IGNORED

Recommendations for Christian magazines?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

There's lots of them, needless to say.  I've googled around and found numerous lists also.  What I'm looking for is serious articles on Bible topics, study, history, etc.  I have no interest in magazines dedicated to particular interests or demographic groups, such as entertainment, so-called "family" magazines, parents, teens, etc. 

I'm old school, I prefer hard-copy magazines and steer away from digital or online only.   I'm pretty much "fundamental" or "evangelical" (although the latter doesn't mean much anymore), in that I believe the Bible is the inerrant WOG, salvation through Christ alone, the trinity of God, church baptism and communion.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Workman

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

22 hours ago, Workman said:

There's lots of them, needless to say.  I've googled around and found numerous lists also.  What I'm looking for is serious articles on Bible topics, study, history, etc.  I have no interest in magazines dedicated to particular interests or demographic groups, such as entertainment, so-called "family" magazines, parents, teens, etc. 

I'm old school, I prefer hard-copy magazines and steer away from digital or online only.   I'm pretty much "fundamental" or "evangelical" (although the latter doesn't mean much anymore), in that I believe the Bible is the inerrant WOG, salvation through Christ alone, the trinity of God, church baptism and communion.

Thanks in advance.

Unless you are Catholic, your options are limited.

Unfortunately, the reality is, real print is dying out.

Most magazines that are still in full print, that are high quality, are the Catholic ones.

An unfortunate aspect of the fragmentation of Protestant Christianity, is that you don't have the pooled resources that a unified ideology like Catholicism has.    No evangelical magazine could gain the support of all the protestant churches.   They would be bickering over Calvinism and withdrawing support.

I would say your best bet is perhaps

https://www.christianitytoday.com/

Christianity Today started by Billy Graham

https://shop.charismamag.com/collections/magazine

Maybe Charisma Magazine.... although I wonder about them.

As for serious theological magazines....

I was going to recommend RZIM Magazine, I think they have gone all digital.

You could try Answers in Genesis Magazine, however while they are not limited, and cover a wide variety of topics, their primary focus is science and creation (as the name in implies).

I can't think of any others I would really recommend.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/26/2020 at 6:29 PM, Workman said:

Thanks in advance.

Hi, You might take a peek at Levitt Letter available on line and in print each month https://old.levitt.com/levletter

Also  Israel My Glory https://israelmyglory.org/subscribe/

May God bless your endeavor.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Here's a list of 7 free Christian magazines I found online.  I subscribed to Messiah, found it interesting.  The first magazine I received had a description of Christ's trial and crucifixion that cleared up some misconceptions I had regarding it.

https://www.thescribesportion.com/free-christian-magazines/

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/26/2020 at 11:29 PM, Workman said:

Thanks in advance.

You could try Youtube Preachers websites. That content is diverse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Christianity Today would be my choice. You may even see some articles in that magazine that you do not find solid Christianity.