• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

What is Real about Raelism?

Discuss this cult group and their quest to become the first human cloners of the world.

Raelians claim cloning first

SCIENTISTS from Clonaid, a firm linked to the Raelian movement, say they have implanted the first cloned human embryos in women in the hope of bringing the first human clone into the world.

What are your thoughts,

With much agape love,

George

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

These people are off their rocker.  I can't believe they have the following that they do have.

Sounds like the leader just had a bad dream one night, woke up, added a little more freakiness to his dream and wha la - his religion.

Now, as for their experiment, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they were trying to do what they are saying.  I'd be willing to say for certain that many around the world are in some secret back room playing around with embryos.

That is sad.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I agree with gatorgirl. These people are nutbars. Reality left these people in the dust.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Wow! :P I find it really hard to believe that the large majority of the world could be made to believe that we were created by aliens, but I suppose anythings possible. :P It's really disturbing that there's these kinds of people out there!

God Bless! ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I, for one, believe them. Yes, I believe that they believe that humans were created by aliens. I also believe that humans can be a gulible species. I believe that the human capacity for stupidity is far greater than we would care to believe. This is simply one more example of this.

This is not unprecedented in scripture. How many times in the OT did the Israelites forget God in favor of Baal and Asheroth? I know of several both before and after the time of the Kings. If God's chosen people can be that gulible then anyone can.

Or, to put it a little less elloquently. They're a bunch of fruitcakes. (These cultists, not the Israelites.)

• 7 months later...
Guest teddybear58
:P It really worries me how much vulnerability these people have - I know God has His plan for our lives and the earth in which we live, but when I see such stupidity in man as this I just have to stop and ask God - "How much longer will this earth go on?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:P Hi George~ The "other god" worship at it's end time high! I read about one of these cults that has had contact with a spirit guide called "Lucifer". She talks about how misunderstood he is.. Whitley Strieber (sp), these people ARE having contact, just not with WHO the think they are... Fallen angel agenda is to seek and destroy.

We as the Church need to realize these are people we need to be able to reach.. But without knowledge of their experience they turn to where it will be accepted/validated..New Age..  Therefore the enemy takes more hostages...

I thank the Lord He has opened my eyes reguarding this area of demonic attack in these end times...

Much :inlove: in HIM, Karen

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

I'm afraid more people may subscribe to this nonsense  because in Thessalonians, God sends them a strong delusion because they do not love the truth but prefer a lie, hence they perish.

Very sad. I realize that if man is so willing to believe the lie of evolution, he is even more open to the lie of space aliens and spirit guides.               -Cat    :butbut:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Another article

The Raelian Religion

by Marty Butz

Founder: Rael (formerly Claude Vorilhon)

Founding Date: 1973

Official Publications: "Apocalypse" (a quarterly magazine), The Book Which Tells the Truth, The Message Given to Me by Extra-Terrestrials, Beings From Outer Space Took Me to their Planet, Sensual Meditation.

Organizational Structure: There are six levels of responsibility within the movement. The sixth level, the highest, is occupied by Rael, Claude Vorilhon, the "Guide of Guides."

Unique Terms: Elohim, Harmony, Awaken, Cosmic Orgasm

HISTORY

According to claims by the Raelian Religion, "On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Claude Vorilhon (now called Rael) was contacted by a visitor from an other planet, and asked to establish an embassy to welcome these people back to Earth. The extra-terrestrial was about four feet in height, had long black hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin and exuded harmony and humor. He told Rael that 'we were the ones who made all life on earth, you mistook us for Gods, we were at the origin of your main religions. Now that you are mature enough to understand this, we would like to enter official contact through an embassy'. In the days following, Vorilhon-Rael (Rael being the name given to him by the space visitor) allegedly "received commentaries on the most significant parts of the Bible" (Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults, p. 143). These teachings by the extra-terrestrial and notes taken by Rael were later published in his book, "The Messages Given to Me by Extra-Terrestrials". It is also claimed that Rael was visited a second time two years after his first visitation, again in France. However, this time the space visitors took Rael aboard their space ship to the planet where they lived.

Faithful to his commission, Rael has established a movement to spread the message of the Elohim and to build an embassy to welcome the extra-terrestrials back to earth. The message in large part explains who the Elohim are and how life on Earth came to be. Also, it is important for the embassy to be built in order for the Elohim to return to earth and share their scientific expertise. It has been revealed that the Elohim "will only come when we build their embassy, such is their love and respect for us".

Despite the bizarre message of Rael, the Raelian Religion, from its beginning in 1973, has found a large following since he first had the alleged extra-terrestrial encounters. His movement within the last year has claimed 35,000 followers in 85 countries (New York Times, August 12, 1997, p. A6) and his book, The Message Given to Me By Extra-Terrestrials, has been translated into over 22 languages (PRNewswire, May 21, 1997).

The movement has not only been fueled by books that Rael has authored, but also by various seminars around the world which have helped to promote the movement. "Awakening Seminars" have introduced many to the "Sensual Meditation" techniques that presumably "our parents from space taught Rael". The stated effect and purpose of these techniques is to "decondition oneself, uninhibit oneself and appreciate the present in a much deeper way, enjoying every sensation with a maximum of pleasure and love without the paralysis of societies [sic] guilt". Ostensibly, these techniques are related to what has been reported as the main tenants of the movement: "masturbation, communal orgasm, sexual freedom and pleasure

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

A rather lengthy post, Karen - but I managed to read it all. Yuk!

I held my nose but the stench of Satan's lies is almost unbearable. I can easily see how so many lost souls searching for answers will be attracted to this