• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Since you don't believe in God, what is your reason for being here?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/01/1969

I am a moderator on a prominent Atheism board (I won't supply a link because if I have interpreted the rules here correctly then they forbid it).

One of the members of the board I moderate made some posts concerning this place. He had posted a single post here and been banned - and was half complaining at how unfair he thought it was, and half amused by his banning.

I followed the link to here that he posted, and read a few threads. The discussions interested me, so I registered and joined them.

It may be that some of the other recent atheist members are people who, like me, have also followed the link from there.

If they have, then I don't know about it - it is certainly not any kind of organised influx.

I know of two members of the Atheism site that have been banned from here recently, and one that used to post here years ago but stopped (I don't know whether she simply stopped or was banned from here - and I haven't asked). I also know of one other person who is a member of both sites

Actually, to be honest, it wasn't just curiosity that made me come here. It was also a desire to create a good impression by demonstrating that the people who get banned in one or two posts don't represent all atheists and that some of us are polite and well mannered...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I am a moderator on a prominent Atheism board (I won't supply a link because if I have interpreted the rules here correctly then they forbid it).

One of the members of the board I moderate made some posts concerning this place. He had posted a single post here and been banned - and was half complaining at how unfair he thought it was, and half amused by his banning.

I followed the link to here that he posted, and read a few threads. The discussions interested me, so I registered and joined them.

It may be that some of the other recent atheist members are people who, like me, have also followed the link from there.

If they have, then I don't know about it - it is certainly not any kind of organised influx.

I know of two members of the Atheism site that have been banned from here recently, and one that used to post here years ago but stopped (I don't know whether she simply stopped or was banned from here - and I haven't asked). I also know of one other person who is a member of both sites

Actually, to be honest, it wasn't just curiosity that made me come here. It was also a desire to create a good impression by demonstrating that the people who get banned in one or two posts don't represent all atheists and that some of us are polite and well mannered...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I understand, being an atheist will not get one banned from here. There is an atheist named Nik who's been here for a year and a half. He abides by the rules and is very polite- therefore he's welcome here. Everyone for the most part has been very kind, warm and friendly...Christians and non-Christians alike. Yeah, we disagree on things; but I really truly doubt he/she you are talking about got banned for their beliefs- most likely it was a breach of the Terms of Service that one must agree to before they are approved to join.

God bless,

Tim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

Actually, I do not see any difference between an aetheist, an Orthodox Jew, a Muslim or a JW. When you read what John says in the Epistles regarding the "antichrist spirit", these are all regarded as the same. They are all welcome here unless they refuse to adhere to the rules, which I believe is only fair.

God brings these people here for one reason and one reason only and that is to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This serves a couple purposes. First and foremost when these individuals stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, either they will have benefited from this forum and accepted Jesus as Lord and Christ, or they will not be able to say that "I never heard." The second reason is to give experience to Christians in defending their faith against all sorts of arguments which may be brought to the forum. It causes us to think where our true values lie and what the Word of God says about them.

Over the last few years of being a member, I have been more than happy with George and the mods. Sometimes a little too liberal for my way of thinking, but sometimes I can be a legalist and I need my come-uppence.

So welcome to all who which to be exposed to the truth of the Gospel, even if they are here to push their own agenda. They will never defeat the Holy Spirit of God, nor be able to add to or take away one wit from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Perhaps they may even learn something.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Token aethiest,

I think it is great that you are here. I would hate to think that this board was only for professed Christians. Any good Christian should be open to discuss religion with anyone. Just like Jesus Christ did. He didn't say, all you tax collectors and sinners stay away from me. No, just the opposite, he ate with them and welcomed them to listen to what he had to say. If you have any questions for me specifically feel free to PM me. :)

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Christians seem to believe that atheists do not believe in the bible for the simple reason that they have never read it, or they just don't understand it. But this couldn't be farther from the truth. Many atheists have spent most of their lives in the church and have had such a fascination with the bible that they studied themselves right out of christianity. For some of us, even though we cannot tolerate the absurdities taught by the church, the fascination with the bible remains. Not because we believe that it is the word of God, but because there are so many flaws in it, hidden by the church for centuries, and we find it entertaining to discuss them.

I often wonder when I see an exceptionally good point made by one of the heretic members here, if it caused someone to question what they were told to believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For one who is in a serious relationship with Christ, I believe questioning...and sometimes "floundering"....is part of the package.

The more I question what I believe, the more I learn, the more I am called to trust, the deeper my relationship becomes.

Keep on studying the Bible...even laugh if you must.

The Word has power. It will not lose. For your sake, I hope you fight to the finish.

:)

Peace,

Fiosh

:)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

For some of us....the fascination with the bible remains. Not because we believe that it is the word of God, but because there are so many flaws in it, hidden by the church for centuries, and we find it entertaining to discuss them.

I often wonder when I see an exceptionally good point made by one of the heretic members here, if it caused someone to question what they were told to believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"hidden by the church for centuries" Now how would they go about hiding them in the best selling book of all time? That's why I love listening to atheists....talk about 'absurdities'!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I used to question why someone who does not believe in God would ever subject themselves to membership of a Christian site.

I guess it boils down to a couple of common reasons.

1. They have an interest that they themselves are not completely aware of. A possible search for the Truth of Christ and what He has provided for us.

2. An incurable urge to prove Christians wrong, thereby proving Christianity wrong.

3. The pure sport of arguing.

4. Entertainment.

Whether one falls into one of these categories or not, all are welcome here in the hopes that The Holy Spirit will touch them, and bring them into the fold.

Most bannings, if not all, are the result of the individual's failure to adhere to some simple rules set forth in the TOS. Whether it's bad language, personal attacks, or attacks upon the good Name of God, some people just can't restrain themselves.

I would dare say that many of the reasons that people are banned from here would also get them banned from any other web site.

Some sites, however, do allow for a certain looseness of human dignity, and perhaps their rules are not as "stringent" as they may be on a site such as this.

All one has to keep in mind is that there are children present, at any given time, and conduct themselves accordingly. Realizing that there are inherent differences between believers of God and those that have not come to the same conclusion, there will always be points of separation between the two.

Instead of coming to such discussions with the intent of doing battle, it is always better to act like we are in each other's living rooms and sitting down as guests in each other's homes.

To our atheist friends: may your time here be a blessing for you, and may we be able to learn from each other in such a way that respects basic human courtesy, and keeps our dignity intact.

t.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I used to question why someone who does not believe in God would ever subject themselves to membership of a Christian site.

I guess it boils down to a couple of common reasons.

1. They have an interest that they themselves are not completely aware of. A possible search for the Truth of Christ and what He has provided for us.

2. An incurable urge to prove Christians wrong, thereby proving Christianity wrong.

3. The pure sport of arguing.

4. Entertainment.

Whether one falls into one of these categories or not, all are welcome here in the hopes that The Holy Spirit will touch them, and bring them into the fold.

Most bannings, if not all, are the result of the individual's failure to adhere to some simple rules set forth in the TOS. Whether it's bad language, personal attacks, or attacks upon the good Name of God, some people just can't restrain themselves.

I would dare say that many of the reasons that people are banned from here would also get them banned from any other web site.

Some sites, however, do allow for a certain looseness of human dignity, and perhaps their rules are not as "stringent" as they may be on a site such as this.

All one has to keep in mind is that there are children present, at any given time, and conduct themselves accordingly. Realizing that there are inherent differences between believers of God and those that have not come to the same conclusion, there will always be points of separation between the two.

Instead of coming to such discussions with the intent of doing battle, it is always better to act like we are in each other's living rooms and sitting down as guests in each other's homes.

To our atheist friends: may your time here be a blessing for you, and may we be able to learn from each other in such a way that respects basic human courtesy, and keeps our dignity intact.

t.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup: Great post.

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Since you don't believe in God, what is your reason for being here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmmm

Maybe that's calling the game "Single out and attack" demo. :rolleyes: