• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

God Draws Sinners to Repentance

Joel 2:13  Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Is 57:15-19  For this is what the high and lofty One says— he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.  I will not accuse forever, nor will I always be angry, for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me— the breath of man that I have created.  I was enraged by his sinful greed; I punished him, and hid my face in anger, yet he kept on in his willful ways. I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near," says the LORD. "And I will heal them."

Notice that God takes initiative in guiding people into repentance. Much more so does he accept the repentant, even much to their surprise. To those who are far from God He sends a message of peace, contingent of course upon their repentance. Though everyone at some time or another experiences calamity in their lives due to their sin, God's intention is to bring people to repent of their sins and turn to God experiencing his graciousness.

Jer 33:8  I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
  • Thanks 1