• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Signs and Wonders in the New Millennium

A look at the coming apostasy.  What are your thoughts on this article?

With much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

This brings up a subject that has deeply troubled me. A close friend of mine attended the Toronto "Revival" and shared her experienced with me.  I was totally apalled. First I was taken aback by her wording of the experiences. Though she was describing the Holy Spirit there was no reverence to Him at all. I was offended by the way she casually talked of Him "throwing His Powers around." I guess I must live under a rock because I had never heard of the Toronto revival until last year. However, since then I have been informed at length from different sources. Not having been there myself I try to not form an opinion as to the actual revival, but I have had direct contact with my friend and it has not been pleasant. "Orderly fashion" does not now apply to her.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I think I had an experience with something like this. I took my fiances son who is 13 to a youth group. At first the youth pastor was not going to let me stay to see what the structure was. I convinced him otherwise. Anyway what I was looking for was a group that did Bible 101 what we got was a bunch of kids speaking in tongues, laying on hands, and no one translating. One young man claimed to be living under the spirit of condemnation, which without any explanation the children assumed to be from Satan. So they layed hands on him, spoke in tongues and rebuked this evil doer. I had to ask the question that what if God was making this child feel guilty about some sinful behavior. I got a long lecture from the youth pastor about living under the law. I also had to ask if the children were taught scripture in which He said they run things the way they want. Needless to say my fiances son was very uncomfortable and had no idea what was going on. With out teaching scripture this was just a big hodgepodge of the mystical, which of course kids would be interested in. I tried to speak to the Pastor of the church but he didn't want to try to tell the youth pastor what to do. I am familiar with the feelings I have in connection with the Holy Spirit and I did not feel that lifting up there. What I felt was fear in the pit of my stomach. Needless to say we have not returned.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

These are good rules to see through apostacy and to keep from being deceived by it as it runs rampant through the churches.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jipsah
the demand for supernatural manifestations during church services has caused some to unwittingly adopt a magic-show mentality, where mystic rituals buried since the demise of the Delphic Oracle blend with traditional Christian fellowship.

I'd change "blend with" to "replace".

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The so-called "prosperity gospel" is nothing more or less than that.  "Maintain your positive confession, and God *must* give you a new Lexus."  That ain't worship, and that ain't service to God, that's an attempt to manipulate God to do our will.  In other words, magic.  

You are right on target! I've also heard it called the Faith Movement, where you simply have to profess something and it will happen. And if it doesn't, it is because your faith is weak... :angry:

There is an excellent book on it by Hank Hannegraff called "Christianity in Crisis". I highly recommend it if anybody would like to learn more about it...

God Bless!!!  :P

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hank Hannegraff is an excellent resource.  I also enjoyed his book "Prayer of Jesus".  Prayer of Jabez seems like nothing more than a mantra.  If you pray this using these steps you will get everything in those little boxes stored up for you in heaven.  Can any one please show me where God has boxes in heaven with our names on it, and if we don't say the right things, He will say, "No, no, no.  You didn't say it right.  I won't give it to you till you say it right."?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  858
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/05/1964

This website is quite interesting,have you gone through it?

Contending for the faith

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Hello Everyone-I would like to speak of personal experience of Signs and Wonders.

First off, I'm a Spirit filled Pentacostal. Nope, I don't drive a Lexus and I probably never will. I believe in the whole Bible, front to back. Matter of fact, I read the Word first, then was saved and then believed the Lord would put me where He could use me when I was released from prison. I was raised unchurched and went through a spiritual battle.(unless you read my testimony you could not imagine what is going on in the spiritual realm, www.alienresistance.org/ce4casefiles.htm. This is the only place I found that had any IDEA of what I had been through).

I was a strung out paranoid schizophrinic (demon driven), delusional drug addict. I finally ended up where the Lord could reach me and teach me about what I had experienced, JAIL. Ten months in a 10'X10" cell. No denomination theology being hammered in, just between me and the Lord! I used to set around and wonder if everone was reading the same Word I was. If so, why wern't they experiencing it??  Through this time the Lord had given me a gift of "child like faith", I read it and believed it.  

Before I was busted, I had went to an E.R. for some extreme abdominal pains (felt like labor), when they found out I was a junkie they treated me terrible. Gave me a shot of demerol (?) and sent me on out. Told me it was probably a V.D. I told myself I would never go back back to the Doc again.I suffered with it every mid -month. While I was in jail it hit me HARD. All I could do was curl up in a fetal position and cry. I covered my head with a blanket and prayed for God to heal me and I brought Him to rememberance of His word on healing. After I quit crying I noticed that I wasn't in pain any longer. First I wiggled my foot, then slowly streached out, then jumed out of bed. I HAD been instantly healed, Praise God!!! A few months ago I was sent for an Ultra-sound and the technician was stumped by what he was seeing. He said it looked like a sac of fluid all around my left ovary. Hummm. My Doc it turn orders a catscan (?) Still there, they don't know what it is. I tried to tell my Doc, " that was where I was healed"! No pain, no problem. So, I witnessed to my Doc. I'm supposed to go back in 6 months... Funny, I even seen my healing. Isn't that awesome?

I can tell you guys I was looking at 20 to life in prison, but I recieved a 3 year sentence. Or I can tell you of the time that the Lord set me free of the demons that were in me, by laying on of the hands!!(No show there in jail) The time He intervened in my mothers behalf, through dementia, the Lord woke-up a lady from my church in the middle of the night, and told her to go to my mother the next day, gave her a time of soundness in mind and saved her before she died... By faith....Hebrews 11... Read it, re-read it. Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word of GOD! not opinion...The Lord confirms His word as I have preached and witnessed to others.That is the Lord I serve. Not mammon.

May you all be blessed.. :inlove: