IGNORED

Demystifying Mystery Babylon

George

Guest LindaInChrist
Greetings in Christ Jesus,

She is the mother of all harlots.

She is not only institutionalized religion. She is also the fantasy of vanity we live in.

She is everything not Jesus. That is why in Revealtion 14 the 2 witness are called virgins to Christ. They are not whoring around with mystery babylon.

Just my humble opinion. ;)

Peace,

Dave

I agree with you that Mystery Babylon is anything that is not Jesus Christ. And the statement about the "fantasy of vanity" we live in. Ecclesiastes talks about everything UNDER the sun (SON) being vanity and that there is nothing new UNDER the sun (SON). We are not, however, under the Son. We are raised and seated with Him in the heavenly where all things are made new and all is satisfied (see Isaiah 53:11). Vanity is defined as (just a few of the definitions):

1. Emptiness; want of substance to satisfy desire; uncertainty; inanity.

2. Fruitless desire or endeavor.

7. Inflation of mind upon slight grounds; empty pride, inspired by an overwhelming conceit of one's personal attainments or decorations. (I believe this is the vanity Ecclesiastes speaks, the root of the fruit of emptiness, uncertainty, and fruitless desire).

Confusion is defined as:

Confusion

CONFUSION, n.

1. In a general sense, a mixture of several things promiscuously; hence, disorder; irregularity; as the confusion of tongues at Babel.

**The key word here is "mixture" as in not mixing law and grace, old and new covenants, natural and spiritual.

2. Tumult; want of order in society.

The whole city was filled with confusion. Acts 19.

God is not the author of confusion. 1 Cor 14.

**Every time I can remember there was a sacrifice, the wood was always put in order. See Abraham and Elijah.**

3. A blending or confounding; indistinct combination; opposed to distinctness or perspicuity; as a confusion of ideas.

**I like this definition because it alludes to the distinctness of sound. 1 Cor. says that unless an instrument give a distinct sound, how can one prepare for the battle? This is talking about the trumpet of the Lord, the clear sounding word coming forth right now as the person and work of Christ is being declared. The battle that is being prepared for is the fight of faith that takes place as the spirit wars against the flesh. In other words, flesh (the outward appearance) does not always agree with the truth that is in Christ but faith demands that we believe what God says. "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!" Who will believe the report of the Lord? The Lamb has not only prevailed to open the book (the Bible) but also to open the book that you are (a living epistle known and read of all men).**

4. Abashment; shame.

O Lord, let me never be put to confusion. Psa 71.

We lie in shame and our confusion covereth us. Jer 3.

**Those ten kings (the law) expose Babylon and make her naked. Jesus has taken this abasement and shame for and as us as He hung naked and ashamed as all mankind in Adam on the cross. Knowing this, that the old man was crucified with Him that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should no longer serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. After "knowing this" comes "reckoning it to be so" (debits and credits in relation to what Jesus did in the death and the resurrection....He took the old and gave the new, gave the curse and took it away, blessed be the name of the Lord) and then "yielding your members". We get it backwards when we try to yield members to something we have not reckoned nor known. We must know what He did. How can you yield to something you aren't aware of? The untruth of the dual nature leaves us wondering what to yield to and we play the "white dog/black dog game for the rest of our lives. It ought not be so. Peter knew who Jesus was but didn't know what He came to do. Jesus called him "Satan" because he knew not the things of God. Jesus told the devil the same thing in the wilderness temptation when he tried to "sell" Jesus all the earthly kingdoms if He would worship him. Jesus tells the Pharisees later on that, "My kingdom is NOT of THIS WORLD. If it were, my people would fight for it." Jesus is telling them that fighting for the kingdom is of this world or way of doing things yet we fight all the time as brothers and sisters in the family of God, comparing ourselves to one another and using the wrong measuring stick. His way is to make peace. Blessed are the peacemakers and the precious fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

5. Astonishment; agitation; perturbation; distraction of mind.

**Colossians three tells us to set our minds on things above, not on things on the earth for we are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God.*** We are to focus on the unchanging and eternal not the changing and temporal.

Confusion dwelt in every face.

6. Overthrow; defeat; ruin.

The makers of idols shall go to confusion together. Isa 45.

**Idols are false images and the worst false image one can have is a false image of his or her Father. The image we have of Him is the image we portray.**

7. A shameful blending of natures, a shocking crime. Lev 18:23, 20:12.

**I personally like that last definition as it relates to the untruth that we still have two natures once we are born again. A SHOCKING CRIME!!! You are either a sinner by first birth or you are righteous by being born again. Can't be both in nature. Sin dwells in the members but the body is dead because of sin according to Romans 6 and can be yielded to something that will give it life (that's the Spirit of God within the believer~Romans 6 and 8). The spirit IS life because of righteousness and your spirit is either life or death, not both. Why do we "act" like we do sometimes? Because our minds our unrenewed and still functioning in carnality which is death but our mind can be renewed and we can be transformed (see Romans 12:1,2). In Lev.18:23, it says that no female should lie with a beast." The Word says that a man without God is like unto a brute beast. Beasts function according to their natural appetites and senses which is what Adam fell to when he disobeyed. Our soul (the feminine aspect of man) or the church corportately is not to lie with that old man. It's a shocking crime. She has a new husband. With that said, I would like to add some thoughts to yours on "Babylon".

Babylon is confusion. The first mention of Babylon was where man tried to build a tower to heaven and God confounded the language. There is no way up but by Jesus Christ and anyone trying to go up another way is a thief and a robber. God created Adam in full stature but Adam fell from that measure by trying to do something to be like God when he was already in His image. He fell from perfection in all three realms of man (777) to short of the glory in all three realms of man (666). He fell short in the nature of God, the wisdom of God, and the expression of God.

The reason the harlot is called "Mystery Babylon" in the Revelation of Jesus Christ is because she is confused and doesn't know it. She lacks wisdom which Father God defines as "Christ (1 Cor.1:30) and the preaching of the cross (1 Cor.1:17-23). She is confused as to the mystery of Christ in her, the hope of glory because she doesn't know the mystery is "finished". Babylon will measure people while the Bride measures the Son of God. Babylon will look on the appearance (good and evil deeds) while the Bride looks on the heart (discernment....Hebrews 5:14. The mature Bride can discern between good and evil yet trust in neither one. She trusts in Jesus.)

She (Babylon) is the home of every foul and unclean bird and those are the birds that will try to take away parts of the sacrifice so you can't see it (see 2 Samuel 3 re: Rizpah)...and any part of the sacrifice you allow to be removed from your vision is a part you don't get to enjoy. That's why Rizpah shooed them away the birds and the beasts. She wanted a total view without any pieces missing.

You can tell the harlot from the Bride by what she offers in her hand. The harlot offers a cup full of abominations and the Bride offers bread and wine, the meal of the Melchizedek priesthood flowing out of the Great High Priest who rests on the mercy seat or throne of God. The cup of sin and suffering is empty, having been taken by the Son of God and all that is left is the cup of communion (common union). Even if you wanted to, you could not drink that other cup because Jesus already did. Confusion will try to get you to drink a cup that has already been drunk to the last drop and it will cause you to be confused and miserable too because it is anti-Christ or the opposite of God's intent and purpose. We don't have to suffer but instead fellowship with the sufferings He already suffered by partaking of His broken body and His blood. If you partake of His sufferings, you will partake of His glory. His glory can be found in those sufferings. The way up is down. Now we do suffer persecution but that is a joyous thing. It was the EMPTY silver (redemptive) cup that was put in the mouth of Benjamin's (son of the right hand) sack of grain.

The harlot gives birth to duality or death (good and evil...the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil...Eve gave birth to Cain AND Abel~one was good and the other was evil) while the Bride gives birth to the Son or Life (the fruit of the Tree of Life). We have been made able ministers, not of the letter that kills but of the Spirit that gives life. Babylon has clothed herself for man's pleasure while the Bride allows herself to be clothed for His pleasure. Esther required nothing to go in to the king but what the keeper of the women (a type of the five-fold ministry) suggested. All the other women decked themselves out with what they thought would please the king (cosmetic queens with the looks but not the heart) but only Esther found favor in the eyes of the king. She ended up showing her nation the death of a wicked king at a banquet, acquiring a writ of a curse reversal (her nation was sentenced to die but she appealed to the king and the curse was reversed), and securing the deliverance of her people. She ruled and reigned with the King, having received to the half of the kingdom which was the half that had not been told (see Sheba with king Solomon).

Babylon is drunken with the blood of martyrs for she has required the blood of others in addition to the blood of Jesus. His blood is not enough for her so she is exacting the blood of others through her accusations. She is cutting with the stones of the broken law and exposing sin instead of revealing Christ, the fulfillment of the law. She is declaring what she (and you) have, can, and ought to do instead of what Jesus has already done. The ten kings are the Law that has been sent to expose her sin. In other words, she is functioning under an old covenant of works instead of the new covenant of grace. She rests on the waters or multitudes of peoples instead of resting on the mercy seat, a finished work. She tries to get the kings of the earth to do what has already been done. She glorifies herself instead of the Son (Ch.18). See also "vanity definition number 7 above". While chapter 17 gives us the rundown of this harlot, chapter 18 is the declaration of her fall in one hour and that hour is the hour Jesus spoke of when He said, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified...." Confusion is destroyed by a perfect view of the one time, once for all sacrifice of God's spotless Lamb.

Babylon says, "I sit a queen and AM NO WIDOW." In other words, she has not seen the death of her first husband that would make her a widow (that's the cross~we were there with Him), the old man (Romans 6). She is not free to marry another, even Him who was raised) because she doesn't know what happened to her first husband and cannot, by the law, commit adultery. She's really in a fix. She still has the first husband's pictures on the wall and his slippers beside the bed. She looks at him, the man of the flesh, all day long instead of viewing what happened to him. Because her first husband is dead (but she doesn't know it) and she is not free to marry another (because she still sees herself married and not loosed from the law of her first husband~the law of sin and death), she is miserable and misery loves company. She gets her company by subtle lies....lies that sound like God but aren't. These lies are along the magnitude of the one told in the garden that deceived Eve. She deceives the nations and gets the kings of the earth (we are kings and priests unto God) to mix with her but chapter eighteen declares her fall, hallelujah, in that one hour.

Rizpah (2 Samuel 3~means "live coal" or what is left after a sacrifice is consumed) spreads out sackcloth (repentance) on a rock (that's the foundation who is Christ) and beholds the hanging of seven sons (seven is the number of perfection). She beholds a perfect sacrifice until it begins to rain. God says, "I will come as the rain" and "Seek the Lord while He may yet be found, till He come and rain righteousness upon you." Then Elijah's says, "I hear the sound of the abundance of rain" and sends his servant up into a mountain (God's inheritance is always in a mountain) seven (perfection) times to look and on the seventh time he sees a cloud (clouds bring the rain or what is in the heavens to the earth) in the shape of a man's hand rising up (that's an ascendion) out of the sea. The hand of God is the five-fold ministry~the apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher~given for the perfecting or maturing of the saints (Eph.4).

James says that the husbandman waits patiently for the former and latter rain to bring forth the precious fruit of the earth and Isaiah says, "As the rain comes down and the snow from heaven and returns not thither but waters the earth and causes it to bring forth and bud, so shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth. It shall not return to Me void but shall prosper in what I sent it to do." God Word was Jesus and Jesus came and watered the earth by laying His life down in the garden. He sowed His whole life in that garden and then was lifted up in the heat of the day and judged as every man in Adam. Then He went into the heart of the earth and, on the third day, was brought forth as the firstfruits of the harvest (the tithe of God), having been given His life back. He did not return to Father God void but came with His own blood having purchased eternal redemption. He prospered in what God sent Him to do. Now a five-fold ministry is declaring His righteousness to a people who will yet be born, that He has done this. By declaring His righteousness, the former and latter rain are being given in its season and not only is there new fruit (new believers) but the fruit that already is is being matured.

Babylon is not a natural place like Rome or Iran or Jerusalem. We are to rightly divide the Word of Truth and the dividing line between the old and new covenants is the cross. Everything that is natural in the old covenant must be brought to and through the cross. So, if you have a natural lamb in the old, you must bring it to and through the cross and ask yourself, "Who's the Lamb?" That natural place called "Babylon" must be brought to and through the cross to find its fulfillment. Natural Babylon is brought to the cross where the natural was nailed and dealt with. It's not a natural covenant anymore. God keeps His side even when we don't. His covenant is with His Son and we are in His Son. To not keep His covenant with those who are in Christ would be to not keep His covenant with His Son. We are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. He cannot deny Himself and He abideth faithful. The book of Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave unto HIM (Jesus) to show unto His servants those things which must shortly come to pass. Why did God have to give Jesus a revelation of Himself? Because He had so identified with fallen humanity He didn't even know who He was without Father God revealing it to Him. If you get anything out of the book of Revelation but Christ and Him crucified, then it is not God. Through the pen of Paul by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Father God said, "I am determined to know nothing among you save Jesus Christ and Him crucified." God said (inspired) that first, not Paul. Paul penned it by inspiration. Father God desires we know nothing but Christ and Him crucified and that is what we must see in every book of the Bible for they all testify of Him (John 5:39). The ostrich buries its head in the earth but the eagle soars in the heavens. If we would see our old head (Adam...who we used to be) dead and buried in the person of Christ, we would fly high above the earth.. It's not about over. It's just beginning and it began when the body of Christ began to mature through the preaching of the Gospel. I believe God will have what He said....a glorious church in the earth fully manifesting the Head, who is Christ. :D :x:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idied2
Greetings in Christ Jesus,

She is the mother of all harlots.

She is not only institutionalized religion. She is also the fantasy of vanity we live in.

She is everything not Jesus. That is why in Revealtion 14 the 2 witness are called virgins to Christ. They are not whoring around with mystery babylon.

Just my humble opinion. 

Peace,

Dave

This humble opinion is right on.

IN christ jesus :hug: :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I like the view of Babylon being Hollywood, as far as film wise, great interpetation.

But, I have a problem with the part of being destroyed in one hour.

The film industry is world wide. Not just Hollywood lol. Even if Hollywood was destroyed in an hour. Which isnt hard to do. there is still New York and every city out there in the entire world. Other countries have there own media and it is much worst than Hollywood lol, at least so far. The movies still remains. The tapes, The CDs etc. My belief is that it is Bablylon located about 50-60 miles north of Bagdad. I believe that now that Saddam is out of the way, that it has potential to become this great Power. It has the Oil to be rich, and also has the way to be a great international trade center. But I believe only time will tell. The part about America being Babylon the martyrs are just not here. We would have to get much worst than what we are today. And I dont rules that out either. My Problem is why would he say Babylon if He didnt mean babylon? John new what and where Babylon is.

I have heard many different and good interpetations on this. And I Praise God that He makes it so interesting for us. If we knew all the answers, Life would be boring.

I like the film Idea cause it does have everthing in it that it says. Just the destruction part of it seems unlikley. The view of the EU now thats one to look in to. The new Roman Empire seems like the puzzle is being put together as we speak. Keep an eye on Iraq I have a feeling we are going to see much come from there also. God is Good I love you all In Christ Jesus.

Guest idied2

And why would a false prophet ever get a seat in hollywood. hollywood film making has nothing to do with GOD at all that they would be ruled by a false prophet.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: