R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Many people after reading Matt 24:29-30 take conclusion that the Rapture will happen after the SUN IS DARKENED in the Tribulation.

Matt 24 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

Its not true, how can people work in the field if the sun is already darkened ?
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
People work in the field/agriculture during DAYlight (the sun still shines) so when Jesus appear on the cloud to gather his elect the sun will still be shining.

Because the word "immediately after the tribulation" refer to the darkening of the sun in verse 29, NOT REFERRING TO VERSE 30.

Lets see the original greek version :

https://biblehub.com/text/matthew/24-29.htm

Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation =eutheos de meta  ten  thlipsin (in greek)
meta was translated as after but meta also mean "with" in english,
In fact meta was translated as "WITH" much more often in the new Testament.
so the more appropriate translation should read
immedately WITH the  tribulation

Matt 24:30 And then will appear = koi tote phanesetai (in greek)
tote was translated as then but tote also mean "at the time" (at the end of times).
so the more correct translation of Matt 24:30 should read : At the time (the end of times) will appear the sign.....
This explain that rapture shall take place at the end of times and not necessarily after the darkening of the sun in the great tribulation.

The saints will not be wearing their best suite and tie to welcome Jesus as nobody knows precisely when it shall take place. Some will even sleep in the bed. Who would want to work in the field if the sun is already darkened by the 4th trumpet ? After one third of the trees n all green grass hv been burnt n massive heat n smoke cover the world ? Water source is poisoned by wormwood ? Mega tsunami strike the land all over the world which drown one third of the ship n locusts released to torture people in open air ?

There will be hardly any crop from the land any longer n the people will rob anything by all means, which means there will be no sharing but brutal looting door to door. People may become cannibals as death bodies will be abundant. Thats why the foolish virgins screamed "Lord Lord...take us in", "I know you not".

People work in the fiield when the sun still shines :

working.jpg

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

Why that scenario when there is another explanation?

We don't know when Jesus will arrive. Truth

We know neither the day nor the hour. Truth

We don't know when the sign of His coming will occur. Truth

Lives will be lived right up to the moment of the sign of the Coming of the Son of Man. Truth

Therefore people will be going about their day and be caught wherever they happen to be when the signs occur and the sun goes dark; then Jesus appears immediately after the signs.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  0

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE 

Deuteronomy 32:14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.

Deuteronomy 32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

Deuteronomy 32:16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.

Deuteronomy 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

Deuteronomy 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Deuteronomy 32:19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Deuteronomy 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Deuteronomy 32:23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.

Deuteronomy 32:24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

Deuteronomy 32:25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.

Deuteronomy 32:26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

Deuteronomy 32:27 Were it not that I feared the wrath of the enemy, lest their adversaries should behave themselves strangely, and lest they should say, Our hand is high, and the LORD hath not done all this.

Deuteronomy 32:28 For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them.

Deuteronomy 32:29 O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!

Deuteronomy 32:30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.

Deuteronomy 32:32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter:

Deuteronomy 32:33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

Deuteronomy 32:34 Is not this laid up in store with me, and sealed up among my treasures?

Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Deuteronomy 32:36 For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, R. Hartono said:
Many people after reading Matt 24:29-30 take conclusion that the Rapture will happen after the SUN IS DARKENED in the Tribulation.

Matt 24 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

Its not true, how can people work in the field if the sun is already darkened ?
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
People work in the field/agriculture during DAYlight (the sun still shines) so when Jesus appear on the cloud to gather his elect the sun will still be shining.

Because the word "immediately after the tribulation" refer to the darkening of the sun in verse 29, NOT REFERRING TO VERSE 30.

Lets see the original greek version :

https://biblehub.com/text/matthew/24-29.htm

Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation =eutheos de meta  ten  thlipsin (in greek)
meta was translated as after but meta also mean "with" in english,
In fact meta was translated as "WITH" much more often in the new Testament.
so the more appropriate translation should read
immedately WITH the  tribulation

Matt 24:30 And then will appear = koi tote phanesetai (in greek)
tote was translated as then but tote also mean "at the time" (at the end of times).
so the more correct translation of Matt 24:30 should read : At the time (the end of times) will appear the sign.....
This explain that rapture shall take place at the end of times and not necessarily after the great tribulation.

The saints will not be wearing their best suite and tie to welcome Jesus as nobody knows precisely when it shall take place. Some will even sleep in the bed. Who would want to work in the field if the sun is already darkened ?

Peter-Robbins-photo-3-768x504.png

We don't know what the conditions will be in our world when the rapture of the Church occurs. Night or day. cold or hot. 

• Well Said! 1

• R. Hartono changed the title to The misleading translation n interpretation of Matthew 24 : 29-30
  • 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 2/26/2021 at 3:34 AM, R. Hartono said:

"Many" being posttribbers.  What percent of today's believers believe in a posttrib rapture? I think a minority. 

Pretribbers do NOT form a conclusion that the the angels sent to gather the elect is Paul's rapture. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

can people actually agree on what the tribulation time is.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, other one said:

can people actually agree on what the tribulation time is.

Sure, when it's all over.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey might be nothing but just taking what you said " Jesus appear on the cloud to gather his elect the sun will still be shining."

Yet whats written is "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet". Where is He appearing in the clouds? Well one has angels the other does not :)

I once heard John Paul Jackson say when talking about this subject. He said he was post BUT...if Jesus comes pre "I'm ready now" haha always loved that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have a question:       how long will the sun be darkened.    

How long after that is it that Jesus actually comes.   Immediate or long enough time for people to return to work....    or can people work in the dark.   We used to haul hay all night a lot.  Much cooler then.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 2/26/2021 at 4:34 AM, R. Hartono said:

This is the end. there are no more fields, its time for the new heaven and new earth

2 peter 3

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and [c]its works will be [d]discovered.

11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,