• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  1

Romans 7:17 (NASB)
So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

To correctly place this truth where it belongs among the truths concerning our salvation.

This truth is not an excuse for sin. But is in fact the reason why the born again Christian still sins. Because sin still dwells in us....It is being made free from this sin that still dwells in us, is that that our new life in Christ is to overcome.... Therefore because this sin nature is ours by birth, this sin nature can therefore only go out by death. For that which was brought in by birth must come to and end by the same way of nature, which is, it must go out by death. And this necessary death is given to us by being joined by faith with Christ in His death. 

For this is the dilemma that plagues the Christian life, how to walk in newness of life?

Which is answered, by, which life rules in the life of the Christian?

Self or Christ.

For seeing how there is no active power of the will that can overcome itself. A total denying of ones own will is the only avenue that is available to the sinner to get rid of himself. A turning to self for anything, is a turning away from the source of all help, to the weak and beggerly elements of this world. With a taste not, touch not, rules of behavior, that one puts forth, as one sees what they believe to be right at any given moment of time.... Which is nothing else but the soul striving to build a righteousness of it’s own.

To be made free from sin, is the same thing as being made free from self. This life with our attempts at fixing this or that that we find wrong with it, is a necessary step to discover that if we get rid of this or that sin, another one pops up even worse. We may manage to stop ourselves from stealing, but pride in our accomplishments now takes it’s place, and we judge and condemn anyone who can not measure up to our judgement of our own measure of our walks with Christ.

There is only one cure for this situation and it is the cure put forth in and by the salvation we have in Christ. A total and complete reckoning ourselves dead each and every moment of the day. A walk of faith before God. A constant looking to Him for all growth of the Divine nature in us. For the just shall live by faith.. This is why Paul was accused of preaching a Gospel of “let us do evil that good may come.” Because the foundation of the Gospel, which is our deaths on the cross with Christ was not understood by those that were accusing him of preaching such a Gospel.

For as Paul asked in Galatians; “one thing do I want to know from you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, (what you yourselves can do) or by the hearing with faith.”..... For faith in God is what is required by God, from us, for our growth in Him. 

This; the just shall live by faith, is to be our all, concerning the how of walking in newness of life. For all things come from God through the faith of the heart turned towards Him. 

For as the woman with the blood issue touched Him with faith, as all around Him pressed Him, she was the only one to receive, because she was the only one that touched Him with faith...To Him who waits for our turning to Him and touching Him with faith...

A fellow believer in Christ, Not me