IGNORED

feeling lost

Guest crystalbean19

Guest crystalbean19

A lot of christians I speak with think that they are constantly under the gun and constantly feeling bad for the sins that they have committed. The bible says that where all guilty of sin and that when sin every day. In order to be right with god we'd have to be praying and asking for forgiveness 24-7. This is not possible. So how do we make it to heaven. And is it wrong for us to enjoy our lifes???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

A lot of christians I speak with think that they are constantly under the gun and constantly feeling bad for the sins that they have committed. The bible says that where all guilty of sin and that when sin every day. In order to be right with god we'd have to be praying and asking for forgiveness 24-7. This is not possible. So how do we make it to heaven. And is it wrong for us to enjoy our lifes???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can enjoy our lives without sinning. It's usually sin that brings tribulation to our lives. Have faith that Jesus died and was raised from the dead and you'll be ok. God is seeking a personal relationship with you. All you need to do is stay in contact with Him and TRY to remain obedient to His word. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everybody sins. You can't avoid it. We sin countless times everyday without even knowing.

God searches the heart. If your heart is in the right place, you have nothing to worry about. If you go to Him in Jesus name and confess your sins, He will forgive you. Be true to Him and He'll be true to you.

Everything you need to know is in the bible. If there's something you don't understand, ask Him. The more you learn about God the more you'll realize just how simple His teachings are. That's what confuses people. It is so simple that they don't understand it.

God gave you life to enjoy. So enjoy it.

Don't worry about what other people think. The only thing that really matters is your relationship with Christ.

I think you'll do ok. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

If something comes to your heart that you feel is not right (is sin), just confess it. 1 John 1:9.....If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jesus's righteousness in given (imputed) to us.....once you have confessed any known sins, just accept His righteousness and have confidence before God. God sees you as if you've never sinned through the Blood of Jesus.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/04/1988

The reason that Jesus died on the cross was to forgive us of our sins. Before He did so, sacrifices were made to God for all our sins, but since He died we no longer have to do that. All of our sins, past, present, and future were forgiven the day Jesus died. We just have to recognize that we do wrong, and confess to God, like they said. But, God forgives us even when we aren't sorry. He still wants us to realize our sins and confess them to Him... and then we have to recognize the fact that we are forgiven because He died for us. Think about how amazing that is, Someone really died for you, because of all the wrongs you've done. Why? Because of love.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/31/1985

................................................................................

This is taken from the book "Word Studies in the Greek New Testament" by Wuest volume 1. It is a literal transliteration from the greek to english. It breaks down everything and gives great detailed explanation. I hope this quote helps.

ROMANS chapter 8

" (8:1) Alford sums up the contents of this chapter as follows: 'In the case of those who are in Christ Jesus, this divided state ends in glorious triumph of the Spirit over the flesh: and that (vv.1-17) though incompletely, not inconsiderably, even in this state--and (vv.18-30) completely and gloriously hereafter. And (vv.31-39) the Christian has no reason to fear, but all reason to hope; for nothing can sever him/her from God's love'

Commenting specifically on verses 1-17 he says; 'Although the flesh is still subject to the law of sin, the Christian, serving not the flesh, but walking according to the Spirit, shall not come into condemnation, but to glory with Christ.'

The words "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit," are rejected by both Nestle and Westcott and Hort. Paul does not base his assertion of no condemnation to the saint upon the saint's conduct, but upon his position in Christ. His position in Christ has liberated him from the compelling power of the evil nature and made him a partaker of the divine nature, a new inner condition which produces in every saint a life which has for its motive, obedience to His commandments. In other words, it is what God has made the believing sinner that insures the fact that there is no cause for condemnation in him. This is further explained in verses 2-4.

TRANSLATION ROMANS 8:1 "Therefore, now, there is not even one bit of condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.""

................................................................................

I love that, NOT EVEN ONE BIT OF CONDEMNATION. Not even a bit. Praise the Lord!!

There is much more I'd like to add, but I think Romans 8:1 offers much more comfort then anything I could say.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

And these scriptures don't mean what they say either?

1Pe 1

15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,

2Pe 3

11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

1Ti 4

12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

1Jo 3

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Mt 7

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

The salvation message was not writen by Westcott and Hort or you. So let the word of God be the truth and every man a liar.

Denise

• Content Count:  55
  • Birthday:  07/06/1977

1Pe 1

2Pe 3

11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

1Ti 4

12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

1Jo 3

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Mt 7

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

The salvation message was not writen by Westcott and Hort or you. So let the word of God be the truth and every man a liar.

Denise

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I do not speak correctly. The problem with your statement above is that you have taken liberties in interpreting this salvation message. Yes the message comes from God, but the implied assumption comes from you. You have added an assumption to most of the passages. Your first quote, as you intend it, should read "be holy in all your conduct, your salvation rests on it". But the last part is not Biblical, it is assumed and implied by you.

Only the last passage seems to imply that salvation rests on the conduct of the person. And, interestingly enough, the last passage does not use the word "conduct". It speaks of "he who does the will of My Father in heaven." If the Father's will is for you to accept the grace given to us by Jesus' sacrifice, then again you could rightly argue that your conduct does not determine your salvation, only your acceptance of Jesus does.

Everyone sins, and everyone falls short. Only Jesus makes it right.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

1Pe 1

2Pe 3

1Ti 4

1Jo 3

Mt 7

Denise

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I do not speak correctly. The problem with your statement above is that you have taken liberties in interpreting this salvation message. Yes the message comes from God, but the implied assumption comes from you. You have added an assumption to most of the passages. Your first quote, as you intend it, should read "be holy in all your conduct, your salvation rests on it". But the last part is not Biblical, it is assumed and implied by you.

Only the last passage seems to imply that salvation rests on the conduct of the person. And, interestingly enough, the last passage does not use the word "conduct". It speaks of "he who does the will of My Father in heaven." If the Father's will is for you to accept the grace given to us by Jesus' sacrifice, then again you could rightly argue that your conduct does not determine your salvation, only your acceptance of Jesus does.

Everyone sins, and everyone falls short. Only Jesus makes it right.

awwww but the most important part you are missing is when we come to Jesus , the old man dies, and yes growing with Jesus is a process, but the more we walk with Jesus the more we should not even want the old things anymore, our nature changes................... the Old Man dies..................... Jesus,s desires become our desires His nature becomes our nature and when we sin we should be grieved because we have sinned against the one we love the most who paid the highest price for it so in time we should be changed by the very fact Jesus lives within Us, what does this mean................. It is No longer I who live but Jesus Christ who Lives within Me................ Our Joy should come in doing His Will

• Content Count:  55
  • Birthday:  07/06/1977

I could not agree more eagleswings. In time, I find that I want the old things less and less, as the new life replaces them with greater meaning and fulfillment.

I'm just afraid this thread is getting into the age old faith/works debate. Our conduct should change, and it should reflect Jesus. But our works do not earn our salvation, and it seemed as if the original poster was worried about this. He/she seemed afraid that this or that sin would catch up with them, that grace would not cover a more recent sin (which I do not believe is true). Am I wrong?

I guess I've always resolved the faith/works debate this way: If you have true faith, and you really believe in God and accept Jesus, your conduct will begin to change. This changing conduct does not save you, grace does. This seems to worry many believers (and if you read the New Testament it seemed to worry some of the authors too) that people can say "OK, I believe" then thumb their noses at God and get away with their rebellion. I believe God knows the heart of a man or woman, and that is ultimately what matters. Any attempt to judge a person by their outer conduct is just an attempt by human beings to get a grasp on who is "truly saved in their hearts", something I don't think we are capable of doing, giving our limited knowledge, intellect, wisdom, etc.