• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Hello brothers and sisters,

Since the forums got a little jumbled, I decided to go ahead and start a few new threads. This thread is the defense of the post-trib rapture theological position.

Why do you believe in a post trib rapture?

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Here is an excellent link to a post-trip rapture treatise. It is lenghty but a thought-provoking read.

(Personally, I have not come to a conclusion about this yet, am still studying it from all sides).

http://www.endtimesnetwork.com/question.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shadow2b

WeLLLLLLLLl my brother------ i kind-a- think matt.24. should settle the rapture { post trib.}

JESUS EXplains it quite conclusively ,at least for me it's clear & plain......matt.24.vs.29--- states -----

IMMEDIATELY AFTER--------this time of great trouble occurs BEFORE JESUS comes back & BEFORE

any type of catchingUP,catching away,rapture,gathering to-------the way i have ALWAYS understood the rapture is the way our pastor was teaching us & I have always pictured in my mind is ;-- I see the dead {in CHRIST} rising from the grave & as they begin to rise in the air WE the living { JOIN} them in the air & WE ALL rise to meet the LORD & IMMEDIATELY HE & ALL OF US SLOWLY descend back to the earth--- THIS could only mean the 1,000yr. reign of JESUS & our helping to rule over the nations------

I realize the pre & mid. theory state that JESUS comes AS a thief in the night to {rapture HIS BRIDE}

& this is where JESUS feet doNOT touch the mount of Olives BUT this theory is so flawed & requires a

great MISUNderstanding & twisting of the scriptures.......JESUS comes as a thief in the night ONLY to those that {areNOT} watching for,looking for, EXpecting HIS REturn,the UNsaved......I hope i haveNOT confused anyone-------SURE hope we get some MORE & better EXplainations than this one--:upsided:

GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTHSEEKERS------------ { Gary}--- :alien: :baa: :bg: :bright:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I just don't see any truth in thr pre-trib rapture in scripture. I believe the church age actually ends the moment Jesus descends from heaven.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I've noticed with some of the pre-trib doctrines that the rapture seems to be some sort of a "secret" coming of Christ, coming to take His bride out of here before the Great Tribulation comes down.

Then His second coming in all His glory. This seems to imply that He will come twice, once secretly and once in full view. Which is difficult to support scripturally as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi Zeb, I have to agree with your summation of events and that the pre-tribbers are having their ears tickled. This is one of the verses from the word that, to me antway, seems to prove that the saints do in fact go through the period of tribulation.

It is from the 13th chapter of rev. KJV. v.7. and it was given unto him[beast] to make war with the saints, and to overcome them; and power was given to him over all kindred, and tongues, and nations.

Okay that one verse, to me, says a lot. e.g. How can the a/c make war against the saints if they have been secretely been raptured beforehand.

Then some of the pre-tribbers say that only the mature saints are raptured first then the rest are taken later, which suggests two second comings, which is totally ubscriptual.

Well that's my viewpoint anyway.

Have a great day in the Lord....eric

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

This is supposed to be a defence of post trib....... yet all i really see is a speculation on the pretrib.....

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Matthew 24 and Daniel 12 sum up the post trib rapture.

I used to think on pre-trib doctrine but then saw that this is stretching it

then I seen a lot for Mid-trib rapture and really put my hope in this for this is going to be a terrible time on the earth (The tribulation)

but then a verse in revelation was brought to me and after really looking at it, how could it be anything but post

Rev 20:4-5

"And I saw thrones, and they that sat upon them; and judgement and I saw the souls of them who were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither recieved the mark upon thier Foreheads, or in thier hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

Dig in guys, it looks as if we will experience the tribulation, although I believe that God will protect us and supernaturally feed us, seeing as we will not be able to buy or sell or even rent an apartment for that matter.

We will pull together as a body and some will be put to death, but what could be better than to be out of this world and be present with God.

God says "Blessed and Holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection" verse 6

We are a special people, living in a special time, we will see and experience things no one has ever before experienced. Paul says to encourage each other with this (Being part of the first resurrection).

God will never leave us or forsake us, He will be there for us.

Thats my opinion of the tribulation rapture, and I am open to others, but it sure looks as if based on this passage of scripture that it will be post trib.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jthreesixteen

Wow...I need to print off all of this stuff & read it, like...the old-fasioned way!

I was always taught post-trib! The church goes thru the trib...then the Lord comes back! That return IS the rapture....

That was the teaching back then...(in the 70's...Penticostal). I don't rmember any discussion about any other thougths on the matter.

Then as i got older....the pre-trib ideas started to take over. Not sure what happened, the Word didn't change!

I am not any more crazy about going thru the trib than anyone else...but the fact of the matter is...if you don't have Jesus...you ain't goin' anyway! If you have Jesus...to die is gain!

In any case...I think we are close to the trib...so i suppose we'll be finding out! :P