• Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Thursday 1-23-20, Tevet 27, 5780 5th. day of the weekly cycle, 34th. Winter day

Sin And Grace:

Romans Six:1-14 (KJV)
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@Walter and Deborah

(Please forgive my boldness)

As much as I like and bare witness with your posts and your heart after God.... All the scriptures you posted are in a ever present reality. Very true, very real, in real time...In an ever present now...

It is the title that gives me pause. 

“Believer's Death To Sin In Principle:”

Our deaths in Christ is not “in principle”. It is in a ever present reality. It is true now.... Whether one believes in it or not does not change the reality of what Christ did for us on the cross....When He died we died....It is accepting and believing and having faith in this truth that causes one to walk in newness of life. Where the works of the law are fulfilled in them, but not by them. 

Once again please forgive my boldness, but “in principle” takes away the truth of what our salvation in Christ consists of, namely, our deaths in Him as a ever present reality...

Hopefully this is known and seen inwardly and this was just the wording, or maybe it is just me seeing something that isn’t or wasn’t meant. 

Either way, be most blessed in Him, as we grow into Him in all things. 

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

@Not me

You are a gentleman.

Walter does study the word of God diligently same like I do.

I am sure he has just pick up this title from somewhere and did not give it much thought.

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,204

3 hours ago, Not me said:

@Walter and Deborah

(Please forgive my boldness)

As much as I like and bare witness with your posts and your heart after God.... All the scriptures you posted are in a ever present reality. Very true, very real, in real time...In an ever present now...

It is the title that gives me pause. 

“Believer's Death To Sin In Principle:”

Our deaths in Christ is not “in principle”. It is in a ever present reality. It is true now.... Whether one believes in it or not does not change the reality of what Christ did for us on the cross....When He died we died....It is accepting and believing and having faith in this truth that causes one to walk in newness of life. Where the works of the law are fulfilled in them, but not by them. 

Once again please forgive my boldness, but “in principle” takes away the truth of what our salvation in Christ consists of, namely, our deaths in Him as a ever present reality...

Hopefully this is known and seen inwardly and this was just the wording, or maybe it is just me seeing something that isn’t or wasn’t meant. 

Either way, be most blessed in Him, as we grow into Him in all things. 

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

Amen, I'm glad for your observation, I must have picked that title from an Open Bible and thought that it was appropriate, but I will be taking heed, please be in prayer, thanks.

Love always, Walter

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Worship Warriors said:

@Not me

You are a gentleman.

Walter does study the word of God diligently same like I do.

I am sure he has just pick up this title from somewhere and did not give it much thought.

I do so bare witness with his posts, so I was thinking it was just a slip of the fingers. 

Keep pressing in, Not me 

43 minutes ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen, I'm glad for your observation, I must have picked that title from an Open Bible and thought that it was appropriate, but I will be taking heed, please be in prayer, thanks.

Love always, Walter

No worries, it happens, but to Him be our all. And yes, all those that are His, may we all grow in our walks, faith and love for all. 

In the beloved, Not me 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

Romans 5:20  (KJV)

20 : "Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound "

The law entered, that the offense might abound :   This means that God created a set of holy standards, (law and commandments) to show us our sinfulness.  The Law and Commandments are a spotlight on our sin and a searchlight into our motives regarding our heart's desires, and both are judged by the law as "all have fallen short of the Glory of God".. Which means, that on our best day, doing our very best, we are an "unclean thing", a "filthy rag" as compared to God's righteousness.

As compared to each other, some are better some are worse.   But as you and i compare our righteousness to God's Righteousness, the we are as dirty as dirty can be.

A person says...>"but im living as holy as i can, i dont sin, i dont want to sin, i confess my sin,  i am keeping the commandments, i am enduring to the end, i am water baptized, i am presenting my body as a living sacrifice"..

And the Law and Commandments smile and say.....>"listen self righteousness, what you as  compared to the Blood of Jesus the Christ"... ?????

What are you?    A.) you are DIRTY.  B.)You're a sinner

So what is the cure?  What is our recovery?  How do we escape this situation whereby the Law and Commandments have shown us what GOD SEES when He looks at you and me?

Romans 5:20 (KJV)... "But where sin abounded"...... Where  OUR sin is discovered by the law and commandments........ GRACE DID MORE ABOUND.    This means that the Grace of God is able to take your sin, wash it clean in the blood of Jesus, and recreate you as the born again "the righteousness of God in Christ".  It means that "we are no longer under the law, but UNDER GRACE".... It means that the born again believer has a new law that overshadows them.....it is their covering and their forgiveness, this is "The Grace of God".

• Topic Count:  2,204

34 minutes ago, Not me said:

I do so bare witness with his posts, so I was thinking it was just a slip of the fingers. 

Keep pressing in, Not me 

No worries, it happens, but to Him be our all. And yes, all those that are His, may we all grow in our walks, faith and love for all. 

In the beloved, Not me 

Amen, :)

• Thumbs Up 1