• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1989

what am i suppose to do about this, i am at a loss because everyone tells me to talk about it but its kinda hard when they just blow you off EVERY TIME or just pretend that i am not there. :emot-handshake::wub:

Guest Magdalene

I grew up without Christian parents. Though I was saved at 15, my mom didn't get saved until I was just about to go into college. What exactly do you want to talk about?

My remedy was to treat them with love and respect and to pray for them. If your parents ask you to do something that would cause you to disobey God, then I suggest you obey God. Though I'm all for honoring your parents, God supercedes your parents. Any other questions?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Same experience....and 100% agreement with Magdalene.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Hello!

Neither of my parents are saved. And ive tried many a time, out of Love and hope and passion, to talk to them about the Lord. But some people you just cant talk to. All we can do is pray for them and believe that the Lord's word, is, infact, settled in heaven. (Psalm 119:89) Look in the word of God for his promises of salvation for your family and build your faith and it shall come to pass. Honestly. My friend and his mum prayed for 14 years for his dad to be saved. It looked as though hed never be one to follow God. EVER! His mum and him were the only ones who didnt give up. Now His dad is saved 4 yrs and running, with a passion and love for Christ. Hes not the same person! He's lovely! My cousin took less than that, it was two years of nightly prayer. But hey it happens. We pray them into the kingdom. Speaking to non believers of the Lord is like talking to a brick wall if they dont want to hear it. And often pushes them away further. So find salvation scriptures and decalare them to God. Put him in rememberance of his words. and remember, Love suffers long. (cor) Welcome to the intercessory realm my dear!!!

Blessings to you

:thumbsup:

Edited by Bluebird1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yeah, Magdalene is on the right track. Talking is not going to do anything. It doesn't even help if the roles are reversed. Actions speak louder than words. It is a huge burden. Big Hug! :thumbsup:

I worked on my husband for many years, but it was when I started treating him like he was already the spiritual head of the home that the walls came down. --- I will pray that God will give you his supernatural strength and that He will quicken your parent's hearts to desire what you have in Christ.

Blessings!