IGNORED

RESURRECTION AND RAPTURE ROUGHLY BETWEEN APRIL 2023 AND APRIL 2024?

CLIVE CAMPBELL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

Why date set? That is not wise. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,008
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

9 hours ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

The difficulties with what you propose are that

- Daniel is a prophecy for "Daniel's people" - Israel. There is no rapture for Israel. It is simply not mentioned in the Book of Daniel.

- The rapture is a REWARD for those who "WATCH". To "watch" implies that the timing is unknown otherwise you could occupy yourself with other things and set an alarm.

- The rapture is a REWARD for the MORAL. Your status of relationship with Christ is decisive. That means that your daily lifestyle and walk with Christ, not doctrinal knowledge, is the deciding factor

- You cannot calculate with years because they could be real years OR prophetic years. The time in prophetic years for the starts of Solomon's Temple after leaving Egypt was 480 years. But if you calculate real years, it was 573 years. Which one will you use and what is your starting year?

- If Noah's Ark is a Type of escaping worldwide judgment, then Noah and company entered the Ark 7 days early. What if God did the same for this second a worse universal judgment?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Our goal should not to be raptured or taken to heaven after we die.

If we cannot love other people as much as we love our bellies then religion wont take christians anywhere but hell.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

missmuffet, I disagree. The Holy Spirit may use time-related warnings to "convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

RESURRECTION AND RAPTURE ROUGHLY BETWEEN APRIL 2023 AND APRIL 2024?

Nope. Too soon.

AdHoc, I'll reply once, but will leave it at that.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:17 PM, AdHoc said:

- Daniel is a prophecy for "Daniel's people" - Israel. There is no rapture for Israel. It is simply not mentioned in the Book of Daniel.

Yes, Daniel is chiefly a prophecy for Israel. The rapture is for all the living humans, Jew and Gentile, who have the Holy Spirit. True, it is not mentioned in Daniel, but the New Testament reveals that it completes the "times of the Gentiles" and initiates Daniel's 70th heptad of years, when God will save many Jews.

- The rapture is a REWARD for those who "WATCH". To "watch" implies that the timing is unknown otherwise you could occupy yourself with other things and set an alarm.

Again, it is for all who have the Holy Spirit, whether they are watching or not. And, yes, we can not know the month or day or hour, but I do think that we can have a good guess at the year of the resurrection and rapture and the year of the Second Coming.

- The rapture is a REWARD for the MORAL. Your status of relationship with Christ is decisive. That means that your daily lifestyle and walk with Christ, not doctrinal knowledge, is the deciding factor

Again, it is for all who have the Holy Spirit, Who of course seeks to produce greater holiness/morality, but perfection isn't reached while in our fallen bodies.

- You cannot calculate with years because they could be real years OR prophetic years. The time in prophetic years for the starts of Solomon's Temple after leaving Egypt was 480 years. But if you calculate real years, it was 573 years. Which one will you use and what is your starting year?

You can calculate the years, because God provides the chronology in the Bible. E.g., the Exodus was in 1446 BC. 480 years after that was 966 BC, the year Solomon founded the temple.

- If Noah's Ark is a Type of escaping worldwide judgment, then Noah and company entered the Ark 7 days early. What if God did the same for this second a worse universal judgment?

Noah going into the ark with 7 others 7 days before the flood in Noah's 600th year is a figure for Jesus taking the 7 churches into the ark of heaven 7 years before His final judgment in the 6000th year.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,008
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

5 hours ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

AdHoc, I'll reply once, but will leave it at that.

Yes, Daniel is chiefly a prophecy for Israel. The rapture is for all the living humans, Jew and Gentile, who have the Holy Spirit. True, it is not mentioned in Daniel, but the New Testament reveals that it completes the "times of the Gentiles" and initiates Daniel's 70th heptad of years, when God will save many Jews.

Again, it is for all who have the Holy Spirit, whether they are watching or not. And, yes, we can not know the month or day or hour, but I do think that we can have a good guess at the year of the resurrection and rapture and the year of the Second Coming.

Again, it is for all who have the Holy Spirit, Who of course seeks to produce greater holiness/morality, but perfection isn't reached while in our fallen bodies.

You can calculate the years, because God provides the chronology in the Bible. E.g., the Exodus was in 1446 BC. 480 years after that was 966 BC, the year Solomon founded the temple.

Noah going into the ark with 7 others 7 days before the flood in Noah's 600th year is a figure for Jesus taking the 7 churches into the ark of heaven 7 years before His final judgment in the 6000th year.

Hi, and thank you for your answer. It represents the understanding of a good number of Christians. I also respect you only answering once. We both did not give scriptures, so it is time for the reader to either judge based on him knowing which ones we meant, or to ask for these.

God bless.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Pertaining to the timing of the Rapture, my notes are long but interesting:

Matthew 25:13 (KJV) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

1 Corinthians 15:52 (KJV) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 

Israel has seven feasts, four of them have been fulfilled, and three of them remain. These feasts are a prophetic grid for the future. The website www.gotquestions.org explains it very well:

The way in which Jesus fulfilled the Jewish feasts is a fascinating study. In the Hebrew Scriptures, the Jewish prophet Amos records that God declared He would do nothing without first revealing it to His servants, the prophets (Amos 3:7). From the Old Covenant to the New, Genesis to Revelation, God provides picture after picture of His entire plan for mankind and one of the most startling prophetic pictures is outlined for us in the Jewish feasts of Leviticus 23.

The Hebrew word for “feasts” (moadim) literally means "appointed times." God has carefully planned and orchestrated the timing and sequence of each of these seven feasts to reveal to us a special story. The seven annual feasts of Israel were spread over seven months of the Jewish calendar, at set times appointed by God. They are still celebrated by observant Jews today. But for both Jews and non-Jews who have placed their faith in Jesus, the Jewish Messiah, these special days demonstrate the work of redemption through God’s Son.

The first four of the seven feasts occur during the springtime (Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, and Weeks), and they all have already been fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament. The final three holidays (Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles) occur during the fall, all within a short fifteen-day period.

Many Bible scholars and commentators believe that these fall feasts have not yet been fulfilled by Jesus. However, the “blessed hope” (Titus 2:13) for all believers in Jesus Christ is that they most assuredly will be fulfilled. As the four spring feasts were fulfilled literally and right on the actual feast day in connection with Christ’s first coming, these three fall feasts, it is believed by many, will likewise be fulfilled literally in connection to the Lord’s second coming.

In a nutshell, here is the prophetic significance of each of the seven Levitical feasts of Israel:

1) Passover (Leviticus 23:5) – Pointed to the Messiah as our Passover lamb (1 Corinthians 5:7) whose blood would be shed for our sins. Jesus was crucified during the time that the Passover was observed (Mark 14:12). Christ is a “lamb without blemish or defect” (1 Peter 1:19) because His life was completely free from sin (Hebrews 4:15). As the first Passover marked the Hebrews’ release from Egyptian slavery, so the death of Christ marks our release from the slavery of sin (Romans 8:2).

2) Unleavened Bread (Leviticus 23:6) – Pointed to the Messiah’s sinless life (as leaven is a picture of sin in the Bible), making Him the perfect sacrifice for our sins. Jesus’ body was in the grave during the first days of this feast, like a kernel of wheat planted and waiting to burst forth as the bread of life.

3) First Fruits (Leviticus 23:10) – Pointed to the Messiah’s resurrection as the first fruits of the righteous. Jesus was resurrected on this very day, which is one of the reasons that Paul refers to him in 1 Corinthians 15:20 as the "first fruits from the dead."

4) Weeks or Pentecost (Leviticus 23:16) – Occurred fifty days after the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and pointed to the great harvest of souls and the gift of the Holy Spirit for both Jew and Gentile, who would be brought into the kingdom of God during the Church Age (see Acts 2). The Church was actually established on this day when God poured out His Holy Spirit and 3,000 Jews responded to Peter’s great sermon and his first proclamation of the gospel.

5) Trumpets (Leviticus 23:24) – The first of the fall feasts. Many believe this day points to the Rapture of the Church when the Messiah Jesus will appear in the heavens as He comes for His bride, the Church. The Rapture is always associated in Scripture with the blowing of a loud trumpet (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:52).

6) Day of Atonement (Leviticus 23:27) – Many believe this prophetically points to the day of the Second Coming of Jesus when He will return to earth. That will be the Day of Atonement for the Jewish remnant when they "look upon Him whom they have pierced," repent of their sins, and receive Him as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10 and Romans 11:1-6, 25-36).

7) Tabernacles or Booths (Leviticus 23:34) – Many scholars believe that this feast day points to the Lord’s promise that He will once again “tabernacle” with His people when He returns to reign over all the world (Micah 4:1-7).

Should Christians celebrate these Levitical feast days of Israel today? Whether or not a Christian celebrates the Jewish feast days would be a matter of conscience for the individual Christian. Colossians 2:16-17 tells us, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” Christians are not bound to observe the Jewish feasts the way an Old Testament Jew was, but we should not criticize another believer who does or does not observe these special days and feasts (Romans 14:5).

While it is not required for Christians to celebrate the Jewish feast days, it is beneficial to study them. Certainly, it could be beneficial to celebrate these days if it leads one to a greater understanding and appreciation for Christ’s death and resurrection and the future promise of His coming. As Christians, if we choose to celebrate these special days, we should put Christ in the center of the celebration, as the One who came to fulfill the prophetic significance of each of them.1

1gotquestions.org

Leviticus 23:2 (KJV) Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 

C̵ONVOC̵A´TION, n . [L. convocatio.] The act of calling or assembling by summons.

2. An assembly.

In the first day there shall be a holy convocation.Ex. 12.1

n n name or noun.

. . name or noun.

L. L. Latin.

1 Webster, Noah. Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language., Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006.

The day and hour of the Feast of Trumpets is not known year to year. It is logical and possible the Rapture of the church may fall on a year of the Feast of Trumpets. One hundred trumpet blasts concludes the feast, with the very last shofar blast the loudest and longest. The following video explains it well:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,212
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I agree with Sis.. not wise to date set. One thing that I think should always be tossed in is.. we are not promised tomorrow. I Know what I personally believe yet I don't get stuck on this pre mid post. Christ said  He went to make me a home and where He is I will be and He will come back for me. Be nice if it was hello GOD NOW! But hey.. this WORLD needs Him so I don't care how long it takes. I would  rather go home now. So I watch every moment. For me everything I learned about our Father is .. it never turns out exactly like we think. Its like we read it yet we are still missing something.  

Last we are not ready. We are so divided over the simplest things

• Thumbs Up 1