IGNORED

Help!

Guest forgiven2

Guest forgiven2

I just want to know when the nightmares and flashbacks will go away. I try not to think about it, but things I see, smell, and even touch are bringing these God awful memories back to me. I am beginning to think I have an outer sign that says abuse me on it. How dumb can I be? I am so tired of being hurt by people, so I try to lean more on the Lord, but I think He is even holding me away because I don't feel close to him as I once did. I know I did the moving and it will take time to get back into the circle of God, and I know I need to be more patient. But the longer I wait, the worse I am getting. I really cannot tell anyone everything that has happened in my short miserable life, but I don't want to continue down this path. I started self mutilation once, and believe it or not it seemed to help with the pain inside. I don't think anyone really understands unless they have been there. Again, I know it is horribly wrong. I just don't know. So, when will the nightmares go away? Can anyone tell me? If anyone has any answers please e-mail me at lgripton@yahoo.com

thanks

Edited by forgiven2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I do not know when the nightmares will go away, but my wife and I will keep you in our prayers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

I will keep you in my prayers.I use to ands still do have nighmares and flashbacks I have for a few years now but they have slowed down and are not as bad.Yours will stop being so bad to if you give it to God.My flashbacks and nightmares may never end but I know that they are not as bad as they was and I got God to lean on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

forgiven, I don't know what your nightmares are about, or what all you have done to create them, or where, but it sounds to me like you really need some christian councling. Email might get some penpals started, but from the state you describe you really need some professional help.

When I prayed about it this is what came back to me, I will keep you in my prayers, but you need to talk and I don't mean through email but face to face with someone who fully understands the problems..

Sam

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I just want to know when the nightmares and flashbacks will go away.  I try not to think about it, but things I see, smell, and even touch are bringing these God awful memories back to me.  I am beginning to think I have an outer sign that says abuse me on it.  How dumb can I be?  I am so tired of being hurt by people, so I try to lean more on the Lord, but I think He is even holding me away because I don't feel close to him as I once did.  I know I did the moving and it will take time to get back into the circle of God, and I know I need to be more patient.  But the longer I wait, the worse I am getting.  I really cannot tell anyone everything that has happened in my short miserable life, but I don't want to continue down this path.  I started self mutilation once, and believe it or not it seemed to help with the pain inside.  I don't think anyone really understands unless they have been there. Again, I know it is horribly wrong.  I just don't know.  So, when will the nightmares go away?  Can anyone tell me? If anyone has any answers please e-mail me at lgripton@yahoo.com

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgiven,

This is what I responded to you on a previous post:

I would be glad to help you. I was in my early thirties when God began surfacing all the hurts of my past and I began the healing journey - that was 20+ years ago. I'm no expert, mind you, but I can testify that I have gone the journey and have come out on the good end and the memories no longer haunt me. So, healing is possible. Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me at sjlove@infoave.net and we can begin working together towards your healing.

This is what you responded back to me:

I really don't know what I am doing here, or how to operate in this chat room. I appreciate your reply, but am so afraid of trusting in anyone and getting hurt yet again. I know I can't handle any more hurt. If my family finds out what I am doing, it would hurt them. I think I will just keep these problems to myself. I am so sorry for taking up your time. It is safer this way for everyone. Thanks again.

I'm a little confused now by another post from you seeking help. Have you changed your mind? If so, my offer still stands. I know what you are going through because I have been there, and God has brought me through on the other side safe and sound and healed. Let me know if you want my help.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

(After reading your thread AND Christ's Free Servant's post) :emot-cheering: ~~ Forgiven, I have post traumatic stress disorder. I totally understand the sights, sounds, smells and nightmares that throw your world into turmoil. BUT... I know that God wants to bring you to a wholeness in him and it breaks my heart that you will have to go through the pain to get there. I didn't want to hurt my family, when I started remembering things through counseling. For years all the hurt and abuse that I went through was "MY" normal. I thought everyone lived like us. I did dangerous things, self mutilation, burning things around the house, things that God has supernaturally erased from my memory. I don't know the plan God has for you or why God allows us to go through these kinds of things, but I DO know that he is a big God and he loves you. PLEASE, continue to seek help. We will pray for your strength in him to prevail. What can you do?????????? Don't allow yourself to be alone with your thoughts. Listen to Christian music, read your Bible, ALOUD, read devotionals and seek HIM.

I feel led to pray for you right now! To make it easier, since I don't know if you're male or female, I will refer to you as a female in my prayer.

Father God,

Thank you so much for this young person. Thank you, Lord, that you have impressed upon her heart to seek you in a bigger way. Lord, I ask, in Jesus' name that you hedge her in. I come to you on her behalf. I ask, Father that you bind the enemy from harming her in ANY way. Protect her by binding her mind, body and soul to that of Christ. Bind her feet to the righteousness of Christ and the work of the Cross with all of its mercy, grace, love and forgiveness.

Lord, I loose every old, wrong and unglodly pattern of thinking, belief and behavior from her and Lord, together with her brothers and sisters in Christ we tear down and destroy every stronghold associated with these things. We WILL claim Victory, Lord.

I loose the power of lies, deception and blindness to you, from her by the enemy. Lord allow the healing goodness of you just to envelope every inch of her. The enemy works in darkness, so Lord shine your perfect light on anything that comes against her. Satan has no influence over her, in Jesus' name, because she is yours! Your Word tells us that when we resist the devil, he must flee. Thank you for that promise. HE MUST FLEE! HE HAS NO POWER! HE IS A LIAR AND WE STOMP ON HIS HEAD.

Together, Father, we bind and loose these things in Jesus' name, AMEN!

And, to all that read these posts... don't just be hearers of the word, but be doers of HIS WORD. Pray!

Blessings, to all! -- Sisterchick

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

Forgiven,

It is a difficult position to be in--that of having been hurt and not knowing who you can turn to or trust in to help you deal with pain and fear it is causing in your life. Add to that the inability for any of us to fully grasp what you are experiencing emotionally and spiritually, it makes for a difficult situation as we do our best to help. None of us can claim to have been in the exact same place that you are in now, or to be experiencing the exact same feelings of pain, fear, doubt, heartache and lonilness. Yet be encouraged in that many of us know what those are, having experienced them ourselves (maybe not the same pain or fear or doubts, but pains and fears and doubts none the less), and many of us have overcome those obstacles in our lives. And hopefully we can encourage and challenge you, support you and help guide you.

One of the things you said is this:

I am so tired of being hurt by people, so I try to lean more on the Lord, but I think He is even holding me away because I don't feel close to him as I once did. I know I did the moving and it will take time to get back into the circle of God, and I know I need to be more patient

Please understand this: God will not hold you at an arms length. If you are a Child of God, having surrendered yourself to Him, admitting and repenting of your sin and trusting in His grace through Christ, nothing will keep Him from you--even if you run, He will follow after you because He loves you, and you are His. And as you said, it is you who did the moving away--yet even if you ran a thousand miles, it is only a step to be close to Him again--to turn and give it all to Him.

It is that simple. Yet sadly, and many of us have been there, its difficult to do. We are fearful and doubtful that God will accept us back, or that the problem will go away. We resist it because we feel we have to do something more in order to turn back, to 'enter into the circle of God.'

As for the nightmares... may they be fearfilled sleeping dreams or may they be painful memories and flashbacks when you are awake, know this: Christ came to renew us, and in Him is the power to daily renew our mind and spirit (Titus 3:5, Romans 12:1-2). In Christ you can seek renewal and healing of your mind, and find freedom from those nightmares that haunt you. Also, ask God for spiritual protection, as such things, when constant, can be spiritual oppression from Satan.

In saying that (the aspect of spiritual oppression), I want to encourage you to take this to heart. It is Revelation 12:10-11

"11: Now has come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser (Satan) of our brothers, who accuses them before God day and night, has been hurled down. 12: They overcame him (Satan) through the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives as to shrink back from death." (emphises mine)

This passage of scripture speaks about us as Christians. It is the 'they' that is refered to. You can take this verse and read it 'And We overcame Satan...' It means that we, as Christians, have victory over Satan. How? Through Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to abolish sin, and who rose from the grave to abolish death, and through our testimony, which is our account of our salvation (not the long story of what we've dealt with in life and how God helped us in the end, but how, in our accepting Christ, we have been set free from our past lives of sin). When Satan comes against us, either in nightmares, or by bringing up our fears and doubts, or in dragging up our past and causing us to feel unworthy as a Christian, we have the autority to resist him (read James 4:7-10) and to remind him that he does not have the right or authority to bring those things against us because we are made pure through Christ Jesus and we are His childern, and our pasts, with our sins, and with our abuses and hurts, is seperated from us. Essentially, when Satan oppresses us, we can tell Him to shove it!

This is not to say we will never be completely free from the scares left by those wounds we suffered... because if that happened, I don't think I would have anything to offer you...

My prayers are with you. I know I wrote alot, and I hope you take time to read it and dwell on it, as with what others have to share here. I hope we can encourage and help you as you seek your way back to Him....

agape--->

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Forgiven,

This is what I responded to you on a previous post:

I would be glad to help you. I was in my early thirties when God began surfacing all the hurts of my past and I began the healing journey - that was 20+ years ago. I'm no expert, mind you, but I can testify that I have gone the journey and have come out on the good end and the memories no longer haunt me. So, healing is possible. Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me at sjlove@infoave.net and we can begin working together towards your healing.

This is what you responded back to me:

I really don't know what I am doing here, or how to operate in this chat room. I appreciate your reply, but am so afraid of trusting in anyone and getting hurt yet again. I know I can't handle any more hurt. If my family finds out what I am doing, it would hurt them. I think I will just keep these problems to myself. I am so sorry for taking up your time. It is safer this way for everyone. Thanks again.

I'm a little confused now by another post from you seeking help. Have you changed your mind? If so, my offer still stands. I know what you are going through because I have been there, and God has brought me through on the other side safe and sound and healed. Let me know if you want my help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think what she is saying, is that she NEEDS and WANTS help.......but is worried that she will get hurt again.

I have had simular problems.:)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I think what she is saying, is that she NEEDS and WANTS help.......but is worried that she will get hurt again.

I have had simular problems.:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, me, too!! It is very difficult to trust, and I've been hurt bunches - 55 yrs worth!! But, God is so good. Our trust needs to be in him and we have to leave the people to the Lord. I've been down a long, difficult path and I know what she is feeling, too. And, I can't guarantee her that others will not hurt her or betray her trust, but I can guarantee that God will never leave her or forsake her and that his loving arms will always be there for her to run to and she need not be afraid. I was reading this in my QT this morning. I needed to be reminded of this this morning:

PSALM 56:

Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me;

all day long they press their attack.

2 My slanderers pursue me all day long;

many are attacking me in their pride.

3 When I am afraid,

I will trust in you.

4 In God, whose word I praise,

in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

What can mortal man do to me?

5 All day long they twist my words;

they are always plotting to harm me.

6 They conspire, they lurk,

they watch my steps,

eager to take my life.

7 On no account let them escape;

in your anger, O God, bring down the nations.

8 Record my lament;

list my tears on your scroll

Guest forgiven2

I have had simular problems.:24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, me, too!! It is very difficult to trust, and I've been hurt bunches - 55 yrs worth!! But, God is so good. Our trust needs to be in him and we have to leave the people to the Lord. I've been down a long, difficult path and I know what she is feeling, too. And, I can't guarantee her that others will not hurt her or betray her trust, but I can guarantee that God will never leave her or forsake her and that his loving arms will always be there for her to run to and she need not be afraid. I was reading this in my QT this morning. I needed to be reminded of this this morning:

PSALM 56:

Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me;

all day long they press their attack.

2 My slanderers pursue me all day long;

many are attacking me in their pride.

3 When I am afraid,

I will trust in you.

4 In God, whose word I praise,

in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

What can mortal man do to me?

5 All day long they twist my words;

they are always plotting to harm me.

6 They conspire, they lurk,

they watch my steps,

eager to take my life.

7 On no account let them escape;

in your anger, O God, bring down the nations.

8 Record my lament;

list my tears on your scroll