missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Our drinking water has chemicals and chlorine in it to a level that is not safe. The authorities tell us that it is safe but it is not. There is an addiction in our world today of coffee and alcohol. Neither are safe to drink in large qualities but many are doing just that.  Our oceans and rivers are polluted with chemicals and bacteria which makes our fish unsafe to eat. There are recalls everyday  of our food being tainted with salmonella, listeria and plastic and glass particles. Our produce is saturated with pesticides which causes cancer. We live in an unsafe world. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Our drinking water has chemicals and chlorine in it to a level that is not safe. The authorities tell us that it is safe but it is not. There is an addiction in our world today of coffee and alcohol. Neither are safe to drink in large qualities but many are doing just that.  Our oceans and rivers are polluted with chemicals and bacteria which makes our fish unsafe to eat. There are recalls everyday  of our food being tainted with salmonella, listeria and plastic and glass particles. Our produce is saturated with pesticides which causes cancer. We live in an unsafe world. 

"We live in an unsafe world"

Sound familiar.....

Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in?
Miracles, I guess
Still happen now and then
Step into my heart
Leave your cares behind
Welcome to my world
Built with you in mind
Knock and the door will open
Seek and you will find
Ask and you'll be given
The key to this world of mine
I'll be waiting here
With my arms unfurled
Waiting just for you
Welcome to my world
Waiting just for you
Welcome to my world

Gentleman  Jim Reeves
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

And yet we still live far longer, healthier lives with a far better quality of life then people did even 200 years ago. Even those people who make zero attempts at taking care of themselves often live into their 60s and beyond-something rarely seen even in the 1700s.

Fact is...everyone knows alcohol and caffeine is bad for you...and theres other healthier choices for you out there readily available. Any addiction is by ones own choice.

On that note i dont even see why you hate coffee so much...its a natural plant and really the only thing in it that is unhealthy is the naturally occuring caffeine content...and its also not new. Its been around for awhile...and historically its even saved lives. It was discovered during the cholera outbreaks of old those who drank a lot of coffee was far less likely to get it, as to those that didn't because they boiled water to make the coffee which killed off the contaminates. 

Same is true today...boiling water has a way of cleansing it making coffee probably one of the healthier drinks out there. And while caffeine itself is addicting, it doesnt cause near the issues that other drugs such as nicotine or even alcohol does, and getting off if it is far easier, withdrawal symptoms usually are nothing more then a mild headache and short term drowsiness.

In fact of all the caffeinated beverages out there, coffee is probably one of the healthiest choices available short of tea. I can think of a lot of caffeinated beverages that are far worse for you lol

Just stating science here...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

And yet we still live far longer, healthier lives with a far better quality of life then people did even 200 years ago. Even those people who make zero attempts at taking care of themselves often live into their 60s and beyond-something rarely seen even in the 1700s.

Fact is...everyone knows alcohol and caffeine is bad for you...and theres other healthier choices for you out there readily available. Any addiction is by ones own choice.

On that note i dont even see why you hate coffee so much...its a natural plant and really the only thing in it that is unhealthy is the naturally occuring caffeine content...and its also not new. Its been around for awhile...and historically its even saved lives. It was discovered during the cholera outbreaks of old those who drank a lot of coffee was far less likely to get it, as to those that didn't because they boiled water to make the coffee which killed off the contaminates. 

Same is true today...boiling water has a way of cleansing it making coffee probably one of the healthier drinks out there. And while caffeine itself is addicting, it doesnt cause near the issues that other drugs such as nicotine or even alcohol does, and getting off if it is far easier, withdrawal symptoms usually are nothing more then a mild headache and short term drowsiness.

Just stating science here...

200 years ago they did not have the medical technology to keep people alive that they have today. All of our worldly acceptable drugs such as nicotine, alcohol and caffeine have a risk. Caffeine is horrible for anxiety. It can cause heart arrythmias, stomach disorders, high blood pressure, colorectal, liver,breast and endometrial cancer. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

16 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

200 years ago they did not have the medical technology to keep people alive that they have today. All of our worldly acceptable drugs such as nicotine, alcohol and caffeine have a risk. Caffeine is horrible for anxiety. It can cause heart arrythmias, stomach disorders, high blood pressure, colorectal, liver,breast and endometrial cancer. 

So the world is intentionally poisioning you while keeping you alive?

No...no its not. Chlorine levels in most drinking water is well within safety margins...scientific fact. And the vast majority of people drink filtered water without chlorine. I make regular trips to the store for my wife buying such water. Very few people drink tap. Can caffeine lead to cancer? Unproven. Heart arythmias and high blood pressure? Certainly if you overdue it. But, so does being in the same room as my sister in law. Drinking it in moderation has no such affects on most people.

Perspective is everything...and fact is...if your being poisioned by the food you eat and the liquid you drink its not the world poisioning you...its you poisioning you. Theres plenty of options out there...ingredients are listed on every food product and on every drink, and like i said the vast majority of people drink chlorine free filtered water. If your drinking chlorinated water and to much caffeine thats no ones fault but your own.

In fact, the availability of clean drinking water is probably one of the leading reasons people live longer right up there next to healthcare. Just saying.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

So the world is intentionally poisioning you while keeping you alive?

No...no its not. Chlorine levels in most drinking water is well within safety margins...scientific fact. And the vast majority of people drink filtered water without chlorine. I make regular trips to the store for my wife buying such water. Very few people drink tap. Can caffeine lead to cancer? Unproven. Heart arythmias and high blood pressure? Certainly if you overdue it. But, so does being in the same room as my sister in law. Drinking it in moderation has no such affects on most people.

Perspective is everything...and fact is...if your being poisioned by the food you eat and the liquid you drink its not the world poisioning you...its you poisioning you. Theres plenty of options out there...ingredients are listed on every food product and on every drink, and like i said the vast majority of people drink chlorine free filtered water. If your drinking chlorinated water and to much caffeine thats no ones fault but your own.

In fact, the availability of clean drinking water is probably one of the leading reasons people live longer right up there next to healthcare. Just saying.

Suit yourself.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

"There is an addiction in our world today of coffee and alcohol.
Neither are safe to drink in large qualities but many are doing just that. "

I agree with you missmuffet, but that is called choice. Wine is good for you,moderately,  but God said be not a drunk.
He also said be not a glutton....

It's also safe to eat. The US is tenth from the top for obesity at 36.2%.  Then there is the overweight also.
(They might try drinking a little coffee instead:)

I suppose my wife and I are addicted, we been drinking coffee most all our lives.
I drink about 2 cups and my wife drinks about 4-6cups daily
At church everybody (almost) has a cup or two of coffee, and there are some ancient ones there in their nineties.
My wife and I also usually have a beer at the end of our work day together, and have been since kids left.
Oh! I also may chew on an old cheap cigar when the mood hits me.
We both work, each on our own businesses, 6 days a week. We're in the mid 70's yrs.

Here is just one health report, there's many more should you choose to look up.

(copy paste/or highlight and click to open elsewhere)

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee

One more report from the Mayo clinic.  (Pros/Cons)

Does coffee offer health benefits?   Mayo clinic

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/coffee-and-health

Answer From Donald Hensrud, M.D. mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition and healthy eating/expert answers/coffee-and-health.

While past studies hinted that coffee might have a dark side, newer research suggests that it may actually have health benefits.

Why the reversal? It's hard to look at just one aspect of diet and connect it to a health condition because so many other factors that could play a role. For example, early research on coffee didn't always take into account that heavy coffee drinkers also tended to use tobacco and be sedentary.

When newer studies adjusted for such factors, they found a possible association between coffee and decreased mortality. Coffee may offer some protection against:

• Parkinson's disease
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Liver disease, including liver cancer
  • Heart attack and stroke

Coffee still has potential risks, mostly due to its high caffeine content. For example, it can temporarily raise blood pressure. Women who are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding need to be cautious about caffeine. High intake of boiled, unfiltered coffee has been associated with mild increase in cholesterol levels.

The bottom line? Your coffee habit is probably fine and may even have some benefits. But if you have side effects from coffee, such as heartburn, nervousness or insomnia, consider cutting back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,090
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  96

9 minutes ago, Sower said:

But if you have side effects from coffee, such as heartburn, nervousness or insomnia, consider cutting back.

:o

:exclaimation:

Nah. :madgrin:

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

• Haha 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We live in an unsafe world. 

Of course it is. But, food wise, it's because we don't follow ANY of the Biblical food guidelines (they were put there for a reason). We eat all of nature's garbage disposals (pigs and bottom dwellers of the waters). So of course the fish with scales and fins are now going to be unsafe to eat. It is VERY difficult to find breakfast food without swine mixed in. My Mom used to fry everything in bacon grease when I was a kid., and I'm sure a lot of other mothers did as well. And then we wonder why there is so much cancer and other diseases in the baby boomer generation. We also wonder why waters are so polluted and yet we also eat most of the natural purifying agents such as freshwater clams. When I say "we" I mean people. I don't personally eat any of these things and I don't assume you do either. I had problems with gout in the past and it's a funny thing: The majority of the foods that cause gout are those natural garbage disposals!

Sister, if your post was to warn, thanks. But, try not to get too wrapped up in things that will kill you. We live in a fallen world and nothing is what Abba-Yah meant it to be. Our only safety is in YeHoVah/Yeshua. One day real soon Yeshua will fix all of it. Won't that be a wonderful day?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

2 hours ago, Sower said:

"We live in an unsafe world"

Sound familiar.....

Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in?
Miracles, I guess
Still happen now and then
Step into my heart
Leave your cares behind
Welcome to my world
Built with you in mind
Knock and the door will open
Seek and you will find
Ask and you'll be given
The key to this world of mine
I'll be waiting here
With my arms unfurled
Waiting just for you
Welcome to my world
Waiting just for you
Welcome to my world

Gentleman  Jim Reeves

Until now, I never put this song in a scriptural context... Wow...