kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Quick question - Will absolutely everyone who's a Christian(every person who calls God "Father" - Galatians 4:6) be raptured at the time of the rapture? These Christians contrast "Christians" referred to in Matthew 7:21-23. 

After a thorough study of the parable of the ten virgins, I'm beginning to lean toward the camp saying not all Christians will be raptured at the time of the rapture. Not referring to people who will later become Christians during the tribulation.

PARABLE OF THE TEN VIRGINS

Matthew 25:1-13(NKJV) - 

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Thanks for reading and God bless. Any questions or comments?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Quick question - Will absolutely everyone who's a Christian(every person who calls God "Father" - Galatians 4:6) be raptured at the time of the rapture? These Christians contrast "Christians" referred to in Matthew 7:21-23. 

After a thorough study of the parable of the ten virgins, I'm beginning to lean toward the camp saying not all Christians will be raptured at the time of the rapture. Not referring to people who will later become Christians during the tribulation.

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Only those who have "oil on their lamps" are ready to go, right? 

May we pursue in a daily basis to be ready any time! 

IMG-20210210-WA0000.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, MonicaWife said:
3 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

Only those who have "oil on their lamps" are ready to go, right? 

May we pursue in a daily basis to be ready any time! 

Amen, Monicawife.

Edited by kenny2212
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

17 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

The ten virgins is noting more than a parable of the saved and unsaved, it's that simple

9 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

The ten virgins is noting more than a parable of the saved and unsaved, it's that simple

Can't be. The unsaved cannot be part of the bridal train. How could Jesus want to marry the unsaved?

Thanks for reading and God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

43 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Can't be. The unsaved cannot be part of the bridal train. How could Jesus want to marry the unsaved?

Thanks for reading and God bless.

The unwise virgins were never saved, the Lord never knew them

(I Know You Not)

Matthew 25:11-13KJV

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

The unwise virgins were never saved, the Lord never knew them

(I Know You Not)

Matthew 25:11-13KJV

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Of course Jesus never knew them - they weren't around when he came. But this doesn't make them anything less than virgins. They even had the "baggage" - A lamp and oil...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  337
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Of course Jesus never knew them - they weren't around when he came. But this doesn't make them anything less than virgins. They even had the "baggage" - A lamp and oil...

Amen! And they were waiting for the Bridegroom, right? I doubt that the unsaved are waiting for Him..... 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

Amen! And they were waiting for the Bridegroom, right? I doubt that the unsaved are waiting for Him..... 

Thank you and Amen, MonicaWife.

Edited by kenny2212
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

In the Matthew 25 passages, The wise virgins and the oil; is a representation of a person whose heart is truly regenerated and has the Holy Spirit within them. Without the Holy Spirit, no one is ready for the return of Jesus. Saving faith in Jesus Christ will manifest itself in every aspect of our lives. The fruit of the Spirit will begin to show. A desire for greater holiness and less sin will be apparent.

The foolish virgins, is a representation of people who enjoy the benefits of the Christian community without true love for Christ. Such are people who have an outward profession and belief. But the necessary grace isn’t there. They have built a religious house, but they have no real relationship with God. They are not ready for Christ's return by their unbelief in the life, death and risen Savior. In other words, they are Christians in name only.

The request of oil is something that none of us can transfer to other people. Salvation is non-transferable. You cannot transfer any part of your salvation to other people. Each person must make the choice for Christ on his or her own. The person who truly heeds the gospel message is a person who is exercising wisdom and is ready and waiting for he or she has a true love for Christ. They truly believe the gospel message, and have put their faith and trust in Christ. They have an appetite for God’s Word and God’s will in their lives. They exhibit genuine fruits of the Holy Spirit, that can be seen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2