IGNORED

Ups and Downs in faith

Guest crystalbean19

Guest crystalbean19

Well basically I had a question for all the "true" and strong believers.

I wanted to know how you keep the blind faith when all the facts are in front of your faces. I was a christian until I hit 17. I am almost twenty know and I feel that the bible has no physical evident of it's truth. Also it seems to have too many loop holes and everyone gets their own ideas off of the true truth that the bible states. Also how do you trust something that was written by so many people??

Play a game where you tell a story and pass that story through about ten people verbally. By the time it hits the tenth person there is significant change. What I'm trying to get at is how do you trust something that is that unstable?? :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

Well basically I had a question for all the "true" and strong believers.

I wanted to know how you keep the blind faith when all the facts are in front of your faces. I was a christian until I hit 17. I am almost twenty know and I feel that the bible has no physical evident of it's truth. Also it seems to have too many loop holes and everyone gets their own ideas off of the true truth that the bible states. Also how do you trust something that was written by so many people??

Play a game where you tell a story and pass that story through about ten people verbally. By the time it hits the tenth person there is significant change. What I'm trying to get at is how do you trust something that is that unstable?? :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to think like you. It was really frustrating until I found out what God was all about. If you want a basic understanding of what Christ wants from us, read Matt. chaps, 5-6-7.

God gave us the Ten Commandments. Christ took those commandments and compressed them into two.

Acknowledge the one true God and worship Him as such, and love your neighbor as yourself. Basically treat people the way you want to be treated.

It's that simple. The bible is like a set of instructions. God tells us what He expects of us and then He shows us how to get it done.

Our walk with the Lord is a spiritual one. We worship in spirit. There is nothing we have to do physically to get close to God.

I know it can be confusing with all the different teachings and denominations and whatever, but if you study the Word you will see why the world is the way it is.

Faith is a hard thing to understand. There is no physical proof that He exists and there is no proof that He doesn't. It's kinda like air, you can't see it but you know it's there.

You said you believed once. What was it that made you believe? And what was it that made you doubt?

Before you give up on God, go back to square one. Rededicate yourself to the Lord. Go to Him and explain what is troubling you. Ask Him for guidance. Confess your sins. Be honest with Him and He will come through for you.

I really don't know what else to say. You ask a hard question. :whistling:

I don't if this answered any of your questions. If not...keep asking. Someone here should have the answer.

I guess the only thing I can really say is, don't give up. You believed once. I know you can believe again. :emot-dance:

You have a good one. :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Crystalbean. I am wondering if you could expand on why you had a sudden change of believes at 17. Did something happen or did you get other teaching, etc. This would help us to answer your question.

In the mean time in replies to some of your queries:

1) Our believes (and yours) is not blind.

2) Loop holes, uncertainties and different understandings are mainly down to Christians not studying their bibles properly, recieving bad teaching or putting in what they wish it said.

3) The bible has to be written by many people because it covers thousands of years and contains events seen from different peoples view points. E.g. The 4 Gospels describe Jesus's life from 4 different person's experiences. Bibles are translated from original documents written in the text's original language. (Hebrew, Latin, Greek, Cuniform etc)

4) Those who are strongest in faith do not rely only on what the bible says, but on day to day experiences living with our God. For how much God can do in our lives read books about missionaries, they go through some of the most amazing experiences.

5) The bible is not unstable. There is plenty of Historical and Archaeological evidence which supports the bible. No other religion has allowed its texts to be exammined and tested like the Christian Bible and yet no one has disproved it. I believe no other religious book will survive such intense criticism.