God and mental illness

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but if it is, my question then is, what does God say about mental illness? I ask because I've come across people who believe that the illness will go away if you get prayed over and you stop doubting.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, Ray Of Sunshine said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but if it is, my question then is, what does God say about mental illness? I ask because I've come across people who believe that the illness will go away if you get prayed over and you stop doubting.

Welcome to Worthy forums Ray of Sunshine. You will have to go to the welcome section and post there several times before you can reply here.

You need to be more specific on mental illness. Some mental illnesses are medical and can be healed with medicines, some are caused by demonic forces and can only be healed by the Blood of the Lamb (Jesus). Chemical imbalances and the like are more health issues than they are religious issues, Some mental illness stems from abuse and the like and take years of counselling to heal. But as with any Illness though, Christ is the Great physician and can heal those things supernaturally as well, But that is according to His will.