BlindSeeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

THE BEAST OF REVELATION - Who is he . . . or it?

Chapter 13

• 1. A Beast rises out of the sea.
    2. Power given to the Beast by the Dragon.
    3. One of his heads wounded to death and his deadly wound was healed.
    4. Power given to continue forty-two months.
    5. A second lamb-like Beast has the voice of the Dragon and is in authority over the Seven-Headed Beast.
    6. The Number of the Beast.

In seeking to understand the meaning of this prophetic symbol the "Beast," it is impossible to find a higher authority than God's own Scriptures, which was birth by the Holy Ghost's inspiration and they are therefore His own interpreter. Therefore, what is meant to be understood by the term "Beast" in one prophetic vision is most likely the desired understanding being represented by the term when used in a similar manner in other passages of Scriptures.

By the angel's interpretation of Daniel's four beasts clear understanding can clearly be produced. Having been desirous to "know the truth of the fourth beast which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, and of the ten horns that were on his head," the angel interprets the vision for Daniel, "The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise." The angel plainly declares that the four beasts are four civil, or municipal, kingdoms and hence the term "Beast" is used as a prophetic symbol for earthly civil kingdoms.

• Daniel 7:15 - I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
      16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
      17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
      23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
      24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Re 17:7 The angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
      15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Other passages using water to represent nations or people;

• Isaiah 8:7 Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks:

Isaiah 17: Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
        13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Jeremiah 47: 2 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land, and all that is therein; the city, and them that dwell therein: then the men shall cry, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howl.

This 13th chapter is intended to remind God's people of these historical "nations, and tongues," through which "the dragon" carried on his warfare, as well as represent the rise and fall of the final and Eighth Beast. Having it's seven heads and ten horns the "beast" bears the old dragon mark (Re 12:3) and is therefore some manifestation of the same power. Indeed, it is "the great dragon . . .called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world," who has called the beast forth from the sea.

One thing that must be clarified is that the beast is a multi-faceted symbol. It does not just represent one thing, and one thing only. Though in chapter thirteen as it rises out of the sea, it represents the rise of a particular kingdom, referred to as the "eighth . . . is of the seven, and goeth into perdition," the beast also contains multiple symbols representing other varying key participants in end time events.

A good distinction of this is how in chapter thirteen the beast rises out of the sea by its self, while in chapter seventeen the beast is presented with a woman sitting upon it "arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." This women represents the false religious systems of the world which has taken identity under all faiths, including puesdo-christianity as well.

This would seem to indicate that at the time of the arising of the eighth beast that there was a separation between it, the "scarlet colored beast," and the "woman." Yet prior to the eighth kingdom's foretold destruction there a mutual merger between the apostate civil and religious faith based institutional powers.

Likewise, the purpose of the seven heads are to represent a progression of seven kingdoms in order to lead us to this eighth and final beast. The ten horns mean while represented a consolidation of nations. Please note that the number "ten" is not necessarily being a numerical definer of the number of future nations that will consolidate as much as the "ten horns" clarifying an already biblical historic region where those nations will be.

. . . and upon his horns ten crowns,
        and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. . .

These crowns are the sign of royal authority and are thus representing different kings or kingdoms (Re 17:12). And upon his seven heads the name of blasphemy. If these heads should arrogantly claim divine honors, not belonging to them, these would be names of blasphemy. These heads are said to be seven kings. Sometimes kings have claimed to be gods, as Alexander, who asserted that he was the son of Jupiter Ammon, and the Roman Emperors, who all claimed divine honors and required men to worship their statues and to offer them sacrifices.

Verse 2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

And "the beast . . . was like unto" a consolidated beast which united the four beasts seen by Daniel in his vision plus others not there mentioned (Dan. 7:1-7). All these animals in Daniel are all naturally cruel and terrible beasts of prey. But in Rev. 13:2 they are consolidated to make up a beast that is especially an end time terror to mankind. Because it was "the dragon" which "gave him his power."

• 1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
          2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
          3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
          4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. [babylonian Empire]
          5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. [Mede/Persia Empire]
          6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. [Greek Empire]
          7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. [Roman Empire]
          • Mt 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
            9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death. The Greek says "slain." This wound to one of the heads represents what was intended to be a deadly wound to the beast itself. This wound was given by the sword; that is, by war. Re 13:14 suggested that the beast was restored, or fully recovered from the wound by the ruling efforts of "another beast" first mentioned in Re 13:11. The symbolism implies that a mortal wound was intended to be inflicted on the civil power represented by the first beast, and while it appeared to be ready to perish, its power was restored due to the authority or leadership of the second beast. While this second beast looks like he is for peace, for "he had two horns like a lamb," his motives are really to the contrary, because "he spake as a dragon."

• Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
              12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Verse 3 says that, "All the world wondered after the beast" and verse 4 "who is able to make war with him." This is because of the "great wonders" that the second beast has authority and power to do "He maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men." It is this great fire that falls to the earth from the heavens that "deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles [never before accomplished] which he had power to do in the sight of the beast." It was this method of retaliation upon those who started the war with the initial blow to the beast that this leader was not only able to cause a full recovery of the beast " which had the wound by a sword, and [yet] did live," but also to catapult it to a position of global supremacy, (Re 13:14). It was this never before accomplished "fire" which came "down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men" that caused "all the world"say "who is able to make war with him?"

All the world wondered . . . Just who is this Beast?

In studying the Beast of Revelation we need to remember the order of events the Apostle John is witnessing. John sees the beast rise up out of the sea in chapter 13 and rise to a place of global admiration because it's miraculous victory in war. This beast then institutes a new system where by "no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Finally, this civil system requires all, "both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads."

This system infuriates God because humanity was created in the image of God and is to be the glory of God in the earth. Man was intended to be serving the LORD with gladness . . . [for] the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Yes, "we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." But here we see this corrupt government wanting to take those who were created in the image of God, those who's very bodies were design to be the temple of God, and to desecrate them with a "mark" and oblige them to now serve/worship the beast.

• I Cor. 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
                20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Rev. 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
                9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
                10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.

In Revelation 15 we see "seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God." In chapter 16 the apostle "heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth . . .And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."

Next in chapter 17 the apostle John now sees the introduction of a woman which is, like the beast itself, is "sitteth upon many waters." Not only was this woman like the beast, via her influence upon many "nations and tongue," she is now shown to John to be riding the beast. This represents an end time merger between the eighth beast (a final kingdom) and the mother whore (false religious system). This merger takes place before the final destruction of the eighth beast and the whore riding it. Yet this merger of theirs is only an attempt to deceive the nations and the true church, which " if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.".

The driving force behind the woman is the same force behind the beast. It is the dragon which gives them both their power and seat, and authority. This deceitful force behind this ungodly union of "church and state" is the same force the apostle Paul warned the Church of Corinth about.

• II Cor. 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
                  14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
                  15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Right here we can see that in Revelation chapter 17 the angel is about to explain who and what chapter's 13-16 were all about. Up until the angel's explanation to him, all John knew was what he had seen, but not what it had all meant. The angel clearly tells John two things. First, " I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters," and secondly, "I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns."

This "mystery" is something that God was not only wanting to reveal to John, it was something He was committing unto John for him to reveal to the whole church of Jesus Christ. We can be certain of this by the Angel's statement that all "they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world."

What we can gleam from that statement, and the scriptures listed below is that God wants and even expects His church to know and understand this "mystery." If our names are in the Lamb's book of life then we do not have to be, nor should we be wondering about this mystery. If we are wondering, then perhaps we haven't been truly seeking it out and proving it by both history and other Biblical support. God wants His people to know.

• Mr 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Mark 4: 22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
                    23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
                    24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
                    25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Lu 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Ac 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

I Thess 5: 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that day should overtake you as a thief.
                    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
                    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
                    2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

One of the main clues the angel told the apostle John is one that many seem to overlook. The angel told John, "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition." In another place the angel repeats it this way, "the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Most people skip this clue and simply go to the part about the "seven mountains" and want to identify them as the seven "hills" of Rome so they can apply these verses to the Roman Catholic Church. My question to those who interpret it that way is when did the Catholic Church cease to exist (and not just simply floundered under political oppression) and then revive? The phrase "was, and is not, and yet is," irrefutably indicates something existed and then ceased to exist, and then came into being again.

But what else in the Holy Scriptures besides the "beast" can we find that today would answer to that phrase? Answer, that very thing which the beasts of Daniel persecuted - the nation of Israel. Israel "was" every since it conception in Egypt and it continued as a nation until 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple and literally, the national structure of Israel. Rome was Daniel's "fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces [israel], and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it" because it did not just dominate Israel, it caused Israel to cease to exist, or as it says in Revelations, "is not." So borrowing part of Revelation 17:8, ". . . that was, and is not, and yet is" which does actually refer to the beast, we can see a link between the empire referred to as the beast and the nation of Israel.

• Revelation 17: 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
                  10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

The angels plainly say to John, "here is the mind which hath wisdom," or perhaps, "here is wisdom for the mind," regardless, he is committing unto John another clue. Remember, "The seven heads are seven mountains . . . there are seven kings, five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come." What we can see woven in this phrase is exactly what we see in 17:8. The past, the present (or the duration of time between a past event and a future event), and the future.

Since the beast, which clearly has a past and a future, and an unknown time of "is not" in between and since the beast has seven heads that represent the seven mountains and since there are seven kings, five of which "are fallen," we can then confidently say that of the "seven heads/seven mountains," that five of the mountains/heads are also "fallen" as well. What does that simply mean? Five of the beast's heads represent five mountains and kings in John's PAST.

Seeing we must apply this to the time of the Apostle John's PRESENT (the time of the angelic discourse), and ask him if there was a king oppressing the nation of Israel, he would answer definitively, "Yes, Caesar of Rome."

Seven Mountains

Just what is prophetically meant by the word mountain? Is there other references to mountains in scripture to which we can compare to gain understanding? Yes there are.

Jeremiah 51: 24 And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD.

25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain.

Zechariah 4: 7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Da 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Da 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Am 4:1 Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.

Am 6:1 Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

So who are the "seven mountains?" We know four of them from the book of Daniel. Here's a review -

7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. [babylonian Empire]

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. [Mede/Persia Empire]

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it. [Greek Empire]

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. [Roman Empire]

We know the sixth head was the one at the time John was Rome, and we can also see the three before Rome, which would be heads numbers five, four and three. But that is only four beasts, which means we are short two heads. However, the key to understanding the seven headed beast is to remember the beast correlates with Israel.

Israel as a nation was birth when Moses led them out of slavery in Egypt. It was there that the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, "increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them." So much so that the Egyptians began to fear them.

Exodus 1:8 Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.

9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:

10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

11 Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses.

12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.

13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour:

14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.

Egypt is therefore the first head of the beast. But who is the second? Well before the Babylonian captivity the nation of Israel divided into two. Because Rehoboam refused to eased the burden on the ten northern tribes. (See I King 12:2-20)

I Kings 12:2 And it came to pass, when Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who was yet in Egypt, heard of it, (for he was fled from the presence of king Solomon, and Jeroboam dwelt in Egypt;)

3 That they sent and called him. And Jeroboam and all the congregation of Israel came, and spake unto Rehoboam, saying,

4 Thy father made our yoke grievous: now therefore make thou the grievous service of thy father, and his heavy yoke which he put upon us, lighter, and we will serve thee.

5 And he said unto them, Depart yet for three days, then come again to me. And the people departed.

6 And king Rehoboam consulted with the old men, that stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, and said, How do ye advise that I may answer this people?

7 And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever.

8 But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him:

9 And he said unto them, What counsel give ye that we may answer this people, who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke which thy father did put upon us lighter?

10 And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins.

11 And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

12 So Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam the third day, as the king had appointed, saying, Come to me again the third day.

13 And the king answered the people roughly, and forsook the old men's counsel that they gave him;

14 And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

15 Wherefore the king hearkened not unto the people; for the cause was from the LORD, that he might perform his saying, which the LORD spake by Ahijah the Shilonite unto Jeroboam the son of Nebat.

16 So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to thine own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents.

17 But as for the children of Israel which dwelt in the cities of Judah, Rehoboam reigned over them.

18 Then king Rehoboam sent Adoram, who was over the tribute; and all Israel stoned him with stones, that he died. Therefore king Rehoboam made speed to get him up to his chariot, to flee to Jerusalem.

19 So Israel rebelled against the house of David unto this day.

20 And it came to pass, when all Israel heard that Jeroboam was come again, that they sent and called him unto the congregation, and made him king over all Israel: there was none that followed the house of David, but the tribe of Judah only.

Because Israel was now being divided with two separate kings, Jeroboam was afraid the hearts of the people would return toward Jerusalem and he would lose his control of them.

25 Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel.

26 And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David:

27 If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.

28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

29 And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan.

30 And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.

31 And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.

32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.

33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.

Because of this idolatry, God raised up Assyria to punish the ten northern tribes of Israel.

II Kings 17:18 Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

23 Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

Therefore Assyria is the second beast. Let's look at the whole order of the those heads of the beast which we have clarifed. First we have the Five that are fallen at the time of the Apostle John's vision

1. Egypt

2. Assyria

3. Babylon

4. Mede/Persia

5. Greece

Then we have the "one is" which would be Rome, the sixth head "which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces." For that is what Rome did to Israel in 70 A.D. At that time, Jerusalem was destroyed according to the prediction of our Lord, and was to "be trodden down by the Gentiles." Thus it happen, and it was never again in the possession of the Jews until 1948 after the conclusion of World War II.

But who had the land back then? Who had gain possession of it prior to Israel's rebirth? The British Empire had it.

It was said that "The sun never sets on the British Empire." England had conquered so much that all around the world there were subdued provinces of the British Empire. But it was also because of England that America sought to get involved in World War II. Plus, it was World War II that brought the sudden decline of the British empire and gave America it's occasion to rise to global supremacy.

So if we look at the whole list of those nations or empires which have had a direct relationship with Israel, either by taking her into captivity or having dominion over them and their land, it would be as follows:

1. Egypt

2. Assyria

3. Babylon

4. Mede/Persia

5. Greece

6. Rome

7. England

But look what the scriptures says:

Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Where did America come from? England.

The rest of Revelations chapter 13-19 can equally be reasoned to show how World War II caused America to rise to global supremacy while England declined . . . all giving way to the birth of Israel, which was, was not, yet is . . . plus foretells the coming "mark" or national ID . . . and more . . .

Peace

BlindSeeker

Edited by BlindSeeker

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
THE BEAST OF REVELATION - Who is he . . . or it?

Chapter 13

• 1. A Beast rises out of the sea.
    2. Power given to the Beast by the Dragon.
    3. One of his heads wounded to death and his deadly wound was healed.
    4. Power given to continue forty-two months.
    5. A second lamb-like Beast has the voice of the Dragon and is in authority over the Seven-Headed Beast.
    6. The Number of the Beast.

In seeking to understand the meaning of this prophetic symbol the "Beast," it is impossible to find a higher authority than God's own Scriptures, which was birth by the Holy Ghost's inspiration and they are therefore His own interpreter. Therefore, what is meant to be understood by the term "Beast" in one prophetic vision is most likely the desired understanding being represented by the term when used in a similar manner in other passages of Scriptures.

By the angel's interpretation of Daniel's four beasts clear understanding can clearly be produced. Having been desirous to "know the truth of the fourth beast which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, and of the ten horns that were on his head," the angel interprets the vision for Daniel, "The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise." The angel plainly declares that the four beasts are four civil, or municipal, kingdoms and hence the term "Beast" is used as a prophetic symbol for earthly civil kingdoms.

• Daniel 7:15 - I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
      16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
      17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
      23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
      24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

Re 17:7 The angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
      15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Other passages using water to represent nations or people;

• Isaiah 8:7 Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks:

Isaiah 17: Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
        13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Jeremiah 47: 2 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land, and all that is therein; the city, and them that dwell therein: then the men shall cry, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howl.

This 13th chapter is intended to remind God's people of these historical "nations, and tongues," through which "the dragon" carried on his warfare, as well as represent the rise and fall of the final and Eighth Beast. Having it's seven heads and ten horns the "beast" bears the old dragon mark (Re 12:3) and is therefore some manifestation of the same power. Indeed, it is "the great dragon . . .called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world," who has called the beast forth from the sea.

One thing that must be clarified is that the beast is a multi-faceted symbol. It does not just represent one thing, and one thing only. Though in chapter thirteen as it rises out of the sea, it represents the rise of a particular kingdom, referred to as the "eighth . . . is of the seven, and goeth into perdition," the beast also contains multiple symbols representing other varying key participants in end time events.

A good distinction of this is how in chapter thirteen the beast rises out of the sea by its self, while in chapter seventeen the beast is presented with a woman sitting upon it "arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." This women represents the false religious systems of the world which has taken identity under all faiths, including puesdo-christianity as well.

This would seem to indicate that at the time of the arising of the eighth beast that there was a separation between it, the "scarlet colored beast," and the "woman." Yet prior to the eighth kingdom's foretold destruction there a mutual merger between the apostate civil and religious faith based institutional powers.

Likewise, the purpose of the seven heads are to represent a progression of seven kingdoms in order to lead us to this eighth and final beast. The ten horns mean while represented a consolidation of nations. Please note that the number "ten" is not necessarily being a numerical definer of the number of future nations that will consolidate as much as the "ten horns" clarifying an already biblical historic region where those nations will be.

. . . and upon his horns ten crowns,
        and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. . .

These crowns are the sign of royal authority and are thus representing different kings or kingdoms (Re 17:12). And upon his seven heads the name of blasphemy. If these heads should arrogantly claim divine honors, not belonging to them, these would be names of blasphemy. These heads are said to be seven kings. Sometimes kings have claimed to be gods, as Alexander, who asserted that he was the son of Jupiter Ammon, and the Roman Emperors, who all claimed divine honors and required men to worship their statues and to offer them sacrifices.

Verse 2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

And "the beast . . . was like unto" a consolidated beast which united the four beasts seen by Daniel in his vision plus others not there mentioned (Dan. 7:1-7). All these animals in Daniel are all naturally cruel and terrible beasts of prey. But in Rev. 13:2 they are consolidated to make up a beast that is especially an end time terror to mankind. Because it was "the dragon" which "gave him his power."

• 1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
          2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
          3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
          • Mt 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
            9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death. The Greek says "slain." This wound to one of the heads represents what was intended to be a deadly wound to the beast itself. This wound was given by the sword; that is, by war. Re 13:14 suggested that the beast was restored, or fully recovered from the wound by the ruling efforts of "another beast" first mentioned in Re 13:11. The symbolism implies that a mortal wound was intended to be inflicted on the civil power represented by the first beast, and while it appeared to be ready to perish, its power was restored due to the authority or leadership of the second beast. While this second beast looks like he is for peace, for "he had two horns like a lamb," his motives are really to the contrary, because "he spake as a dragon."

• Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
              12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Verse 3 says that, "All the world wondered after the beast" and verse 4 "who is able to make war with him." This is because of the "great wonders" that the second beast has authority and power to do "He maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men." It is this great fire that falls to the earth from the heavens that "deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles [never before accomplished] which he had power to do in the sight of the beast." It was this method of retaliation upon those who started the war with the initial blow to the beast that this leader was not only able to cause a full recovery of the beast " which had the wound by a sword, and [yet] did live," but also to catapult it to a position of global supremacy, (Re 13:14). It was this never before accomplished "fire" which came "down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men" that caused "all the world"say "who is able to make war with him?"

All the world wondered . . . Just who is this Beast?

In studying the Beast of Revelation we need to remember the order of events the Apostle John is witnessing. John sees the beast rise up out of the sea in chapter 13 and rise to a place of global admiration because it's miraculous victory in war. This beast then institutes a new system where by "no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Finally, this civil system requires all, "both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads."

This system infuriates God because humanity was created in the image of God and is to be the glory of God in the earth. Man was intended to be serving the LORD with gladness . . . [for] the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Yes, "we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." But here we see this corrupt government wanting to take those who were created in the image of God, those who's very bodies were design to be the temple of God, and to desecrate them with a "mark" and oblige them to now serve/worship the beast.

• I Cor. 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
                20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Rev. 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
                9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
                10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.

In Revelation 15 we see "seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God." In chapter 16 the apostle "heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth . . .And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."

Next in chapter 17 the apostle John now sees the introduction of a woman which is, like the beast itself, is "sitteth upon many waters." Not only was this woman like the beast, via her influence upon many "nations and tongue," she is now shown to John to be riding the beast. This represents an end time merger between the eighth beast (a final kingdom) and the mother whore (false religious system). This merger takes place before the final destruction of the eighth beast and the whore riding it. Yet this merger of theirs is only an attempt to deceive the nations and the true church, which " if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.".

The driving force behind the woman is the same force behind the beast. It is the dragon which gives them both their power and seat, and authority. This deceitful force behind this ungodly union of "church and state" is the same force the apostle Paul warned the Church of Corinth about.

• II Cor. 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
                  14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
                  15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Right here we can see that in Revelation chapter 17 the angel is about to explain who and what chapter's 13-16 were all about. Up until the angel's explanation to him, all John knew was what he had seen, but not what it had all meant. The angel clearly tells John two things. First, " I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters," and secondly, "I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns."

This "mystery" is something that God was not only wanting to reveal to John, it was something He was committing unto John for him to reveal to the whole church of Jesus Christ. We can be certain of this by the Angel's statement that all "they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world."

What we can gleam from that statement, and the scriptures listed below is that God wants and even expects His church to know and understand this "mystery." If our names are in the Lamb's book of life then we do not have to be, nor should we be wondering about this mystery. If we are wondering, then perhaps we haven't been truly seeking it out and proving it by both history and other Biblical support. God wants His people to know.

• Mr 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Mark 4: 22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
                    23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
                    24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
                    25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Lu 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Ac 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

I Thess 5: 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that day should overtake you as a thief.
                    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
                    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
                    2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

One of the main clues the angel told the apostle John is one that many seem to overlook. The angel told John, "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition." In another place the angel repeats it this way, "the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Most people skip this clue and simply go to the part about the "seven mountains" and want to identify them as the seven "hills" of Rome so they can apply these verses to the Roman Catholic Church. My question to those who interpret it that way is when did the Catholic Church cease to exist (and not just simply floundered under political oppression) and then revive? The phrase "was, and is not, and yet is," irrefutably indicates something existed and then ceased to exist, and then came into being again.

But what else in the Holy Scriptures besides the "beast" can we find that today would answer to that phrase? Answer, that very thing which the beasts of Daniel persecuted - the nation of Israel. Israel "was" every since it conception in Egypt and it continued as a nation until 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple and literally, the national structure of Israel. Rome was Daniel's "fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces [israel], and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it" because it did not just dominate Israel, it caused Israel to cease to exist, or as it says in Revelations, "is not." So borrowing part of Revelation 17:8, ". . . that was, and is not, and yet is" which does actually refer to the beast, we can see a parallel between the beast and the nation of Israel.

• Revelation 17: 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
                  10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

The angels plainly say to John, "here is the mind which hath wisdom," or perhaps, "here is wisdom for the mind," regardless, he is committing unto John another clue. Remember, "The seven heads are seven mountains . . . there are seven kings, five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come." What we can see woven in this phrase is exactly what we see in 17:8. The past, the present (or the duration of time between a past event and a future event), and the future.

Since the beast, which clearly has a past and a future, and an unknown time of "is not" in between and since the beast has seven heads that represent the seven mountains and since there are seven kings, five of which "are fallen," we can then confidently say that of the "seven heads/seven mountains," that five of the mountains/heads are also "fallen" as well. What does that simply mean? Five of the beast's heads represent five mountains and kings in John's PAST.

Seeing we must apply this to the time of the Apostle John's PRESENT (the time of the angelic discourse), and ask him if there was a king oppressing the nation of Israel, he would answer definitively, "Yes, Caesar of Rome."

Seven Mountains

Just what is prophetically meant by the word mountain? Is there other references to mountains in scripture to which we can compare to gain understanding? Yes there are.

Jeremiah 51: 24 And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD.

25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain.

Zechariah 4: 7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Da 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Da 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Am 4:1 Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.

Am 6:1 Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

So who are the "seven mountains?" We know four of them from the book of Daniel. Here's a review -

7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

We know the sixth head was the one at the time John was Rome, and we can also see the three before Rome, which would be heads numbers five, four and three. But that is only four beasts, which means we are short two heads. However, the key to understanding the seven headed beast is to remember the beast correlates with Israel.

Israel as a nation was birth when Moses led them out of slavery in Egypt. It was there that the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, "increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them." So much so that the Egyptians began to fear them.

Exodus 1:8 Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.

9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:

10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.

11 Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses.

12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.

13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour:

14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.

Egypt is therefore the first head of the beast. But who is the second? Well before the Babylonian captivity the nation of Israel divided into two. Because Rehoboam refused to eased the burden on the ten northern tribes. (See I King 12:2-20)

I Kings 12:2 And it came to pass, when Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who was yet in Egypt, heard of it, (for he was fled from the presence of king Solomon, and Jeroboam dwelt in Egypt;)

3 That they sent and called him. And Jeroboam and all the congregation of Israel came, and spake unto Rehoboam, saying,

4 Thy father made our yoke grievous: now therefore make thou the grievous service of thy father, and his heavy yoke which he put upon us, lighter, and we will serve thee.

5 And he said unto them, Depart yet for three days, then come again to me. And the people departed.

6 And king Rehoboam consulted with the old men, that stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, and said, How do ye advise that I may answer this people?

7 And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever.

8 But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him:

9 And he said unto them, What counsel give ye that we may answer this people, who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke which thy father did put upon us lighter?

10 And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins.

11 And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

12 So Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam the third day, as the king had appointed, saying, Come to me again the third day.

13 And the king answered the people roughly, and forsook the old men's counsel that they gave him;

14 And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

15 Wherefore the king hearkened not unto the people; for the cause was from the LORD, that he might perform his saying, which the LORD spake by Ahijah the Shilonite unto Jeroboam the son of Nebat.

16 So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to thine own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents.

17 But as for the children of Israel which dwelt in the cities of Judah, Rehoboam reigned over them.

18 Then king Rehoboam sent Adoram, who was over the tribute; and all Israel stoned him with stones, that he died. Therefore king Rehoboam made speed to get him up to his chariot, to flee to Jerusalem.

19 So Israel rebelled against the house of David unto this day.

20 And it came to pass, when all Israel heard that Jeroboam was come again, that they sent and called him unto the congregation, and made him king over all Israel: there was none that followed the house of David, but the tribe of Judah only.

Because Israel was now being divided with two separate kings, Jeroboam was afraid the hearts of the people would return toward Jerusalem and he would lose his control of them.

25 Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel.

26 And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David:

27 If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.

28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

29 And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan.

30 And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan.

31 And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi.

32 And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made.

33 So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.

Because of this idolatry, God raised up Assyria to punish the ten northern tribes of Israel.

II Kings 17:18 Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

23 Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

Therefore Assyria is the second beast. Let's look at the whole order of the those heads of the beast which we have clarifed. First we have the Five that are fallen at the time of the Apostle John's vision

1. Egypt

2. Assyria

3. Babylon

4. Mede/Persia

5. Greece

Then we have the "one is" which would be Rome, the sixth head "which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces." For that is what Rome did to Israel in 70 A.D. At that time, Jerusalem was destroyed according to the prediction of our Lord, and was to "be trodden down by the Gentiles." Thus it happen, and it was never again in the possession of the Jews until 1948 after the conclusion of World War II.

But who had the land back then? Who had gain possession of it prior to Israel's rebirth? The British Empire had it.

It was said that "The sun never sets on the British Empire." England had conquered so much that all around the world there were subdued provinces of the British Empire. But it was also because of England that America sought to get involved in World War II. Plus, it was World War II that brought the sudden decline of the British empire and gave America it's occasion to rise to global supremacy.

So if we look at the whole list of those nations or empires which have had a direct relationship with Israel, either by taking her into captivity or having dominion over them and their land, it would be as follows:

1. Egypt

2. Assyria

3. Babylon

4. Mede/Persia

5. Greece

6. Rome

7. England

But look what the scriptures says:

Rev. 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Where did America come from? England.

The rest of Revelations chapter 13-19 can equally be reasoned to show how World War II caused America to rise to global supremacy while England declined . . . all giving way to the birth of Israel, which was, was not, yet is . . . plus foretells the coming "mark" or national ID . . . and more . . .

Peace

BlindSeeker

HEYYyyyyyy william----VERY good----WeLL put together----PLEASE continue with this---------

Very good information--------GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTHSEEKERS-----------{Gary}-- :D

Thank you Gary.

I am basically waiting for any questions people may have before I post further.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Peace

William

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Hi all,

Anyone care to tell me how many Presidents we have had since the Reemergence in the World of Israel?

Start with Truman who was chiefly responsible for the establishment of Israel. It was he who pressured the British to give up the land to Israel.

Have you ever seen why?

Go to www.trumanlibrary.org and do some research on the Truman papers concerning Israel. :D

Take notice that President G.W. Bush is the eleventh President of the U.S. since Israel came back into being. :D

How many Horns did that Beast have????Hmmm

Food for thought! :D

Peace :il: Amen

Guest shadow2b
Thank you Gary.

I am basically waiting for any questions people may have before I post further.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Peace

William

HEYyyyyyyyy bro.william-----could you explain "more" on this "the beast[iSRAEL??] that was,etc.etc.??

Ummmmmmmmmm??? canNOT quite Understand this completely yett----what EXactly are you stating??

you know "how" slow i am at times,soooooo there ya are.....slow & easy please..... :D ------

GOD-BLESS-ALL-TRUTHSEEKERS-------------{Gary}-- :D:D you're welcome & here's a ?? i hope--

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Hi all Saints,

I will paste something here out of some research I have done regarding the U.S. It concerns our relation to Israel their land and their inheritence.

From 1948 there have been exactly 10 Presidents. America has been chief amongst the World in regards to policy concerning Israel. Without Truman recognizing Israel there would not be an Israel.(Of course this was G-ds will) Without the resulting Arab backlash against the American Empire from both Gulf Wars. There would be no pressure on Israel.

The Presidents in order:

45-53 Truman (recognized Israel)

53-61 Eisenhower

61-63 Kennedy

63-69 Johnson

69-74 Nixon

74-77 Ford

77-81 Carter (started Peace Process in earnest)

81-89 Reagan (defeated communism thereby opening resources to Mid east)

89-93 Bush (Father of Oslo after Gulf War 1)

93-01 Clinton (Pressured Israel but was ineffective)

01- Present G.W. Bush ( Maybe successful in pressuring Israel after Gulf War 2)

It would seem there are 11 Presidents since Israel was reborn as a nation.

There were 10 horns in Daniels vision of the Beast .Then a small one a little different popped up. He is the one who persecutes the Saints.

I ain't sayin nothing only making an observation! :D

GBU all richly Saints,

Peace :il: Amen

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

BlindSeeker -

I find you line of logic quite interesting. Comparing the Beast in Revelation to Daniel's vision of Beasts (which lines up with Nebecchednezzer's (sp?) vision of the statue - err, whatever the toes are...) instead of the Beast being a person, as in the Antichrist (a singular person) is very intriguing. Interestingly, it makes a lot of sense.

A couple of questions though.

Israel a Beast? :cool: Please explain this one; that seems a bit too radical of thought. How could this be the mount of the Harlot?

Looking at your list of Empires - notice how from Egypt to Rome, these Empires pretty much run back to back to each other, some responsible for defeating the predecessor, whereas there is a hu-u-u-u-u-ge gap (several centuries) between Rome and England. Could this be what is meant by the "was, is not, and will be"?

I'm very interested in hearing the rest of what you have to say.

Dr. Luke -

Just a nit pick, but I believe it a stretch to say that Reagan defeated communism. Communism pretty much fell on its own, don't you think?

Forgive me everyone for my briefness here, as I felt obliged to respond to several other threads today.

• Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
    8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
    • 1. Babylon -
      • Dan 7: 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

• 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

• 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

4. Rome -

7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

The first beast clearly represents Babylon, the existing empire at the time of this vision. It represent the greatness of the empire and the king Nebucanezar. This is also witnessed by the king's vision in Daniel 2:37, "Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory."

The second beast represents the Mede/Persia empire which is documented in the books of Ester, Ezra, Nehemiah, as well as in the end of Daniel. It also the period of rule under which the post-exilic prophets, Haggai, Zachariah, and Malachi prophesied and wrote.

The third beast, Greece is typlifiedwith four heads, symbolic of Alexander's four generals amongst whom his empire was divided,

The final beast of Daniel represents both Rome and the region of Roman influence/rule. This is basically the region of Europe today, except for the Baltic states/countries. Yet it appears as if there is a strong drive in the EU to welcome the Baltic states into it.

This fourth beast "was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet."

What does that mean? Well what does history tell us? Rome, unlike the empires before it destroyed Israel, where as they simply oppressed and/or took it into captivity.

Rome here has the ten horns representing the deversity of cultures and languages and regions making up Rome, or Europe today. We see this confirmed again by Nebucannazar's vision in chapter 2 -

Dan 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Now concerning the "little horn" of 7:8 "before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things," who is it?

Well, let me present another verse for consideration -

Rev 13: 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies . . .

I touched on the application of this I believe in my "Is America Missing in Prophecy" thread. But still, it is obvious there is a connection with the "speaking great things."

However, what about the "three of the first horns plucked up by the roots?" If we remember the birth of America, there were three European countries that sought to lay claim to some this soil - France, England, and Spain. Yet these three were not able to take any root here . . . were they?

Again, where did America come from? Basically Europe, England to be exact. The little horn "which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows . . . and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings."

Peace,

William

BlindSeeker -

I find you line of logic quite interesting.  Comparing the Beast in Revelation to Daniel's vision of Beasts (which lines up with Nebecchednezzer's (sp?) vision of the statue - err, whatever the toes are...) instead of the Beast being a person, as in the Antichrist (a singular person) is very intriguing.  Interestingly, it makes a lot of sense.

A couple of questions though.

Israel a Beast?  :rolleyes:  Please explain this one; that seems a bit too radical of thought.  How could this be the mount of the Harlot?

I reread my orignal post to see why some are thinking I am saying Israel and the beast are the same - they are not. I found a sentance in my first post which I think caused the confusion.

• original sentance:
    • . . . we can see a parallel between the beast and the nation of Israel.

• modified sentence:
      • we can see a link between the empire referred to as the beast and the nation of Israel.

I hope that clears it up some. We all can readily see the "link" between Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Mede/Persia, Greece, Rome and Israel . . . right?

Looking at your list of Empires - notice how from Egypt to Rome, these Empires pretty much run back to back to each other, some responsible for defeating the predecessor, whereas there is a hu-u-u-u-u-ge gap (several centuries) between Rome and England.  Could this be what is meant by the "was, is not, and will be"?

I'm very interested in hearing the rest of what you have to say.

Yes, Rome destroyed Israel, therefore Israel which was, was not, yet Israel is today. Therefore, since there is a direct "link" between the beast and Israel, the beast also was, was not, yet is today.

I actually posted part of this in my first post, right where the other part was -

But what else in the Holy Scriptures besides the "beast" can we find that today would answer to that phrase? Answer, that very thing  which the beasts of Daniel persecuted - the nation of Israel. Israel "was" every since it conception in Egypt and it continued as a nation until 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple and literally, the national structure of Israel. Rome was Daniel's "fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces [israel], and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it" because it did not just dominate Israel, it caused Israel to cease to exist, or as it says in Revelations, "is not." So borrowing part of Revelation 17:8, ". . . that was, and is not, and yet is" which does actually refer to the beast, we can see a link between the empire referred to as the beast and the nation of Israel.

Hope that clears it up a bit . . . :cool:

Peace

William / BlindSeeker

PS -

Have you read my other thread Nebula "Is America Missing in Prophecy?"

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I skimmed through it, but I've been so swamped with schoolwork that I had not had tome to truly evaluate/comment on it (like most of the Board!). I'll look at it again and comment there sometime soon.