• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/13/2017 at 7:29 AM, inchrist said:

No Jerusalem is not nuked....you have a very active imagination.

You sound like an atheist the first time a Christian tells him a rapture is coming when the dead will be resurrected from the graves and those alive in Christ will be caught up into the air. His reaction is "you have very active imagination." But it's in the bible. You just have to understand it.

In a nuclear blast, heat will reach 20 million degrees fahrenheit, hotter than even the sun. Winds will reach 600 mph. Everything in it's path will instantly vaporise turning into ashes and be blow away, and mountains will melt. 

Not one stone in all of Jerusalem will be left on top of another after the nuclear bomb hits. 

Zechariah 14:12 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

12 But the Lord will punish the nations that fought against Jerusalem. He will send a terrible disease against them. Their skin will begin to rot while the people are still alive. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Ezekiel 22:17-22 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

17 The word of the Lord came to me. He said, 18 “Son of man, bronze, iron, lead, and tin are important metals, but when a worker melts silver to make it pure, those metals are poured off as waste. Israel has become like that waste to me. 19 So this is what the Lord God says: ‘All of you have become like worthless waste. So I will gather you into Jerusalem. 20 Workers put silver, bronze, iron, lead, and tin into a fire. They blow on the fire to make it hotter. Then the metals begin to melt. In the same way I will put you in my fire and melt you. That fire is my hot anger. 21 I will put you in my fire of anger and blow on it, and you will begin to melt. 22 In that city, you will be like silver melting in a fire. Then you will know that I am the Lord, and that I poured out my anger on you.’”

Amos 9:8 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

The Lord God is watching this sinful kingdom.
The Lord says,
“I will wipe Israel off the face of the earth,
    but I will never completely destroy Jacob’s family.

Isaiah 29:1-8 Good News Translation (GNT)

29 God's altar, Jerusalem itself, is doomed! The city where David camped is doomed! Let another year or two come and go, with its feasts and festivals, and then God will bring disaster on the city that is called “God's altar.” There will be weeping and wailing, and the whole city will be like an altar covered with blood. God will attack the city, surround it, and besiege it. Jerusalem will be like a ghost struggling to speak from under the ground, a muffled voice coming from the dust.

Jerusalem, all the foreigners who attack you will be blown away like dust, and their terrifying armies will fly away like straw. Suddenly and unexpectedly the Lord Almighty will rescue you with violent thunderstorms and earthquakes. He will send windstorms and raging fire; then all the armies of the nations attacking the city of God's altar, all their weapons and equipment—everything—will vanish like a dream, like something imagined in the night. All the nations that assemble to attack Jerusalem will be like a starving person who dreams he is eating and wakes up hungry, or like someone dying of thirst who dreams he is drinking and wakes with a dry throat.

Micah 1:1-5 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

During the time that Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah were kings of Judah, the word of the Lord came to Micah. Micah was from Moresheth. He saw these visions about Samaria and Jerusalem.

Listen, all you people!
    Earth and everyone on it, listen!
The Lord God will be a witness against you.
    The Lord will come from his holy temple.
See, the Lord is leaving his place
    to come down and walk on the high places of the earth.
The mountains will melt under him
    like wax in a fire.
The valleys will break apart
    and slide like water rushing down a hill.
This will happen because of Jacob’s sin,
    because of the sins of the nation of Israel.

What caused Jacob to sin?
    It was Samaria.
Where is the high place in Judah?
    It is Jerusalem.

Psalm 97:5 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

The mountains melt like wax before the Lord,
    before the Lord of all the earth.

Micah 3:12 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

12 Leaders, because of you, Zion will be destroyed.
    It will become a plowed field.
Jerusalem will become a pile of rocks.
    Temple Mount will be an empty hill overgrown with bushes.

Isaiah 64:9-11 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

Lord, don’t continue to be angry with us!
    Don’t remember our sins forever!
Please, look at us!
    We are all your people.
10 Your holy cities are as empty as the desert.
    Zion has become a desert.
    Jerusalem is destroyed.
11 Our ancestors worshiped you in our holy Temple.
    That wonderful Temple has now been burned.
    All our precious possessions have been destroyed.

Jeremiah 25:29 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

29 I am already making these bad things happen to Jerusalem, the city that is called by my name. Maybe you people think that you will not be punished, but you are wrong. You will be punished! I am giving the command for war to come against all the people of the earth.’” This message is from the Lord.

Jeremiah 26:18 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

18 They said, “Micah the prophet was from the city of Moresheth. He was a prophet during the time that Hezekiah was king of Judah. Micah said this to all the people of Judah: ‘This is what the Lord All-Powerful says:

Zion will be destroyed.
    It will become a plowed field.
Jerusalem will become a pile of rocks.
    Temple Mount will be an empty hill overgrown with bushes.’

Jeremiah 7:34 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

34 I will bring an end to the sounds of joy and happiness in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. There will be no more sounds of the bride and bridegroom in Judah or Jerusalem. The land will become an empty desert.”

Ezekiel 5:8-13 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

So the Lord God says, “So now, even I am against you! I will punish you while those other people watch.I will do things to you that I have never done before. And I will never do those terrible things again, because you did so many terrible things. 10 People in Jerusalem will be so hungry that parents will eat their own children, and children will eat their own parents. I will punish you in many ways, and those who are left alive, I will scatter to the winds.”

11 The Lord God says, “Jerusalem, I promise by my life that I will punish you! I promise that I will punish you, because you did terrible things to my Holy Place. You did horrible things that made it dirty. I will punish you. I will not show any mercy or feel sorry for you. 12 A third of your people will die inside the city from diseases and hunger. Another third will die in battle outside the city. And then I will pull out my sword and chase the last third of your people into faraway countries. 13 Only then will I stop being angry with your people. I will know that they have been punished for the bad things they did to me. They will know that I am the Lord and that I spoke to them because of my strong love for them!”

Lamentations 1-5

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Lamentations+1-5&version=NKJV;ERV

Just like the days of Lot when Lot had to flee the city before it was destroy with fire from above, Christ tells those in Judea during the Abomination of Desolation to flee for there will be great tribulation such as the world has never seen and unless the days are shorten, no flesh would be saved. That fire from above that will come down upon Jerusalem is a nuclear bomb. 

It's not gonna be Iran who will drop the bomb on Jerusalem but after Iran gets the bomb, what country do you think they would love to nuke?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 8/14/2017 at 4:29 AM, Psalms37:4 said:

Temper temper! You seem to get upset pretty easily here friend. If researching prophecy on a spread sheet and translating the original Greek is a sensitive topic to you, why do you bring it up in a debate? Were you not expecting me asking you why? Were you expected a sugar coated reply instead?

Being so sensitive, you better brace yourself for what I'm about to reveal to you ahead.

Shalom, Psalm37:4.

I just find it ludicrous how often you get me wrongly. Actually, I didn't mention the spreadsheet method of harmonizing the Greek texts for YOUR benefit at all. I figured that anyone reading along could try it for themselves. I already KNEW you wouldn't because you're a nay-sayer. That's your choice ... and your loss.

Oh really!? Did you bother to carefully examine the first verse to see who Jesus was talking to? Those talking to Him were the rich, not His disciples. Read all of Luke 21, His disciples is never mentioned anywhere. And this conversation took place in the treasury within the temple, not the Mount of Olives several miles away. "Strike one!"

Luke 21:1-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury

and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. 

So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all;

for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.”

Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said,

“These things which you see—the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down.”

So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”

(Sigh. Baseball allegories.) Yes, really, of COURSE I did. For verses 1 through 4, HOWEVER, He had pretty well silenced the rich by what He said about the widow with her two coppers and GENEROUS giving. Besides, you're only ASSUMING that Yeshua` was speaking to them when He said, "Truly I say to you..."!

Did it ever occur to you that a person couldn't adorn the Temple proper with their gifts? They could only embellish the additional buildings that King Herod built! If they had tried to embellish the Temple proper, they would have been struck as dead as the man who reached out his hand to steady the ark that was being carted back to the Tabernacle in David's day! That's why they had made a "treasury" (an "owtsaar") at least by Joshua`s time! They were already on their way out of the Temple! In fact, even the Temple treasury was not in the Temple proper! Did YOU ever think to look into the contexts of the other accounts?

Mark 12:41-13:2
41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.
42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them,
Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
2 And Jesus answering said unto him,
 Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down....
KJV

I don't know where your head's at but you better read Luke 21:7 carefully. I underlined it in red for you. It said "they" asked Him not "he" asked Him.  Strike two!

Luke 21:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”

You also might want to read other parts of the bible, the religious leaders do address Jesus as teacher. That's strike three! And as Bill Clinton use to say "Three strike and you're out!"

Matthew 12:38 New King James Version (NKJV)

38 Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.”

Matthew 22:34-36 New King James Version (NKJV)

34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

Matthew 22:15-16 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. 16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.

Matthew 22:23-24 New King James Version (NKJV)

23 The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him, 24 saying: “Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother.

Matthew 8:19 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, “Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.”

Just out of curiosity I wanna ask you this question. How is it you're so certain Luke 21:20-24 was fulfilled in 70 AD when you can't even grasp the first 7 verses of Luke 21?

Whether the P'rushiym and the Ts'duwqiym (Pharisees and Sadducees) and the Torah copiers called Him "Teacher" or not, He can only be one's true Teacher if that one is TEACHABLE! (Kinda like THIS conversation we've been having.)

They may have called Yeshua` "Teacher" snidely, but then so did His disciples in earnest - His students who followed their Teacher wherever He went. You DO know that this is what "disciple" means, right? Other Greek teachers had had disciples just like our Lord had. They were students who lived and stayed with their teachers or mentors until such time as the teacher or mentor thought they were taught enough to be  teachers themselves. Aristotle was such a teacher as were Plato and Socrates.

Edited by George
Removed Youngster comment -- Unnecessary

So what other teachings of partial preterism have I missed?

Preterism is the eschatological view that the “end times” prophecies of the Bible have already been fulfilled. So, when we read what the Bible says about the tribulation, we are reading history. Preterism is divided into two camps: full (or consistent) preterism and partial preterism. Full preterism takes an extreme view that all prophecy in the Bible has been fulfilled in one way or another. Partial preterists take a more moderate approach, and many partial preterists consider full preterists to be guilty of heresy.

Those who hold to partial preterism believe that the prophecies in Daniel, Matthew 24, and Revelation (with the exception of the last two or three chapters) have already been fulfilled and were fulfilled no later than the first century AD. According to partial preterism, there is no rapture, and passages describing the tribulation and the Antichrist are actually referring to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 and the Roman emperor Titus. Partial preterists do believe in the return of Christ to earth and a future resurrection and judgment, but they do not teach a millennial kingdom or that Israel as a nation has a place in God’s future plan. According to partial preterists, the Bible’s references to “the last days” are speaking of the last days of the Old Jewish Covenant, not the last days of the earth itself.

In order for partial preterists to maintain their position, they insist that the book of Revelation was written early (before AD 70). They must also use an inconsistent hermeneutic when interpreting prophetic passages. According to the preterist view of the end times, chapters 6—18 of Revelation are highly symbolic, not describing any literal events. Since the destruction of Jerusalem did not involve the wholesale destruction of sea life (Revelation 16:3) or agonizing darkness (verse 10), these judgments are interpreted by the preterist as purely allegorical. However, according to preterists, chapter 19 is to be understood literally—Jesus Christ will physically return. But chapter 20 is again interpreted allegorically by preterists, while chapters 21—22 are understood literally, at least in part, in that there will truly be a new heaven and new earth.

No one denies that Revelation contains amazing and sometimes confusing visions. No one denies that Revelation describes many things figuratively—that’s the nature of apocalyptic literature. However, to arbitrarily deny the literal nature of select portions of Revelation is to destroy the basis of interpreting any of the book literally. If the plagues, witnesses, beast, false prophet, millennial kingdom, etc., are all allegorical, then on what basis do we claim that the second coming of Christ and the new earth are literal? That is the failure of preterism—it leaves the interpretation of Revelation to the opinions of the interpreter.

Those who hold to partial preterism also do not read Matthew 24 in a literal sense. Christ spoke of the destruction of the temple (Matthew 24:2). But much of what He described did not occur in AD 70. Christ speaks of that future time as one of “great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened” (Matthew 24:21–22). Surely, this cannot be applied to the events of AD 70. There have been worse times in the history of the world since then.

The Lord also says, “Immediately after the distress of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory” (Matthew 24:29–30). In order for the events of these two verses to have already occurred, Jesus Christ must have returned bodily in AD 70—but He did not. The partial preterist believes that these verses do not refer to a bodily return of Christ but to an appearing of His judgment. However, this is not what a normal, literal reading of the text would lead anyone to believe. It is the “Son of Man” whom people see, not just His judgment.

Partial preterists also appeal to Matthew 24:34 where Jesus speaks of “this generation.” They say that Christ was referring to those living at the time He spoke the words recorded in that chapter; thus, the tribulation had to occur within about 40 years of His statement. However, we believe that Jesus was not referring to the people of His day but to the generation who would witness the events recorded in Matthew 24:15–31. That future generation will witness all of the swiftly moving events of the last days, including Christ’s bodily return (verses 29–30).

The partial preterist viewpoint leads to a belief in amillenialism (or post-millenialism) and is associated with covenant theology. Of course, it rejects dispensationalism. But its main problem is its inconsistent hermeneutic and its allegorizing of many biblical prophecies that are better understood literally. While partial preterism is within the scope of orthodoxy, it is not the majority view among Christians today.

https://www.gotquestions.org/partial-preterism.html

Edited by George
Removed from this post - who is or who is not a Christian based on prophetical eschatology -- Please don't call someone who disagrees with you as from the "Father of Lies."

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed personal attacks and rebuttals to those personal attacks.  Let's stay on topic.  Thanks!  God bless,

George

a

Edited by Psalms37:4

On 8/15/2017 at 12:58 PM, inchrist said:

But the Lord will punish the nations that fought against Jerusalem

It says punish the nations not blow up Jerusalem.

Zech 12 refutes your delusions

On that day I will make the clans of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume all the surrounding peoples right and left, but Jerusalem will remain intactin her place.

7 “The Lord will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem’s inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah.8 On that day the Lord will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblestamong them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the angel of the Lord going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.

Ezekiel 22:17-22

Has to do with the events around initial raids of Nebuchadnezzar and the state of Judah who ended up killing some of her own countrymen.

Has nothing to do with Nuclear bombs.

Amos 9

All the sinners among my people
    will die by the sword,

Not nuclear bombs

Jerusalem, all the foreigners who attack you will be blown away like dust, and their terrifying armies will fly away like straw. Suddenly and unexpectedly

Armageddon, not Jerusalem.

Isaiah 64:9-11 

Historical context

Isaiah 56-66 after Cyrus of Persia gave the Jewish exiles permission to return to Jerusalem and to rebuild the temple.

Isaiah 63:7 – 64:12.

Events leading up to building the second temple

The city and temple lay in ruins, and their neighbors made rebuilding difficult.  

This prayer of lament begins by recounting “the loving kindnesses of God” (63:7).  The prophet speaks of “all that God has bestowed on us” (63:7) and “in his love and in his pity he redeemed them” (63:9).

Then he mentions their rebellion, which caused God to become “their enemy” (63:10) in the first place.

In other words its a recap of history of why they find themselves in the position they are in.

Jeremiah 25:29

No mention of a nuclear attack on Jerusalem

Jeremiah 26:18

Is regarding King Nebuchadnezzar and the armies of Babylon. Chapter 26 jeremiah is urging Judah to submit to babylon.

chapter 27, the prophet continued to urge the people to submit to Babylon.

Cahpter 28

The false prophet Hananiah contradicted Jeremiah’s words.  Hanaiah was to die two months later

Chapter 29

Jeremiah prophesied that God would bring the exiles back to Jerusalem.

Jeremiah chapter 7

again we find you ripping the verses out of their historical context. Jeremiah 7 again related to the impending doom on the first temple.

12 But the Lord will punish the nations that fought against Jerusalem. He will send a terrible disease against them. Their skin will begin to rot while the people are still alive. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Zech.jpg

ATOMIC BOMBS IN THE BIBLE

Millions will die when nuclear weapons are used against Israel’s enemies, Russia, and the United States

“And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their eye sockets, and their tongues shall consume away in their mouth … And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the donkey, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.’ Zechariah 14:12,15

http://www.apostolicchristianfaith.com/single-post/2016/10/21/ATOMIC-BOMBS-IN-THE-BIBLE

The Nuclear Prophecy (Zechariah 14:12)

Indeed, it is only in the nuclear era that we can truly understand the prophecy from Zechariah which describes a gruesome death with these words, “his flesh will waste away while he still stands on his feet; his eyes will waste away in their sockets, and his tongue shall waste away in his mouth.” (Zechariah 14:12)

http://andrewtheprophet.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-nuclear-prophecy-zechariah-1412.html

That’s right! It’s right there in your Bible. This world is headed straight for, not one, but two nuclear wars!

By Irvin Baxter

Two Nuclear Wars Ahead

Does the Bible really prophesy two nuclear wars for the times ahead? The prophecy in Zechariah 14 details events that will occur in the world’s last war, Armageddon. Verse 12 unmistakably teaches that nuclear weapons will be used in this last battle:

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

https://www.endtime.com/endtime-magazine-articles/2-nuclear-wars/

What happens biologically to the human body in the moment it's being vaporized by a nuclear explosion?

Then comes the thermal flash. It first sets your clothes (assuming you wear any) and your body hair on fire, after which (assuming you're facing the blast) it will meld your gelatinous eyeballs. The heat will then strip of layer after layer of your skin and flesh. By now the pressure will rupture your eardrums (ouch!) and your lungs. The water in your body will begin to boil and evaporate. Your other bodily fluids follow suit, depending on their boiling points. This will cause your brain to be boiled (although only briefly). as your bodily fluids evaporate, your body fat will begin to meld and then catch fire. Once you have been stripped to the bare skeleton, that too will begin to decay but this process will (technically) not be completed as the oncoming shock wave will scatter it after which the heat will still degrade what is left of your bones.

The vaporization would occur so quickly that the person would simply cease to exist. The nervous system that sends pain signals to your brain would be gone quicker than it could get a signal to your brain, telling you to feel pain.
The fastest recorded signal that the nervous system has sent was clocked at 120 m/s, while the fireball expands at a rate of ~ 200 m/s. 

It would be akin to flicking a light switch, one moment you're there, the next you're gone.

This would all happen the moment the nuclear device was detonated. The heat that would vaporize you travels at the speed of light.

You quite literally would not know what hit you.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-biologically-to-the-human-body-in-the-moment-its-being-vaporized-by-a-nuclear-explosion

Isaiah 29:1-8 Good News Translation (GNT)

29 God's altar, Jerusalem itself, is doomed! The city where David camped is doomed! Let another year or two come and go, with its feasts and festivals, and then God will bring disaster on the city that is called “God's altar.” There will be weeping and wailing, and the whole city will be like an altar covered with blood. God will attack the city, surround it, and besiege it. Jerusalem will be like a ghost struggling to speak from under the ground, a muffled voice coming from the dust.

Jerusalem, all the foreigners who attack you will be blown away like dust, and their terrifying armies will fly away like straw. Suddenly and unexpectedly the Lord Almighty will rescue you with violent thunderstorms and earthquakes. He will send windstorms and raging fire; then all the armies of the nations attacking the city of God's altar, all their weapons and equipment—everything—will vanish like a dream, like something imagined in the night. All the nations that assemble to attack Jerusalem will be like a starving person who dreams he is eating and wakes up hungry, or like someone dying of thirst who dreams he is drinking and wakes with a dry throat.

Ezekiel 22:17-22 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

17 The word of the Lord came to me. He said, 18 “Son of man, bronze, iron, lead, and tin are important metals, but when a worker melts silver to make it pure, those metals are poured off as waste. Israel has become like that waste to me. 19 So this is what the Lord God says: ‘All of you have become like worthless waste. So I will gather you into Jerusalem. 20 Workers put silver, bronze, iron, lead, and tin into a fire. They blow on the fire to make it hotter. Then the metals begin to melt. In the same way I will put you in my fire and melt you. That fire is my hot anger. 21 I will put you in my fire of anger and blow on it, and you will begin to melt. 22 In that city, you will be like silver melting in a fire. Then you will know that I am the Lord, and that I poured out my anger on you.’”

The Atomic Bomb- What happens in a Nuclear Explosion

Immediate Effects on an Urban Center

from a 20 Megaton Bomb Detonation

Ground Zero

• Within one hundredth of a second, a fireball would envelope
everything within two miles.

• Temperatures rise to 20 million degrees Fahrenheit
(comparable to the inside of the sun) during the detonation,
cooling rapidly as the fireball forms. After a minute, no
significant amount of heat is given off.
  • Everything at ground zero is vaporized

2-4 miles from ground zero

• Air pressure reaches 25 psi and wind speed reaches 650 mph.

http://www.globalnuclearcontaminationwatch.com/nuclear-radiation-info/the-atomic-bomb/

Temperature reaching 20 million degrees fahrenheit, hotter than the surface of the sun. Wind speed reaching +600 mph. Within a 5 mile radius in all directions, everything in it's path will instantly vaporize turning into ashes and be blown away in under a second. 

God's enemies that attack Jerusalem within the city will all be destroyed suddenly and unexpectedly (Isaiah 29:5). Outside the city, those far enough away will experience a great panic when they hear the loud boom, feel the trembling (a great quake), and see the giant mushroom cloud over Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14:12-13 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.

13 It shall come to pass in that day
That a great panic from the Lord will be among them.
Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor,
And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;

Jeremiah 30:4-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now these are the words that the Lord spoke concerning Israel and Judah.

“For thus says the Lord:

‘We have heard a voice of trembling,
Of fear, and not of peace.

Ask now, and see,
Whether a man is ever in labor with child?
So why do I see every man with his hands on his loins
Like a woman in labor,
And all faces turned pale?

7 Alas! For that day is great,
So that none is like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble,
But he shall be saved out of it.

bomb.jpg

Outside the city, those far enough away will experience a great panic when they hear the loud boom, feel the trembling (a great quake), and see the giant mushroom cloud over Jerusalem. This is what will happen at the Abomination of Desolation as Christ compared it to the days of Lot when fire came from the sky and destroyed the city. This is how the time of Jacob's Trouble begin at the middle of the tribulation when Jerusalem gets nuked.

Matthew 24:15-22 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

17 hours ago, inchrist said:

Has nothing to do with Nuclear bombs.

Amos 9

All the sinners among my people
    will die by the sword,

Not nuclear bombs

One third of the worlds population is not gonna die by swords.

Revelation 9:18 New King James Version (NKJV)

18 By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.

20 hours ago, inchrist said:

Lets see

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,

Versus 

Yes, you read correctly, it's not about the kingdoms on earth

Versus scripture

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,

Versus 

it's not about the kingdoms on earth

Versus

the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah

Yip you slammed dunked that one too. Sigh*

No, the kingdom this refers to is in heaven, not on earth.

~ Where are the 24 elders, in heaven or on earth? Why are they thanking God? Rev 11:16-17

~ God's servants: the prophets and the saints to be rewarded is being held where? Where is the Bema Seat held at? Heaven or earth? Rev 11:18

~ Where is the temple of God in heaven? in heaven or on earth? Rev 11:19

~ Where is the war in heaven being fought between Michael and satan, in heaven or on earth? Rev 12:7

~ Those who are rejoicing in heaven because satan has been kicked out of heaven are where, in heaven or on earth? Rev 12:12

Revelation 11:15-12:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” 16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
The One who is and who was and who is to come,
Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,

And those who fear Your name, small and great,
And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

12 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.

And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ is the heaven above, not the kingdom on earth....yet. The kingdoms on earth abides in Christ after He puts all powers and authorities at His feet during the millennium. 

1 Corinthians 15:24-25 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

The 7th trumpet is a prophecy about satan getting kick out of heaven permanently, no longer able to influence, deceive and accuse the authorities in God's presence.

19 hours ago, inchrist said:

You face palming something you have no cooking clue about......I bet you dont even know what this phrase means “The Day That No Man Knows!” 

It means the rapture is Pre-Trib.

He's telling to you no one knows because the rapture will happen at a time when people will be conducting business as usual: normal daily routine activities, eating, drinking and marrying and not expecting Christ's return. But once you're in the tribulation, everyone will know Christ is returning very soon. 

Matthew 24:37-39 New Living Translation (NLT)

37 “When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. 38 In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat.39 People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.

The rapture is given as a second parable in Matthew 24:32-51. Notice how He even starts of by saying "now learn this parable." The first parable from Matthew 24:3-31 is about the second coming. Two different parables for two stages of His coming.

Matthew 24:32-44 New King James Version (NKJV)

32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

He's telling you that Day knows no man because the rapture happens at a time when no one expects it to happen. But once you're in the tribulation and see all hell break loose all over the world, you know Christ is returning soon. 

The season, day and hour of the second coming is already given in the bible. Acts tells us Christ returns in like matter. Christ ascended to heaven in Spring, He'll return in Spring. Christ ascended to heaven at 6:PM, He'll return and His feet touches the Mount of Olives at 6:PM. The day can be calculate from Daniel 12 once you see the AoD. 

But there's nothing given on the day and hour of the rapture. That Day knows no man, not even Christ. God won't tell Christ because Christ reveals everything He knows to His disciples. If Christ knew the day and hour, some of us would too.

Zechariah 14:4-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.

Thus the Lord my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
It shall be one day
Which is known to the Lord
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.

The evening hour is 6:PM when His feet touches the Mount of Olives.

Hosea 6:1-3 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

“Come, let’s go back to the Lord.
    He hurt us, but he will heal us.
    He wounded us, but he will put bandages on us.
After two days he will bring us back to life.
    He will raise us up on the third day.
    Then we can live near him.
Let’s learn about the Lord.
    Let’s try very hard to know him.
We know he is coming,
    just as we know the dawn is coming.
He will come to us like the rain,
    like the spring rain
that waters the ground.”

The season of the second coming is in Spring, same season He ascended into heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 8/13/2017 at 5:11 AM, Psalms37:4 said:

This doesn't exactly answer the question. I was asking you how did Martha knew about the great white throne judgment since John didn't reveal it till 60 years later in the book of Revelation. You just confirmed what she already knew. However, many Jews also knew, even the thief on the cross that died with Christ knew about the last day.

Greetings PS 37:4

I never said nor assume that she knew anything except what is stated in the text which is very important.  The dead will be raised on the last day.  I like the quotation that you sited, John 5:24-29

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Notice that it is at the same time that those in the grave hear His voice.  Both are raised at this time, one to life and the other to damnation.  This is now the time of the rapture.  Rapture must be preceded by this resurrection.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:11 AM, Psalms37:4 said:

The last day He spoke of throughout John 6 is the day He died on the cross: His last day.

Jesus death and resurrection ushered in the last days but it is not the last day.