• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation 10: 1-7

"10 I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; 2 and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land; 3 and he cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars; and when he had cried out, the seven peals of thunder [a]uttered their voices. 4 When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them.” 5 Then the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to heaven, 6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there will be delay no longer, 7 but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets.

I am looking for your insight into...." What is the mystery of God" that is spoken of here. 

I'm at a loss.

Does it have something to do with what the seven thunders uttered?

It is saying that the "mystery of God is finished" when the 7th angel is about to sound, or sounds his trumpet. 

If we look at the 7th trumpet in Rev 11:15-16.... "

"Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His [a]Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.” 16 And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,"

This, I think, is the Coronation of Jesus, when the Kingdom is handed/transferred  over to Him. Could this be the mystery that was preached to the prophets?

What are your thoughts on this?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

2 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

"10 I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; 2 and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land; 3 and he cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars; and when he had cried out, the seven peals of thunder [a]uttered their voices. 4 When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them.” 5 Then the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to heaven, 6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there will be delay no longer, 7 but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets.

I am looking for your insight into...." What is the mystery of God" that is spoken of here. 

I'm at a loss.

It is saying that the "mystery of God is finished" when the 7th angel is about to sound, or sounds his trumpet. 

“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His [a]Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.” 16 And the twenty-four elders, who sit on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God,"

This, I think, is the Coronation of Jesus, when the Kingdom is handed/transferred  over to Him. Could this be the mystery that was preached to the prophets?

Shalom, JoeCanada.

I'll second what @Da Puppers said, purely on the basis of the verses he has chosen to quote. We ARE anticipating the resurrection of our souls! "Souls" being the "air-breathing bodies" that will come out of the graves!

As to whether the mystery reflects what the 7 thunders uttered, who knows? The mystery may be totally independent of the thunders OR it may be related. We just don't know because the 7 thunders weren't revealed to us! When you see the word "mystery" simply substitute the word "secret." That substitution can help to clarify a passage.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

If [when you say the mystery that was preached unto the prophets]  by that mystery you are alluding to the following: 

1Pe 1:9-13 KJV 9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. 13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

I believe you are on the right track.   It is evident that Peter is referring to the glorification of our bodies because he says:

1. The END of your faith [not the beginning], even the salvation of your souls.   And that will come because we hope to the END... for the grace that is to be brought to us AT...

2. ...the revelation of Jesus Christ!

Paul revealed it this way when he said: 

1Co 15:51-52 KJV 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The church is not the mystery,  not yet revealed;  but the resurrecting of Jesus,  [and nobody else] remains that mystery. 

Act 26:23 KJV That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the FIRST that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Some might get confused here and say that Jesus wasn't the first person to be resurrected.   That is true.   But that is not what Paul is saying in Acts 26:23.  He used the word anistasis, and not egeiro.   The word egeiro is used in the Gospels to describe what happened when Jesus raised/ resurrected someone from the dead... in all cases.   But the word anistemi, a derivative of anistasis,  is used to describe what happened with Jesus,  AFTER the resurrection.   It refers to his ascension to the Father.   Jesus is currently the only man who has been raised(anistemi)  to sit at the Father's side.   Jesus ascended to the Father [he said, " I 'go to the Father' to prepare a place,  a seat at the Father's table,  for you...] that where "I AM"--->the Father,  IS, you may be also".  Jesus went to the Father,  [he is the only one who has ascended to the Father]  bodily,  so that we too could go to the Father,  BODILY! 

As long as Jesus is the only one who has ascended to the Father,  [and we don't know what we will be,  until he appears and we will THEN be like him,]  the resurrection of our bodies remains a mystery unto us. 

I believe,  but can't show you every instance,  that the seven thunders refers to seven resurrection events that will occur during the last days.   This is epitomized by the angel [who utters the seven thunders]  standing with one foot on the sea and one foot on the earth.   This sea is not the waters of the earth.   But it is the same sea that will be abolished when the new heavens and new earth appears.   It is the realm of the dead.   In Luke 16 Jesus described it this way.   There is a great gulf fixed so that the dead can't go to where the living are,  and vice versa.   I believe that the when the angel stands on both the land and the sea,  that he is thus bridging the gap between the realms of the dead and of the living.  It can only be done by a mighty angel.   Notice what the angel does... he cries with a loud voice.   I believe that this might angel is none other than Michael. Some of the thunders include the following: 

1. The church,  the dead in Christ. 

2. The two witnesses. 

3. The beast. 

4. The children of Israel. 

5. The righteous who die during the millennium,  at the end of the millennium. 

6. The wicked dead,  at the end of the millennium. 

7. ???

Rev 10:1-4 KJV 1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire: 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, 3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. 4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Be Blessed 

The PuP 

P.S. The little book is the Lamb's book of life containing the names of the righteous,  who are deemed worthy of eternal life. 

There must be a reason why the Gospel was preached to a people who burned their dead. 

If it is close to the truth with a remote possibility being truth what you have suggested calling the body the soul, suggesting that their soul and the souls of their ancestors were burned, no one would have believed and no one of the preachers would get another day to repeat it.

But because they have wellcome the Gospel inspite of having their bodies burned it proves that it is not what the evangelist message was to them. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

To my mind the big mystery of God spoken of in Revelation 10:7 is WHEN?

We have prophesies that tell us WHAT will happen but with some things we don't know WHEN until they actually happen.

We wait for the things that will happen when 7th trumpet sounds but as for when it will sound and bring the fulfillment of the former prophecies, only God knows. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.51
  • Days Won:  11

. . . that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

- Colossians 2:2-3 (NKJV)

. . .

I’m quite sure “the mystery of God” has to do with “the little book” because it is the focus of Rev. 10:7-10.  We know God has foretold us all things pertaining to the events that will occur, even to this last generation. All of this was revealed to His prophets, including Moses, Isaiah, David, Daniel, Ezekiel, Deuteronomy, Jeremiah, Joel, Amos.

Should this be a mystery or surprise to us Christians?  Nah….Not if we have studied God's Word. For God has revealed every detail of what we will see and hear in His Word.  Jesus said many times, "It is written,” and what is written will come to pass. All the prophecies uttered by the prophets and disciples, as well as our Lord, referring to these latter days, is what I think the thunders reveal.

…. but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets. Then the voice which I heard from heaven spoke to me again and said, "Go, take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth." So I went to the angel and said to him, "Give me the little book." And he said to me, "Take and eat it; and it will make your stomach bitter, but it will be as sweet as honey in your mouth." Then I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth. But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter.

- Revelation 10:7-10 (NKJV)

Here In Revelation 10, I believe we’re still in the 6th trump.  So the little book is open(unsealed). ….but hey, it seems the angel isn't about to just hand it over to John. He pretty much says, "Come and get it,” and so this leads me to believe that if you want the little book (the Word of God), then you must go and take it. Our Father doesn't force His Word down our throats, right?  Want to be sealed of God? Then go retrieve the unsealed scroll and eat it!  

Jeremiah 15:16 
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Ezekiel 2:9 
And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;

Ezekiel 3:3 
And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

Rev 10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

Learning and understanding the truth of God's Word is exciting, and the taste of truth is as sweet as honey, but when you have digested and meditated on all that knowledge and can see the reality of what is happening in this world today and why, it can be pretty "gut wrenching," and perhaps is one form of bitterness. And I'm very sure there will be more bitterness; we’ll have to brace ourselves for the persecution that will surely come.

selah 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.70

Hi Joe, 

Here is what I think, but I can't say I have much time into it, just what I believe

The mystery, not to us, but to the world it coming upon it.   God is the One and only God.  And the time is now for the world to know.  

The 'thunders' come after the lightening has struck, so the events are taking place and the explanation is is being made.   

What happens when the 7th angel sounds?  

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

All prophecy REVEALED to be TRUTH.  ALL questions about WHO is the True God answered and the truth of God and His righteousness is revealed and now the dealings of this world will be under His rule.  We are in His kingdom and He is King.  

So, am I way off?  I don't know but I like thinking about it.  Thank you for the post.  

Edited by DeighAnn
posted on its own again
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

17 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Hi Joe, 

Here is what I think, but I can't say I have much time into it, just what I believe

The mystery, not to us, but to the world it coming upon it.   God is the One and only God.  And the time is now for the world to know.  

The 'thunders' come after the lightening has struck, so the events are taking place and the explanation is is being made.   

What happens when the 7th angel sounds?  

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

All prophecy REVEALED to be TRUTH.  ALL questions about WHO is the True God answered and the truth of God and His righteousness is revealed and now the dealings of this world will be under His rule.  We are in His kingdom and He is King.  

So, am I way off?  I don't know but I like thinking about it.  Thank you for the post.  

I have got to get a new computer or figure out how it is posting before I hit the 'submit reply'.  Anyway, 11:15 for me also speaks of the end of all EARTHY flesh and blood bodies.  I know many people believe that there will be terrestrial bodies for the Lords Day but I believe everyone will be in a their imperishable ones and  leaving no 'mystery' in the mind of anyone about God.  

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Selah7 said:

. . . that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

- Colossians 2:2-3 (NKJV)

. . .

I’m quite sure “the mystery of God” has to do with “the little book” because it is the focus of Rev. 10:7-10.  We know God has foretold us all things pertaining to the events that will occur, even to this last generation. All of this was revealed to His prophets, including Moses, Isaiah, David, Daniel, Ezekiel, Deuteronomy, Jeremiah, Joel, Amos.

Should this be a mystery or surprise to us Christians?  Nah….Not if we have studied God's Word. For God has revealed every detail of what we will see and hear in His Word.  Jesus said many times, "It is written,” and what is written will come to pass. All the prophecies uttered by the prophets and disciples, as well as our Lord, referring to these latter days, is what I think the thunders reveal.

…. but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets. Then the voice which I heard from heaven spoke to me again and said, "Go, take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth." So I went to the angel and said to him, "Give me the little book." And he said to me, "Take and eat it; and it will make your stomach bitter, but it will be as sweet as honey in your mouth." Then I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth. But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter.

- Revelation 10:7-10 (NKJV)

Here In Revelation 10, I believe we’re still in the 6th trump.  So the little book is open(unsealed). ….but hey, it seems the angel isn't about to just hand it over to John. He pretty much says, "Come and get it,” and so this leads me to believe that if you want the little book (the Word of God), then you must go and take it. Our Father doesn't force His Word down our throats, right?  Want to be sealed of God? Then go retrieve the unsealed scroll and eat it!  

Jeremiah 15:16 
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Ezekiel 2:9 
And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;

Ezekiel 3:3 
And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

Rev 10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

Learning and understanding the truth of God's Word is exciting, and the taste of truth is as sweet as honey, but when you have digested and meditated on all that knowledge and can see the reality of what is happening in this world today and why, it can be pretty "gut wrenching," and perhaps is one form of bitterness. And I'm very sure there will be more bitterness; we’ll have to brace ourselves for the persecution that will surely come.

selah 

HI Selah7,
This is why I like to answer before I read everyone else's thoughts.  See if what I believe is similar to others, and all I can say is I LIKE THE way you believe!!!  I can totally relate to it.  

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

17 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

I'm at a loss.

Joe it's my opinion that the "Mystery" is the resurrection, catching up, and glorified body received, that takes place at the 7th or Last Trump as seen below 

1 Corinthians 15:51-52KJV

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Revelation 10:7KJV

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Edited by truth7t7

• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, JoeCanada said:

I'm at a loss.

Hey Joe.

I agree.  You have to look at what happens at the seventh trumpet to understand what the mystery is.  It's the ultimate regime change.  It's the day of the Lord.  Satan's influence over the world (Babylon) is destroyed as his kingdom is dismantled and he is thrown in jail as Jesus begins the time of restoration and His kingdom fills the earth.  It's a common theme of the prophets.