• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

15 "Behold, I come as a thief. BlessedĀ isĀ he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Is this the second coming? If not where?

Hi Retro

Do you believe perhaps that second coming is here: Rev. 14:15-Ā And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

AND here: Rev. 19:1-Ā And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

That's how I see it. It is shown more than once.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Uriah,

Not sure what you want me to say about that. We are told that the city descends to near the earth. It will have God the Father and the Son`s authority and power (throne) there and be the interlocking of the spiritual and physical realms. Those given authority there will rule over Israel on the earth.

Note the city descends, but God`s seat of power and the Son`s seat of power do not move to below where the angels are or even where Lucifer was a kingpriest. The Lord Jesus Christ in His glorified body has His authority & power (symbol of throne) in the highest realm and will rule every realm under the Father.

regards, Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

That's a little far-fetched, according to the Scriptures. Go back to Gavri'el's words in Luke 1:

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.Ā 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.Ā 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:Ā 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

And, again, look at Yeshua`s own words:

Luke 19:11-27 (KJV)

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.Ā 12 He said therefore,

"A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.Ā 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,

"'Occupy till I come.'

14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying,

"'We will not have thisĀ manĀ to reign over us!'

Ā 15 "And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.Ā 16 Then came the first, saying,

"'Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.'

17 "And he said unto him,

"'Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.'

18 "And the second came, saying,

"'Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.'

19 "And he said likewise to him,

"'Be thou also over five cities.'

20 "And another came, saying,

"'Lord, behold,Ā here isĀ thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:Ā 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.'

22 "And he saith unto him,

"'Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee,Ā thouĀ wicked servant!Ā Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:Ā 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury (interest)?'

24 "And he said unto them that stood by,

"'Take from him the pound, and giveĀ itĀ to him that hath ten pounds!'Ā 

25 "(And they said unto him,

"'Lord, he hath ten pounds!')Ā 

26 "'For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.Ā 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slayĀ themĀ before me!'"

This takes place when Yeshua` RETURNS to this earth!Ā You don't think Yeshua` was "mistaken," do you?

What about Matthew 25?

Matthew 25:31-46 (KJV)

31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory (in His brightness), and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:Ā 32 And before him shall be gathered all nationsĀ (not "individuals"): and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd dividethĀ hisĀ sheep from the goats:Ā 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,

"'Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:Ā 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:Ā 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.'

37 "Then shall the righteous answer him, saying,

"'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fedĀ thee? or thirsty, and gaveĀ theeĀ drink?Ā 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and tookĀ theeĀ in? or naked, and clothedĀ thee?Ā 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?'

40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them,

"'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have doneĀ itĀ unto one of the least of these my brethren (i.e., the children of Israel, particularly the Jews), ye have doneĀ itĀ unto me.'

41 "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,

"'Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:Ā 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:Ā 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not!'

44 "Then shall they also answer him, saying,

"'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?'

45 "Then shall he answer them, saying,

"'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye didĀ itĀ not to one of the least of these, ye didĀ itĀ not to me.'

46 "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

Was Yeshua` "wrong" about this prophecy?

Please re-think your idea of Yeshua`s Kingdom.

1 hour ago, Uriah said:

Is this the second coming? If not where?

Shabbat shalom, Uriah.

No, Revelation 16:15-16 is NOT the Second Coming. The Second Coming is in Revelation 11:

Revelation 11:15-19 (KJV)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven (loud voices in the sky), saying,

"The kingdoms of this world are becomeĀ the kingdomsĀ of our Lord (God), and of his Christ (His Messiah/Anointed/Representative-King); and he shall reign for ever and ever."Ā (I.e., He HAS returned!)

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped (bowed to)Ā God,Ā 17 Saying,

"We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.Ā 18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven (in the sky), and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

It's always amazed me that something so direct could be so misunderstood.

Revelation 16:15 is Yeshua` warning those summoned unbiddingly to the Battle at Har-Megiddown (Tel-Megiddo) that He will steal their clothes and battle gear before they go to war to keep them from doing what they KNOW INSTINCTIVELY they should not do.

1 hour ago, Uriah said:

Hi Retro

Do you believe perhaps that second coming is here: Rev. 14:15-Ā And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

AND here: Rev. 19:1-Ā And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

That's how I see it. It is shown more than once.

You're not far off the mark.Ā The order of events is...

The Return (Second Coming) - Revelation 11
The Resurrection - Revelation 14:14-16
The Rapture (Taking His own to the Middle East) - Revelation 14:14-16
The Vengeance and Cleansing of the Messiah's Land - Revelation 18-19

They are events that are usually thought of as a single event, but this all takes time to accomplish.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hi Marilyn

Rev 21:3- Behold, the tabernacle of GodĀ isĀ with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them,Ā and beĀ their God.

John 12:26-Ā and where I am, there shall also my servant be

This seems to clearly be something other than "omnipresence". Because one could say, "He is with me" even now, there is a difference in these passages. What makes the, "highest realm", the highest realm?Ā  And why would we not be allowed there? Consider an example that may help. Because of confusion in the past, changes had to be made in how air traffic controllers would understand which plane is "air force one". During repairs etc, the pres. would aboard another plane. The decision was made that whenever he flew on a plane- THAT PLANE became "air force one". Therefore when God is with men in the New Jerusalem, which the scripture shows, that city IS the highest realm.

Ā 

Hi Uriah,

`Heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool.` (Isa. 66: 1)

`...the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down OUT OF HEAVEN FROM GOD.`Ā  (Rev. 21: 2)

regards, Marilyn.

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Uriah,

`Heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool.` (Isa. 66: 1)

`...the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down OUT OF HEAVEN FROM GOD.`Ā  (Rev. 21: 2)

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn

Thanks for that. It clears it up for me, we are seeing it differently and I respect that. I don't go into "Lilliputian" mode.

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Uriah.

No, Revelation 16:15-16 is NOT the Second Coming. The Second Coming is in Revelation 11:

Revelation 11:15-19 (KJV)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven (loud voices in the sky), saying,

"The kingdoms of this world are becomeĀ the kingdomsĀ of our Lord (God), and of his Christ (His Messiah/Anointed/Representative-King); and he shall reign for ever and ever."Ā (I.e., He HAS returned!)

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped (bowed to)Ā God,Ā 17 Saying,

"We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.Ā 18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven (in the sky), and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

It's always amazed me that something so direct could be so misunderstood.

Revelation 16:15 is Yeshua` warning those summoned unbiddingly to the Battle at Har-Megiddown (Tel-Megiddo) that He will steal their clothes and battle gear before they go to war to keep them from doing what they KNOW INSTINCTIVELY they should not do.

You're not far off the mark.Ā The order of events is...

The Return (Second Coming) - Revelation 11
The Resurrection - Revelation 14:14-16
The Rapture (Taking His own to the Middle East) - Revelation 14:14-16
The Vengeance and Cleansing of the Messiah's Land - Revelation 18-19

They are events that are usually thought of as a single event, but this all takes time to accomplish.

Hi Retro

So then what is your version of Rev 19? Is Jesus is seen defeating the armies at Armageddon?

Also you should not specifically that in ch. 11 we have, "the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."Ā 

THAT is perfect evidence of-resurrection! One might say,"It's always amazed me that something so direct could be so misunderstood." So it is in THIS chapter as well. And so as taught by Paul in 1 Cor. 15, there is no separation between rapture and resurrection. They happen at the same time.

Chapter 14:14-16 of Rev. says nothing about the middle East. (Iraq, maybe? Egypt?)

Rev. 19Ā  starts with people in the air having just been raptured and shouting praises to God.

Ā 

Edited by Uriah
clarity (underlined)

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

I believe God`s word tells us that the glorified Son of God will have His throne, His seat of authority and power in the highest realm, over all, (yet under the Father).

regards, Marilyn.

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Where do you get this interpretation?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Marilyn.

Where do you get this interpretation?

Hi Retro,

I said -I ļ»æbelieve God`s word tells us that the ļ»æglorified Son of God will have His throne, His seat of authority and power in the highest realm, over all, (yet under the Father). ļ»æ ļ»æ

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me ON MY THRONE, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

`...seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, FAR ABOVEĀ  ALL principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also IN THAT WHICH IS TO COME, and put ALL THINGS UNDER HIS FEET...` (Eph. 1: 20 -22)

`Then when all things as made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.` (1 Cor. 15: 28)

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

I said -I ļ»æbelieve God`s word tells us that the ļ»æglorified Son of God will have His throne, His seat of authority and power in the highest realm, over all, (yet under the Father). ļ»æ ļ»æ

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me ON MY THRONE, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

`...seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, FAR ABOVEĀ  ALL principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also IN THAT WHICH IS TO COME, and put ALL THINGS UNDER HIS FEET...` (Eph. 1: 20 -22)

`Then when all things as made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.` (1 Cor. 15: 28)

regards, Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

THANK YOU. Now, we can begin to correct this issue.

First of all, don't take things to the extreme. When you "universalize" things, you DISTORT them from the truths as they are presented in the Scriptures you hold so dear!

Second, consult the ENTIRE context of a single passage of Scripture!

Third and also very important, learn to use the CORRECT definitions for words we commonly use in Christian circles!

Contrary to the opinions of many, there's a good reason why Yeshua` called Himself at most "the Son of God." Yeshua` is shown in the Gospels to be praying to His Father, whom He calls "Father" and addresses as "God."

Also, one should note that the Greek word often translated "heaven" in the New Testament is "ouranos":

Now, follow the reasoning carefully here:

3772 ouranos (oo-ran-os').Ā Perhaps from the same asĀ orosĀ (through the idea of elevation); the sky; by extension, heaven (as the abode of God); by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel (Christianity) -- air, heaven(-ly), sky.

It's best to use the word as Yeshua` Himself used the word:

Matthew 16:1-4 (KJV)

1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven (Greek: ek tou ouranou = "out of-the sky"). 2 He answered and said unto them,

"When it is evening, ye say,Ā It will beĀ fair weather: for the sky (Greek: hoĀ ouranos = "the sky")Ā is red.Ā 3 And in the morning,Ā It will beĀ foul weather to day: for the sky (Greek: ho ouranos = "the sky") is red and lowring. OĀ ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky (Greek: to ... prosooponĀ tou ouranou = "the face of-the sky"); but can ye notĀ discernĀ the signs of the times?Ā 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas."

And he left them, and departed.

As said above, Yeshua` doesn't have an "omni-body," that is, an "omnipresent body." This is why the Scriptures say that He went away but would return as the disciples saw Him leave:

Acts 1:6-11 (KJV)

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying,

"Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

7 And he said unto them,

"It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.Ā 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.Ā 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven (Greek: eis ton ouranon = "into the sky") as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;Ā 11 Which also said,

"Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven (Greek: eis ton ouranon = "into the sky")? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven (Greek: eis ton ouranon = "into the sky"), shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heavenĀ (Greek: eis ton ouranon = "into the sky")."

And, for all the wording that Yeshua` would be with us "in spirit," that is, "in attitude" and through the presence of the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) of God,Ā He is NOT with us bodily, yet,Ā as the Scriptures promise us He SHALL BE.

John 14 is a tricky chapter that we must master if we are to get our theology correct. Let's look at it:

John 14:1-31 (KJV)

1 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.Ā 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: ifĀ it wereĀ notĀ so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.Ā 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am,Ā thereĀ ye may be also.Ā 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know."

Notice here, that Yeshua` (Jesus) never says that He will take us to His Father's house. Many (particularly pretribulational and pre-wrath rapturists)Ā ASSUME that is what He means, but that is merely an ASSUMPTION that the text does NOT support. Remember: "To ASSUME makes a [DONKEY] out of U and ME." He says instead, "I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." At that time, He's BACK! He did NOT say He was leaving again and taking us with Him, after that!

5 Thomas saith unto him,

"Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus saith unto him,

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.Ā 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."

Here, Yeshua` is saying that He and His Father are ON THE SAME PAGE. This is crucial to remember for HisĀ statements to follow. To believe in the Trinity (or rather, the Tri-Unity), it's very important to keep the Persons separate when reading Scripture, regardless how much you feel they are One. Know Who does what!

8 Philip saith unto him,

"Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us (it is sufficient for us)."

9 Jesus saith unto him,

"Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thouĀ then, Shew us the Father?Ā 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.Ā 11 Believe me that IĀ amĀ in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.Ā 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greaterĀ worksĀ than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.Ā 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.Ā 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will doĀ it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;Ā 17 EvenĀ the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.Ā 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.Ā 20 At that day ye shall know that IĀ amĀ in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.Ā 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot (not the Y'hudah from Keriot),

"Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?"

23 Jesus answered and said unto him,

"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.Ā 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, beingĀ yetĀ present with you.Ā 26 But the Comforter,Ā which isĀ the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name (on my behalf), he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.Ā 28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and comeĀ againĀ unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I (am).Ā 29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.Ā 30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.Ā 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do.

Arise, let us go hence."

Children are often told that "Jesus comes into your heart" when one is saved. This is quite confusing to a child. It's also INACCURATE (which is WHY it is so confusing)! Notice that Yeshua` said "I go away" and "I shall come again unto you!" This is NOT something that is fulfilled right away; it shall be fulfilled when Yeshua` the Messiah physically,Ā bodilyĀ returns! In fact, Yeshua` also said, "my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." This is also not something done immediately; it shall be done in the FUTURE after the Messiah has returned! It's a statement that reflects Revelation 21:1-7!

In Revelation 3:21, one should look at the context and at the Greek wording:

2362 thronos (thron'-os).Ā From thraoo (to sit); a stately seat ("throne"); by implication, power or (concretely) a potentate -- seat, throne.

The NAS Exhaustive Concordance adds, "probably from thranos (bench)"

Revelation 3:14-22 (KJV)

14 And unto the angel (messenger; pastor)Ā of the church of the Laodiceans write;

These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.Ā 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.Ā 17Ā Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:Ā 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, andĀ thatĀ the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.Ā 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.Ā 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.Ā 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne (Greek: doosoo autoo kathisai met' emou en too thronoo mou = "I-will-give to-him to-sit with me in the throne of-me"), even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne (Greek: ekathisa meta tou Patros mou en too thronoo autou = "I-sat-down with the Father of-me in the throne of-him").Ā 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Each one of these "letters" to the churches of Asia end with a statement that is also made later in Revelation:

1. Ephesus -Ā Ā "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." (1:7)Ā 

Revelation 22:2 (KJV)

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river,Ā was thereĀ the tree of life, which bare twelveĀ manner offruits,Ā andĀ yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the treeĀ wereĀ for the healing of the nations.

2. Smyrna - "He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." (2:11)

Revelation 20:4-6 (KJV)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: andĀ I sawĀ the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receivedĀ hisĀ mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.Ā 5 (But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.) ThisĀ isĀ the first resurrection.Ā 6 Blessed and holyĀ isĀ he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 21:8 (KJV)

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

3. Pergamos - "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receivethĀ it." (2:17)

Revelation 13:8 (KJV)

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

4. Thyatira - "he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:Ā And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.Ā And I will give him the morning star." (2:26-28)

Revelation 12:5 (KJV)

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, andĀ to his throne.

Revelation 15:4 (KJV)

4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? forĀ thouĀ onlyĀ artĀ holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Revelation 22:3-6Ā (KJV)

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:Ā 4 And they shall see his face; and his nameĀ shall beĀ in their foreheads.Ā 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

6 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David,Ā andĀ the bright and morning star."

5. Sardis - "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." (3:5)

Revelation 19:7-8 (KJV)

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.Ā 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

6. Philadelphia - "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God,Ā which isĀ new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: andĀ I will write upon himĀ my new name." (3:12)

Revelation 21:2-3 (KJV)

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.Ā 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,

"Behold, the tabernacle of GodĀ isĀ with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them,Ā and beĀ their God."

7. Laodicea - "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." (3:21)

Revelation 20:4-6 (KJV)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: andĀ I sawĀ the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receivedĀ hisĀ mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.Ā 5 (But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.) ThisĀ isĀ the first resurrection.Ā 6 Blessed and holyĀ isĀ he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

That's enough for tonight. I'll write more on the other two passages of Scripture you quoted.

• Thumbs Up 1