IGNORED

Why Christians should support Israel?

Guest DaughterofZion1

Guest shiloh357
Why don't you mention the specific incidents complete with names and dates?  It is easy just to refer in a general sense to some ambiguous events in history.

Those are fair questions, Shiloh. :o Maybe some people in here have an attitude problem, but that's another issue. These events are well-known, they're on TV and in newspapers all the time. You don't need all those specifics.

I would be interested to hear your answers. Properly handled, it could only fortify your position.

Yes I do need those specifics. There is a lot of things like what he mentioned that are only HALF reported on the news. Usually, important facts are usually left out. Here is as an example of what I mean:

As far as the bulldozing of Palestinian houses is concerned,

Many of the so-called Palestinian "houses" that are bulldozed, turn out to be houses that are used for weapons depots, bomb making factories, armories and such. That does not get reported. What you hear on the news is that "four Plastinian houses were bulldozed by Israel." It is not like some poor guy was eating breakfast and tractor came through his kitchen or something. That is the picture that the media would like to leave with you, when they report on what is going on, but that is just not the case.

So, I want specific examples with names and dates. I am so tired of people just wanting to make blanket accusations and expecting that such will suffice to brush aside an serious discussion of the issue. I expect anyone making these kinds of allegations will be able to support them, and I want to see their support.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

See? :o You can do it.

You didn't need specifics. You were able to tell the other side of the story anyway. Certainly, someone like you must be aware of the situations. Keep going...

Guest shiloh357

See? :o You can do it.

You didn't need specifics. You were able to tell the other side of the story anyway. Certainly, someone like you must be aware of the situations. Keep going...

Steve, I know what I am doing, OK? I want to see some knowledge here of history. I want specifics. I have a reason for that. I am tired of blanket allegations most of which are based on faulty second-hand information or because someone saw it on the BBC or CNN.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I am tired of blanket allegations most of which are based on faulty second-hand information

Yup. :o And now is your golden opportunity to put them to rest. The average American (no matter how sympathetic he might be to your cause) doesn't have direct access to local TV in Jerusalem.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Don't want you to think that I'm ignoring your questions Shiloh. I'm presently at work and will need to consult the books that I've been reading at home.

Those who are waiting or looking for GOD'S fulfillment of promisses in the flesh, are just that. In the flesh. You are looking and waiting for something that won't happen. 

God promised to bring a Messiah...in the flesh.

Did that happen or not?

God will bring the Jews out of every nation tribe and tongue and gather them into HIS kingdom

You have mixed a few different verses here and came up with a new one. Would you mind showing us where God says that?

When you do...please notice that He also promised to give them a land to live in when they come from the north, south, east & west.

He calls that land "Israel" and even gives specific borders from the Nile to the Euphrates. That has yet to be fulfilled...but you can bet that it's coming.

It's HIS property...not Arafat's, not Sharon's, not the UN's, not America.....

The LORD alone has the deed and title to that piece of land and He has promised it to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You might make claim to being the spiritual seed of Abraham...but you can't say that you are descended from Isaac or Jacob so you might as well stop kicking against the goads.

End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. He ALWAYS wins the debate.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

I do not "know" much about this as my eyes have only recently begun to be opened to the Hebrew roots of the Gospel. I have always believed God would fulfill what he promised to the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I believe I am grafted into the vine, and therefore, by faith seed of Abraham, but that does not make me jewish by lineage.

What I am saying is this, I am not covetous for what God has promised the Jew. And I deeply want them to turn to Jesus and for God to give them the promised land. And He will. If they have Jesus in their hearts then we gentiles who believe can only profit, it is a good thing. I am anxious for the jewish people to come to know Jesus deeply. I am actually excited and don't care what the leaders of the world or anyone else, including satan, has planned for Israel. It will happen the way God said it would. No doubt about it.............

What I am saying is this, I am not covetous for what God has promised the Jew.

God bless you, rafter...

I really think that is what it boils down to. Envy.

How could God love such unlovable people?

It's a question we should ask about ourselves.

Guest idied2

Did CHRIST come here for nothing? That we should forget to pay attention to HIS teachings?

Matthew 5:38-42

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Lu 9:60

Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

In 1987 my six year old son was killed by a drug using drunk driver. Was this supposed to happen? yes. Should I be mad at the LORD over it. NO. I loved my son dearly. But I LOVE that MAN wo died on the Cross more. God kills and GOD makes alive. GOD wounds and GOD heals. who will YOU get even with for what GOD has done.

De 32:39

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug:

Guest shiloh357
Did CHRIST come here for nothing? That we should forget to pay attention to HIS teachings?

Matthew 5:38-42

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Lu 9:60

Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

In 1987 my six year old son was killed by a drug using drunk driver. Was this supposed to happen? yes. Should I be mad at the LORD over it. NO. I loved my son dearly. But I LOVE that MAN wo died on the Cross more. God kills and GOD makes alive. GOD wounds and GOD heals. who will YOU get even with for what GOD has done.

De 32:39

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

In CHRIST JESUS  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

So what does that have to do with being morally opposed to innocent Jews being targeted for extermination by Arab terrorists? Again I ask, are you of the opinion that we should turn and look the other way when Jews get ripped apart by terrorist bombs, and when they get murdered on the streets and homes of their own country?

Why do you opppose those of us who support Israel's right to live in their own land? Why do oppose the Word of God which says that God is restoring His nation to His Land?

How do you think that Jewish people will recieve the gospel when they see Christians decidedly saying that their self-defense is illegitimate? You know the church looked the other way during the holocaust, and almost completely cut the lines of communication with the Jewish people. Do you think we should repeat that?

So far nothing you have posted speaks to the issue raised in this thread.