• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

I commend you Dr. Luke,

Very well put! Great description.

"LUKEWARM"?????

But now I ask, was Jesus speaking to the saved in Rev., or "the church"? Because I don't believe what was described, was "His Bride". Which would be in alignment with what RT is conveying, not all of the church, is the bride.... There is some cleaning up to do.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Good post Dr Luke!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Sorry Dr Luke,

I have to say that I strongly believe that those people were never born again and that it is a church who does not really preach the gospel.

If they deny the power of God, do you really believe they are Christians?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

"LUKEWARM"?????

But now I ask, was Jesus speaking to the saved in Rev., or "the church"?

Hi Suzanne,

Great question!! I think you can move a mountain with that one, or at least a small hill. :lightbulb:

And the answer is just as good too.

Rev.1:1-2 - "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

This was to the believers in the seven churches that were nurtured by the disciples.

Rev.2:19-23 - " I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. (20) Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. (21) And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. (22) Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. (23) And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Chapter 2 shows some of the servants being cast into great tribulation, while chapter 3 shows some being kept from that time.

Rev.3:10-11 - " Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

But there is no denying that His message was to His servants in the churches. Cheerio!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Dearest Sister Angels,

They are apostate. Meaning they were called and chosen and maybe some of them believed for a short time. They buy and have bought the lie. They are apostate because they believe if you set in church on Sunday this makes you a good person. They have no relationship with the risen Lord.

They never died to self. The churchs are full of them.

They are like the seed that fell on rocky soil and the root didn't get deep enough to prosper the whole plant . The cares of the World and self are predominate. The enemy snuck in an stole away the gift with the cares of this World.

They can't even find time to pray properly because they are so busy working all the time to pay for the stuff they have. They have bought the lie of the great Harlot and her little harlots. A divided house can't stand. Either you Love the Lord your G-d with all your heart or you don't.

Abraham Loved the Lord so much he was going to give up His most prized posession , his promised heir.

Oh the depth of the Lords Salvation :wub::wub:

Peace to you all and much Agape Love,

:il: Amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Luke,

Thanks for responding, can you agree with article?

I believe we live in those days....

Your sister in Christ, Angels :wub:

Lukewarm Churches & Christians Yoked with Unbelievers

The Bible indicates that the Churches' beliefs are lukewarm. The below prophecy may relate to the church of the last 100 years, according to some scholars and historians who have matched the description of each church in Revelation 2 and 3 and related it to a particular time in history. The last church is the Laodiceans church. This corresponds to the last church of the age, which is the church of today. As a result people who only believe the mainstream teachings are rejected. However there may be some hot churches. Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

The mainstream church of today certainly fits this description. Most of the preaching is not deep and does not refer to the Bible enough. It is unlikely that people learn much about the Bible. Generally they hear things that they already know. God may consider the mainstream Church of today the same as the Pharisees, which formed the mainstream church in Jesus' time. The Pharisees were proud arrogant people who wanted to show everyone how good they were. Jesus wants a humble loving heart that generously gives without showing off. He would not want one which openly gives a little often, for the purpose that it looks good to the congregation. Also verse 17 (above) says that the church will be focussed on material things and money, more than doing God's will. This is very evident today, as people who go to church do the same things as the non-believers. They seek money and material things more than they seek God. They seek to be part of the same corrupt system as the unbelievers, instead of spending their time doing God's will. Much of the false church have or follow many of the worldly things that are not needed, cost money and take the focus away from God. These things include Christmas cards that contain worldly things such as Christmas trees and Santa Claus, decorations and stained glass windows. Items are even sold inside the church. How would this compare to the time when Jesus drove out those people who bought and sold in the temple?

Are you satisfied with an apostate church that is disobeying God and will be spewed out of the mouth of God (Rev 3:14-17)? If you were a true Christian you would be standing up against evil and wanting to find the true church. A true man of God would not want to become part of the apostate church. Men of God spoke against evil and the mainstream church of their day who were the Pharisees. This could refer to all mainstream denominations. We can't compare today's churches with the Churches in Paul's time when there was a major move of God. Remember this is the last days (like the days of Noah) and mankind is generally more wicked now then it was in Paul's time. So all the churches we know of may be considered apostate in God's sight

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

The word Jesus gave to the goats is that He "knew" them not. The word there is knew in the intimate sense. There are those that go to church because they want to please their families, or for status or for reputation or whatever and then there are those that can't wait to go, that look forward to going, who are seeking God to know Him.

Those that don't know Him in an intimate way can make a decision in the tribulation on how serious they want to get and if they have a sincere heart and repent, they will be saved.

Believe in the original language doesn't mean believe as we know it. I can believe in Jesus and not know Him just as I can believe that Elvis Presley was a man, but I don't know him. Believe means to commit, to have faith in, to put all of your trust into, to have confidence in, sort of like the way we use it when we tell our kid who's trying out for the track team, "I believe in you"

I don't feel the 7 churches are representative of a time in history. We surely have churches of all 7 categories today. I see many really getting serious and dedicating and I have seen some denominations that were in real error change their doctrines at the expense of losing members, World-wide chuch of God is one and mine is another. There are also many that are of the Laodicean spirit, but I don't see that that spirit occupies all churches.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  4,001
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Well, my theory is unpopular around here but I can reconsile this since I don't believe in a pretrib. rapture.

Hi Kelly,

I would be interested in hearing your theory.

If you wish you could just PM me with it . . . or submit it for public review.

Peace / BlindSeeker

PS - I am not pretrib either . . . actually . . . I don't believe in this 7 year trib theory at all . . . :x:

Guest kelly

Hi Blindseeker,

I am happy to post my opinion. You see I do not not believe that a convincing argument can be made for any of the popular rapture arguments, pre-trib, mid trib or post trib. I do however see evidence for all three, however not enough to convince me that any one is a more correct theory than another. So I believe that the correct approach to this is to prepare ourselves to endure the tribulation period. Our Heavenly Father did not remove Noah from the Earth during the flood, instead he gave him the means to survive it. He did not remove Lot and his family from Sodom until the very end, and then only their complete obiedience to God got them out, he did not remove Shadrach, Meshach and Obednigo( please pardon my spelling) from the fiery furnace, instead he protected them through it, and I just do not see where he will remove us till the very end either. For once he removes us, so goes also the Holy Spirit, and it is only by the calling of the Holy Spirit that we come to the Lord. We must be here to be a witness to the people for God is not willing that any should perish. I've heard many times the argument that God would not allow his people to suffer such fates as will happen during the tribulation period; I politely refer them to Foxes book of Martyrs, see for yourself how Gods people have died throughout the ages, a death of having your head cut off will truly seem a small thing. So I prepare myself and loved ones for the tribulation period and hope that the pre-tribbers are correct, but our hope is not to be in a rapture at all but in Jesus himself. My one worry about all of this though is what will happen to the faith of the pre-tribbers if they are wrong and one day find themselves staring at the AC and having to make that dreadful decision of the mark of the beast, might they not say to themselves, well God must not be real because he has not raptured us, my religion was all a lie, and so justify to themselves taking that awful mark. I fear that much harm is indeed being done to Gods people by this pre-trib theory which can not be definetly proven by the Word of God!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  4,001
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Thank you Kelly.

For the most part I am in agreement with you.

Peace.

William / BlindSeeker