IGNORED

A question for atheists

NITE OWL

The Roman Catholic Mass:

The Mass is for the dead....and I agree that they keep "re-sacrificing" Jesus in how they celebrate the Mass for the Dead.

That is why in Catholic Churches Christ is on the cross while in non-Catholic Churches he is off the cross.

One commemorates his death and suffering

the Other his resurrection and life.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

Feel free to call me a liar if it makes you feel better about the security of your own salvation. I know that I am telling the truth, so my conscience is clear.

I'm not calling you a liar- the Bible is

To be more accurate, your particular interpretation of the Bible is. The majority of Christians do not interpret the Bible this way.

Ah - but I forgot - they are obviously not True Christians, are they. Just like I cannot have been a True Christian.

No- you were never a Christian therefore you are not an heir to His Kingdom. YOU are the one who believes that you were a Christian.

So what you are saying is that when I got down on my knees and sincerely prayed, asking the Lord Jesus to save me, he didn't do so - and instead I was merely deceived (by whom? Satan?) into thinking he had...

That when I felt him enter my heart and I broke down in tears, that wasn't him..

That during the years that I could feel his presence and had a special relationship with him, it wasn't him...

That the 'fruits' of my Christianity were no such thing...

That all the times he 'convicted' me and the spirit led me, it wasn't them...

So I have two questions for you and your Once Saved Always Saved theology.

Why did Jesus not come into my heart and give me salvation when I sincerely begged him to? Why did he choose to stay away from me and let me be deceived instead?

If I was able to spend years thinking that I was saved and having a personal relationship with Jesus - but it turns out that I was being deceived for all that time - how do you know that you are not also being deceived in the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you T A.

And I'm moved by your gut-wrenching honesty.

Maybe you're not "lost". Maybe you are only going thru the "desert".

I think He's still with you............waiting.

Peace,

Felicia

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Anyone say desert.

Hmmmmm......it sadly sounds familuar.....

:blink:

Guest jlo23_1214
Feel free to call me a liar if it makes you feel better about the security of your own salvation. I know that I am telling the truth, so my conscience is clear.

I'm not calling you a liar- the Bible is

To be more accurate, your particular interpretation of the Bible is. The majority of Christians do not interpret the Bible this way.

Ah - but I forgot - they are obviously not True Christians, are they. Just like I cannot have been a True Christian.

No- you were never a Christian therefore you are not an heir to His Kingdom. YOU are the one who believes that you were a Christian.

So what you are saying is that when I got down on my knees and sincerely prayed, asking the Lord Jesus to save me, he didn't do so - and instead I was merely deceived (by whom? Satan?) into thinking he had...

That when I felt him enter my heart and I broke down in tears, that wasn't him..

That during the years that I could feel his presence and had a special relationship with him, it wasn't him...

That the 'fruits' of my Christianity were no such thing...

That all the times he 'convicted' me and the spirit led me, it wasn't them...

So I have two questions for you and your Once Saved Always Saved theology.

Why did Jesus not come into my heart and give me salvation when I sincerely begged him to? Why did he choose to stay away from me and let me be deceived instead?

If I was able to spend years thinking that I was saved and having a personal relationship with Jesus - but it turns out that I was being deceived for all that time - how do you know that you are not also being deceived in the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you T A.

And I'm moved by your gut-wrenching honesty.

Maybe you're not "lost". Maybe you are only going thru the "desert".

I think He's still with you............waiting.

Peace,

Felicia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. If you have professed to have believed in God before and experienced everything as you described, I will not judge you. I too believe you have wandered and God is leading you back to him. He led you here didn't he?

Guest crystalbean19

I am myself, but I am having a hard time putting the faith infront of the facts. I need to find the faith I once had and here I can hear bible based facts and make up my own mind. I'm not here to say whose right and who's wrong. But I here to do alittle research.

-crystal

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I have a friend who is an atheist who told me that he envied me because of my faith, He wanted to believe, but he couldn't wrap his mind around the whole concept. I guess that would be an example of the flesh overwhelming the spirit. :whistling:

you could almost say that every time we sin we are a-theistic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/08/1983

Atheists go to Christian boards for many different reasons. I have seen this question asked on several different apologetics boards and Christian chat rooms. And it doesn't matter what answers the atheists give. The single answer that the Christians are going to BELIEVE is that God is somehow drawing atheists to Christian forums and chat rooms. Why ask the question if you have already made up your mind? Just say it outright: God has brought you here, Mr. Atheist. I would prefer that over a fake question.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I have a friend who is an atheist who told me that he envied me because of my faith, He wanted to believe, but he couldn't wrap his mind around the whole concept. I guess that would be an example of the flesh overwhelming the spirit. :noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say its because faith and a relationship with God are spiritual, and the natural man cannot discern spiritual things.

you could almost say that every time we sin we are