DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

As my understanding goes, there will be no more flesh once Jesus returns and ALL are changed.  Even the animals.  Just wondering if this is a universal understanding and if not, what Scriptures support a different understanding.  One of the ways I support this 

Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isaiah 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1 Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

1 Corinth 15:51-52 (from the Greek, which always gives me a better understanding)
Behold, a mystery to you I tell.  All not we will sleep; all however we will be changed,  in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet,  The trumpet will sound for, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Strong's  3498 nekros  dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, a dead body

Nekros is used of  (1) the death of the body (2) the actual spiritual condition of unsaveed men (3) the ideal spiritual condition of believers in regard to sin (4) sin, which apart from law cannot produce a sense of guilt (5) the body of a believer  in contrast to his spirit (7) the works of the Law, inasmuch as, however good in themselves they cannot produce life (8) the faith that does not produce works 

as if already dead, sure to die, destined inevitably to die
deceased, departed, one whose soul is in Hades
(spiritually dead)

862 aphtharrtos

imperishable, incorruptible, indestructible,
not liable to corruption or decay
immortal

So as I see it, when the Lords Day, the Millennium begins, ALL will be changed and the kingdom of God will have no "flesh".  BUT,  there will be a difference between those who "are alive" and those who are "dead".  The dead will receive their INCORRIPTIBLE BODY yet they will NOT receive their IMMORTALITY, they will remain "dead" or "spiritually dead" until they too have also passed the test, that being Satans release for a short season, at the end.  If they chose wisely they will not be a part of the second death in the lake of fire but will receive their immortality then.  

So that when the 1000 yrs are expired and we stand in Judgment, there will be NO PHYSICAL OR MENTAL  DEFECT  DEFENCE  available for poor spiritual choices.  

Oh death where is thy sting?  Gone, at least as far as Satan is concerned.  Fear not those who kill the physical body, FEAR HIM who can kill the SOUL. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@DeighAnn

This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. But I’m of the mind that our bodies will be the same as Jesus’s was after His resurrection. Where He could walk through walls and eat food/meat...Don’t ask me to explain His body or His, for lack of better words, His resurrection flesh. This is just my personal opinion on the thought.

Be blessed as you look into this truth and all truths, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You would be correct. All things natural [this world age] shall be done away with as rolling up a scroll when our Lord has returned, and the Spiritual age will commence, however, as the apostle Paul explained in 1Cor 15, not all will have immortal souls and are still subject unto the second death.

The purpose of the Millennial age is to try and save them.

Godbless

JTF

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

As my understanding goes, there will be no more flesh once Jesus returns and ALL are changed.  Even the animals.  Just wondering if this is a universal understanding and if not, what Scriptures support a different understanding.  One of the ways I support this 

Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isaiah 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1 Corinthians 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

1 Corinth 15:51-52 (from the Greek, which always gives me a better understanding)
Behold, a mystery to you I tell.  All not we will sleep; all however we will be changed,  in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet,  The trumpet will sound for, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Strong's  3498 nekros  dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, a dead body

Nekros is used of  (1) the death of the body (2) the actual spiritual condition of unsaveed men (3) the ideal spiritual condition of believers in regard to sin (4) sin, which apart from law cannot produce a sense of guilt (5) the body of a believer  in contrast to his spirit (7) the works of the Law, inasmuch as, however good in themselves they cannot produce life (8) the faith that does not produce works 

as if already dead, sure to die, destined inevitably to die
deceased, departed, one whose soul is in Hades
(spiritually dead)

862 aphtharrtos

imperishable, incorruptible, indestructible,
not liable to corruption or decay
immortal

So as I see it, when the Lords Day, the Millennium begins, ALL will be changed and the kingdom of God will have no "flesh".  BUT,  there will be a difference between those who "are alive" and those who are "dead".  The dead will receive their INCORRIPTIBLE BODY yet they will NOT receive their IMMORTALITY, they will remain "dead" or "spiritually dead" until they too have also passed the test, that being Satans release for a short season, at the end.  If they chose wisely they will not be a part of the second death in the lake of fire but will receive their immortality then.  

So that when the 1000 yrs are expired and we stand in Judgment, there will be NO PHYSICAL OR MENTAL  DEFECT  DEFENCE  available for poor spiritual choices.  

Oh death where is thy sting?  Gone, at least as far as Satan is concerned.  Fear not those who kill the physical body, FEAR HIM who can kill the SOUL. 

Are you talking about the second coming of Christ after the 7 year tribulation? That is when Jesus Christ will return to this earth. 

1 hour ago, Flowersun said:

Do you mean,spiritual bodies,Not me?

(Not me on the plank)

Whether Jesus had,  after His resurrection, a pure physical or a pure spiritual body or some combination of them both, I don’t know....But scripture says, that His body could not only go through walls,  but eat solid food....I have no idea how this could be, but I do believe (and I could be very wrong) that we will have a body just like His. Whatever substance it is made out of....But this is all my opinion, so take it with a  whole bunch of salt.

Not me walks the plank. Splash! :)

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Not me said:

@DeighAnn

This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. But I’m of the mind that our bodies will be the same as Jesus’s was after His resurrection. Where He could walk through walls and eat food/meat...Don’t ask me to explain His body or His, for lack of better words, His resurrection flesh. This is just my personal opinion on the thought.

That is close to what scriptures indicate. We will have physical/spiritual bodies as God ain't about to ditch something He worked so hard on. We do not know what Adam was like, but it is possible, like many other heavenly beings, that he could go where he wanted when he wanted and how he wanted. Else how could he so quickly have named all the animals etc., and walked with God/Yeshua in the garden... It is not so much a mystery as it is a willingness to accept the supernatural blended with the natural like God's Heavenly Sons.

• Thumbs Up 3

57 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you talking about the second coming of Christ after the 7 year tribulation? That is when Jesus Christ will return to this earth. 

Yes, I am speaking of the 2nd Advent.

2 hours ago, Not me said:

@DeighAnn

I don't see it as a vast difference  as "manna" was angels food and the angels or messengers that God sends look just like men.  I think for me it is about the not getting sick, not aging, not getting hurt, not having mental issues or the daily fight against the sinful flesh.  I for one can't hardly wait.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I don't see it as a vast difference  as "manna" was angels food and the angels or messengers that God sends look just like men.  I think for me it is about the not getting sick, not aging, not getting hurt, not having mental issues or the daily fight against the sinful flesh.  I for one can't hardly wait.  

My only question is;

Are there going to be Jeeps and Motorcycles in Heaven. ??  lol :)

And be blessed in our waiting, Not me 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Yes, I am speaking of the 2nd Advent.

There will be some people with earthly bodies that will enter the 1000 year millennium. All those who enter eternity or the New Jerusalem will have immortal bodies. No earthly bodies they will all be immortal.