• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I'm not saying that he is right I have to study it some more but you know, the church is 2000 years old and seems the majority of the church is in the US. Think what would happen if we fall. There goes the Shiites controlling Iraq, the N. Koreans would go nuts, who would stand for Israel? Hmmmmm It is something to think about. I agree, Perry may be a little over zealous, but I think he means well and his heart is in the right place.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

who would stand for Israel? Hmmmmm It is something to think about.

I say that GOD will stand for Israel. Where in the Bible does it say that someone else needs to stand for Israel??????

Of course, One Accord,

Do you realize that God has been using us to suply Israel with necessary weapons and support needed to fight off the Arabs? They are the size of FL surrounded by Muslims, do you not think that they would be overtaken if God were not helping them? I believe He is using us to stand by Israel and if we were powerless I think they would try to overtake Israel, right now they're afraid we would stop them. Especially after the latest war.

Guest kelly

wordsower

I have not had much chance to look but I have been able to find some support for Perry Stones' theory of America being the restrainer. If you look in some of the older commentarys you will see that some of them thought the restrainer was a form of government and of course their money was on the Roman Empire. John Gill in his expository supports this theory his idea seems to be that Paul was writing in a kind of coded language to the Thessalonians so as not raise the ire of the Roman Empire about their coming downfall. So if the restrainer is a form of government this could be possible, but of course I haven't had time to get into the matter sufficiently yet, but there is supprt for it. I don't know anything about Perry Stone or his ideas , I have never watched him, I only recoginise his name but I am cautious of TBN ministers though I do admit they have retained a few good ones over the years. I hope he is one since so many seem to like him.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I say that GOD will stand for Israel.  Where in the Bible does it say that someone else needs to stand for Israel??????

I stand in agreement there. We do have influence as allies to Israel but to say we are restrainers, is a stretch.

R Cruise has said that the restrainer is the angel {Gabriel, I think} mentioned in Daniel. Some say it's the Holy Spirit.

I don't know but I'd bet real money it's not the United States.

Israel has it's own powerful angel who defends it. Likewise, provinces and kingdoms appear to have their own evil counterparts, often referred to as the Prince of Persia or some other prince..They come against the heavenly realm in an earthly battle.

We often forget that there's an entire unseen war being fought even while in the heavens.

Angels and demons continually at war. I wouldn't begin to presume that the United States is the biblical restrainer of evil.

Since this is the end from the beginning the history is interesting:

In 170BC Antiochus IV Epiphanes invaded Egypt and declared himself king of Egypt. In 169BC he went against Alexandria, but returned to Jerusalem before finishing his conquest in Egypt. A priest named Jason was causing problems in Jerusalem. On returning to Jerusalem, Antiochus entered the Holy of Holies and carried off the gold and silver temple vessels. In 168BC he returned to Egypt, but was defeated, because he was met by a Roman army in Egypt. On returning to Jerusalem, Antiochus constructed an altar to Zeus and sacrificed a sow on the altar and forced the Jews to eat the meat. He caused all Jewish religious activity to stop. Many Israelites were tortured and killed. In 167BC, the Maccabean revolt began under Judas Maccabeus and they eventually were able to rededicate the Temple.

So, who is the army that has dedeated the evil so far? Do you figure this is by chance that our presidents identifies the enemy as axis of evil?

Michael the Archangel is an interesting thought but isn't he assigned to the area of Persia/Iraq? I don't know, that is what I thought.