• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Nice try DE,

But all of these old geesers are dead. Daniel prophesied that knowledge would be increased at the time of the end, not several centuries before the end, when men were still travelling by horseback. And it appears that most of these individuals are preterists (meaning they were clueless). :suspect:

I hope you don't expect anyone to read those posts all the way thru. And I wonder if it's even possible to do, without nodding off somewhere in the middle of each post. :sleep:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings RollinTHUNDER,

Nice try DE,

But all of these old geesers are dead. Daniel prophesied that knowledge would be increased at the time of the end, not several centuries before the end, when men were still travelling by horseback. And it appears that most of these individuals are preterists (meaning they were clueless). 

I hope you don't expect anyone to read those posts all the way thru. And I wonder if it's even possible to do, without nodding off somewhere in the middle of each post.

I posted these specifically for LadyC, but anyone could reply. I don't understand why you think the "old geesers" cannot still contribute. I am reaching that age when I could also be called an "old geeser", and have been by my youngest daughter.

My intent is to dispel the myth of the pre-trib and we are told plainly that in the last days, men would no longer listen to sound doctrine. This pre-trib rapture business is easily refuted, but the pre-tribs have itchy ears and will only listen to those who are willing to scratch them. It is unfortunate that you feel that way. We can learn a lot from our "elders in the faith". Peter and Paul are also DEAD, but they STILL speak volumes.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

I don't understand why you think the "old geesers" cannot still contribute. I am reaching that age when I could also be called an "old geeser", and have been by my youngest daughter.

No offense intended DE,

By "old geesers," I wasn't referring to anyone that is still living. But these guys you have quoted have been dead for 2 or 3 hundred years already. I'm no longer a spring chicken myself, but I doubt if any remains could be found of the guys you quoted. I'm not saying that we can't learn from our ancestors, but I believe the knowledge they had of the endtimes would be lacking. I believe the scriptures are clear, and the little knowledge they had will be increased greatly in these last days. Man has come a very, very long way in just the last century.

Greetings rollingTHUNDER,

By "old geesers," I wasn't referring to anyone that is still living. But these guys you have quoted have been dead for 2 or 3 hundred years already. I'm no longer a spring chicken myself, but I doubt if any remains could be found of the guys you quoted. I'm not saying that we can't learn from our ancestors, but I believe the knowledge they had of the endtimes would be lacking. I believe the scriptures are clear, and the little knowledge they had will be increased greatly in these last days. Man has come a very, very long way in just the last century.

Well, you can take it from an "old geeser" (58) that when I was young I drew close to those who would scratch my "itching ears". I did not want to hear of all the BAD things, the TRIBULATION, the perils, of my life in Christ. All I wanted to do is "claim" all the "good things" that are promised us in Christ. Well I've grown a bit since then and have learned that trials and tribulations bring about a Godly sorrow and repentence of one's sins. These are "necessary" for the "perfection of the saints". Paul went so far as to say:

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Don't get me wrong, I never listened to those OLD DEAD AND GONE GEESERS, I studied the scriptures to see if what I was hearing from the pulpit was true. But I have learned there are actually very few who continue in the faith as was once given to our earlier church fathers. As I have studied the scriptures, I learned some time ago that it has only been in pretty recent days that men have "departed from the truth of the Gospel message". Those men I have quoted from, had it right for the most part. They are well worth listening to. Their words contain considerably LESS heresy than those preaching today. As I have shown, the "greater consensus" of the Old Geesers are pretty much consistant with one another. AND surprisingly enough, as I have studied, the more I see I can rely on much, if not most, of what THEY say.

You would also be wise to listen to them.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

You would also be wise to listen to them.

Yeah, and the media is reporting that they believe water is on mars, maybe you would be wise enough to take a trip and find out for us. :blink:

Guest LCPGUY

DadE,

You know you ACCUSED me of being a follower of men. Not a truth seeker. A heretic. Someone that never read the scriptures. All kinds of unkind names. But then, you're not alone as other post-tribbers have too. I really liked the one that said "you are a hater of truth".

Well Brother, you seem to be quotin' an awful lot of men here. Does that mean you're a heretic and follower of mere men too? Or does it mean you just know the "right" men. Please explain. Why's it's OK for you, but not me? Real curious Bro.

Frankly, I'll take the old men of the Bible, including Jesus.

That's why I'm pre-trib.

God bless you Dad. I really do love you :il:

In Him,

John

Greetings Lcpguy,

You know you ACCUSED me of being a follower of men. Not a truth seeker. A heretic. Someone that never read the scriptures. All kinds of unkind names. But then, you're not alone as other post-tribbers have too. I really liked the one that said "you are a hater of truth".

Well Brother, you seem to be quotin' an awful lot of men here. Does that mean you're a heretic and follower of mere men too? Or does it mean you just know the "right" men. Please explain. Why's it's OK for you, but not me? Real curious Bro.

In case you missed it, I never learned from any of the men I have quoted. These quotes come from the computer Bible program E-Sword, a FREE Bible, that has more reference tools that one could use in a lifetime. I used them to demonstrate that a consensus of published commentators/expositors interpret the scriptures more correctly than many on this board do. There IS wisdom in a multitude of counselors, if only some of you would listen.

I have actively pursued a reasonable dialogue with you and others to demonstrate the lie of the pre-trib doctrine, yet you ignore my efforts and continue to be blind. It seems to me that you fall into that category of those in the end days that will no longer listen to "sound doctrine."

However, if you wish to dialogue, I am available, as long as you are willing to do so in a friendly manner and using appropriate scripture to support your contentions.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest LCPGUY

Zhav,

Could you shorten that up a bit a just make your point in plain english in a couple of sentences or a paragraph or two? You know, many new folks here love to come in, post four thousand pages of something, then leave.

Please summarize your point and THEN post the references.

Anyway, WELCOME.

Brother John