• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Unclear EU treaty provisions causing 'nervousness'

28.11.2007 - 17:43 CET | By Honor Mahony

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - Although the ink has barely dried on the EU's new treaty, analysts are already scratching their heads as to how the document, with its unclear division of power between the EU's top politicians, is going to work in practice.

Come 2009, when the Reform Treaty is supposed to click into place, there will be three big jobs to be had in Brussels - the president of the European Commission; the president of the European Council and the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy.

The three have overlapping job descriptions that are set to be defined only by the strength of the personalities involved, meaning that the treaty, agreed in October after years of wrangling, could be laying the ground for a political hornet's nest.

Igor Sencar, Slovenia's EU ambassador, says there are "at least 40 elements" in the treaty that have to "considered and understood" during the course of next year.

Speaking at the European Policy Centre think tank in Brussels on Wednesday, Mr Sencar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

10 WEU NATION DEFENSE STRUCTURE TO BECOME PERMANENT IN EU?

TOWARDS PERMANENT STRUCTURED COOPERATION

ON EUROPEAN SECURITY AND DEFENCE?

Paris, 19 November 2007 - During the Assembly

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I read an article today where the EU bloc countries will relinquish border control to EU forces. I also read the article mentioning the creation/election of an E.U. "president". This would definately take us a step closer to fullfilment. Somehow I don't see Tony Blair as the Antii-Christ but if the French President is recommending him who knows. I'm expecting someone who will send a chill down my spine when I look at him. Someone who basically eminates evil. Those of us who have been saved should be able to spot him easily, while the rest of the world is somehow, hypnotized or intoxicated by him. The next couple years will definatelty qualify as "interesting times".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I read an article today where the EU bloc countries will relinquish border control to EU forces. I also read the article mentioning the creation/election of an E.U. "president". This would definately take us a step closer to fullfilment. Somehow I don't see Tony Blair as the Antii-Christ but if the French President is recommending him who knows. I'm expecting someone who will send a chill down my spine when I look at him. Someone who basically eminates evil. Those of us who have been saved should be able to spot him easily, while the rest of the world is somehow, hypnotized or intoxicated by him. The next couple years will definatelty qualify as "interesting times".

I'd love to read those articles. Do you have links?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I'd love to read those articles. Do you have links?

Try Rueters or BBC. I will look for them in the meantime.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Good stuff. We should remember that the antichrist will do what no one else has been able to do. Which is bring peace between Israel and the Palestinians. who ever the antichrist will be this much I know. We who are aware, in tone with God, and have the wisdom of the written word will know him when we see him.

Guest billyjoebob

We are taught that the anti-christ wii come on the scene at the time of the Rapture and that he will bring about world peace and prosperity for three and a half years. Yet, almost immediately following the Rapture, according to Rev. 6, peace will be taken from the earth and there will be wars, famine, and death. How can anyone institute world peace in such a time? Certainly, after the Rapture, anti-christ will be revealed in that the whole world will recognize him and worship him for who he is. The world peace and prosperity wii have to be instituted before the Rapture (probably several years before) because it can't happen afterwards. Will Christians be here and will they recognize him? They will if they know the prophetic Scriptures.