• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

"THE PARABLE OF THE WEEDS"

Folks, I want to take us a little bit deeper into the picture that the Lord has painted for us in this parable. We can all see that the weeds are allowed to grow up with the wheat, and that they will be the first to be bundled. We all know too, that the Lord has allowed evil men and even demonic spirits to be around His believers as this still holds true, even in our day. That's as plain as day to everyone, but that is only what you see on the surface, when you view this parable with only a human understanding.

We know that Jesus taught in parables so that only the wise would be able to see the way, and so that those who don't love the truth will not be able to understand. He has made it so that the wolves must come through the door, just as we have. And we know that Jesus is the door, and the only way to enter into heaven. Many people claim that they believe, but there is more to believing than just saying the words. So before we begin, allow me to point out a few things that are widely misunderstood today, even by believers. It should help us unlock the hidden spiritual meaning in this parable.

The Bible says that the righteous must live by faith, and not by sight. It also makes the claim that, "faith without works is dead." Does this mean that we must work our way to heaven? No, no, heavens no. But it does mean that we must act on the faith that we say we have. Could you imagine what would have happened if Noah only said that he believed God was going to send the flood, and didn't act on the commands that were given to him by God? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he would have perished with everyone else in that flood if he failed to act. But if he really did believe, then he would have to build that ark that the world thought was so ridiculous. It was his act of believing and then obeying God that revealed his faith, and because he acted on his faith, God declared him righteous and Noah was saved.

Well we know that Noah did the foolish sounding thing that God asked him to do, and because he did, you and I are here today going through our own test, and believe me, we will be tested if we believe. All of the great men of the Bible were tested in some way or another. We must be righteous in God's sight to get to the Promised Land. And the righteous must live by faith. We are declared righteous when we have faith and obey what He commands, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. Lets face it, we all look like fools in the eyes of the world. And that's a good thing!!

James 2:18-24 - "But someone will say,