• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, K9Buck said:

The Baptists?  Lutherans?  Methodists?  Who please?  Thanks.  

Hello Buck :)

Many churches have gone astray in their doctrines,look for one who  is closest to the Bible,there's no perfect church (we are the church) don't look for any labels, try to find out their doctrines and match them with the Bible,that's my suggestion, it can be difficult if you live somewhere and there is no Biblical church close to where you live,Jesus was wondering if He still would find real faith when He returns,many churches are these days in replacement theology.

I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"Luke 18:8

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

The Word of God is true.. Make the Holy Bible your foundation and stand on His Word..

The Body of Christ is the Body of believers who are indwelled by His Holy Spirit.. Don't worry about any denominational tag..  What ever church you may feel lead to attend just be constantly checking what ever you heard preached against the Word of God..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, Adstar said:

The Word of God is true.. Make the Holy Bible your foundation and stand on His Word..

The Body of Christ is the Body of believers who are indwelled by His Holy Spirit.. Don't worry about any denominational tag..  What ever church you may feel lead to attend just be constantly checking what ever you heard preached against the Word of God..

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Are you a preacher?  How did you become so knowledgeable?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

In an earlier post you indicated that you were Catholic, so why didn't you include them in your question?  Why the question? Are you searching for a denomination to belong to? or are you just trying to stir debate and discussion?  Either reason is okay but when possible I like to know the why behind some questions asked.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, K9Buck said:

Are you a preacher?  How did you become so knowledgeable?

I read the Bible from start to finish when i was in my early 20's and while i was reading it i would repeatedly pray to God for guidance and understanding..  True wisdom is a gift from God.. Anything i share that's of worth has been given to me by His Holy Spirit..

I guess anyone who shares the Gospel in engaged in preaching.. But i am not a pastor, reverend, or any other titled church official you may think of..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Adstar said:

I read the Bible from start to finish when i was in my early 20's and while i was reading it i would repeatedly pray to God for guidance and understanding..  True wisdom is a gift from God.. Anything i share that's of worth has been given to me by His Holy Spirit..

I guess anyone who shares the Gospel in engaged in preaching.. But i am not a pastor, reverend, or any other titled church official you may think of..

Thank you.  

12 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

In an earlier post you indicated that you were Catholic, so why didn't you include them in your question?  Why the question? Are you searching for a denomination to belong to? or are you just trying to stir debate and discussion?  Either reason is okay but when possible I like to know the why behind some questions asked.

I didn't mention Catholicism because I already know that members here reject that doctrine.  I'm not trying to "stir debate" but I do enjoy the opportunity to learn from others, particularly those who don't necessarily share my values or beliefs.  I like having my beliefs challenged and I enjoy challenging others to do the same.  I believe it's healthy.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I didn't mention Catholicism because I already know that members here reject that doctrine.  I'm not trying to "stir debate" but I do enjoy the opportunity to learn from others, particularly those who don't necessarily share my values or beliefs.  I like having my beliefs challenged and I enjoy challenging others to do the same.  I believe it's healthy.  

I agree. I also enjoy challenging others to think or consider why they believe as they do. Most will choose their own denomination as being right (even if they state that they don't agree with everything taught by that particular denomination), because why belong to a particular denomination if you don't believe they are right?  I know some "grow into a denomination", meaning that their parents raised them within that particular denomination. Some have joined churches due to location, or they like a particular preacher, or for the "activities offered". Some even join particular churches as a career move. 

I am simply a Christian. Because people like labels, I get referred to as a non-denominational Christian. When visiting nursing homes, I will be asked by some of the residents there if I am a Baptist, etc... usually if I am a Baptist as they are definitely in the majority where I live. But even the Baptist appear to have multiple denominations as there are Primitive Baptists, Independent Baptists, Free Will Baptists, Southern Baptists, etc.... I understand that in the United States (where I reside) there are at this time 1200 different denominations of Christianity in this nation alone.

3 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I agree. I also enjoy challenging others to think or consider why they believe as they do. Most will choose their own denomination as being right (even if they state that they don't agree with everything taught by that particular denomination), because why belong to a particular denomination if you don't believe they are right?  I know some "grow into a denomination", meaning that their parents raised them within that particular denomination. Some have joined churches due to location, or they like a particular preacher, or for the "activities offered". Some even join particular churches as a career move. 

I am simply a Christian. Because people like labels, I get referred to as a non-denominational Christian. When visiting nursing homes, I will be asked by some of the residents there if I am a Baptist, etc... usually if I am a Baptist as they are definitely in the majority where I live. But even the Baptist appear to have multiple denominations as there are Primitive Baptists, Independent Baptists, Free Will Baptists, Southern Baptists, etc.... I understand that in the United States (where I reside) there are at this time 1200 different denominations of Christianity in this nation alone.

I'm going to start identifying as you do, non-denominational Christian.  I simply don't know enough about various doctrines to know what I am.  Lol.