dogmatic about it. And I could see the argument that the marriage feast is the 2000 (so far) time in heaven when all believers

go (in spirit) directly to be with the Lord in death  (2 Corinthians 5:8-9).

Edited by JohnD

• Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 1/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, JohnD said:

No problem.

Well, we are definitely nearer than we were... of course that's true each and every day.

----------------------------------

Some believe that the current Church Age / Age of Grace IS the millennial  kingdom ← though

inadequately named by the reference to it in Revelation 20 (which the Greek for "thousand years" is plural). Thousands years.

And the specification of the thousand in the text is referring to a specific millennium in the over all millennniums mentioned.

There is also a reference in Isaiah about people dying at the age of a hundred... 

But the teaching that the Millennial Kingdom is a literal 999 + 1 years long at will be after the second coming of Christ (or the rapture

as some teach) may not be true. ← which I put it this way for the sake of argument. Because I believe the Church Age is the millennial

Kingdom on Earth.

What has yet to occur (in my beliefs anyway) is the marriage feast of the Lamb (which is from the time of the rapture until the return of the Lord

to Earth). I am not dogmatic about it. And I could see the argument that the marriage feast is the 2000 (so far) time in heaven when all believers

go (in spirit) directly to be with the Lord in death  (2 Corinthians 5:8-9).

I am still not sure what to believe about the millenial kingdom / rapture. I have my "preferences"  about which one could be the truth, but I have laid it down and I just wait for what God will reveal to us in time.
I can imagine that when things come to pass, we would be amazed how clear the bible actually was and that we did not see the complete picture. Just as the apostels were confused when Jesus died on the cross. After Jesus' resurrection, they started to understand what Jesus had taught them all the time.

Maybe God intended it to be this way, so that the truly born again Christians will act like it. To show kindness, gentleness, compassion, slow to anger, even when there is disagreement among them.

The signs of Jan 2020 is very clear worldwide. He is coming soon. Let us all be prepared in His way and not our own ways.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 1/23/2020 at 6:16 AM, Wesley L said:

So I try it this way: "During the time that Jesus was born. And at that time when someone was asked what year it is, what would that person say?"

Is not Wesley asking the following question:  What calendar did Jesus and his followers use when they were walking the earth?  How did they calculate the time on earth of humans? Has any one done research on this question?

While we are on this topic, when say you math folks about the date of when Adam was created (or is this a topic for another thread)?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.90

If your goal is to calculate the time since Adam you have a few other problems since there are multiple ideas on various time periods throughout. I don't think we can definitively say what year we are in, in that sense.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/23/2020 at 2:16 PM, Wesley L said:

I suppose we go by timelines in this world.