Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Our generation has witnessed the world change in ways our forefathers could not imagine. Economically, politically, militarily, socially, technologically, educationally, morally, and spiritually. Arguably, this linear, exponential change heated up right after WW II, and Israel became a nation again on May 14, 1948. Historically and prophetically, these global changes and events are staggering.

In a previous post, I listed some 50 biblical prophecies that have been 100% accurately fulfilled since Israel became a nation in 1948. Along with some yet future prophecies that are now forming and are imminent in this generation.

If you do not hold a preterist view, what is the next prophetic event you suspect is likely to come and why? For example, the Gog-Magog invasion, the total overnight destruction of Damascus, Syria, the destruction of Elam (Iran), the destruction of Egypt, the Psalm 83 war, the Rapture, or others?

One thing I think we can all agree on is that we live in exciting and perilous times.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

A total destruction of Damascus would get my attention.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

The destruction of the harlot in Rev 17:16.  There's a reason the 10 horns only reign as kings for one hour per Rev 17:12.  That reason is that the man of sin usurps their authority.  The destruction (nuking) of that city (harlot) is the opening salvo of the second seal.  Things quickly descend into chaos from there until the man of sin restores order and demands to be worshiped as God.  The great tribulation follows.

Edited by Last Daze

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,671
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

I'm expecting an army comprised of gentiles given to Israel. Perhaps NATO forces or a different combination of nations from the north. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,958
  • Content Per Day:  3.36
  • Days Won:  0

Another war. We are still in the birth-pangs stage. But maybe an increase in militancy and laws regarding homosexuals in their favor.

Magog is unlikely. It must wait for 1,000 years after Christ's return.

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea

(Rev.20:1–8).

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

The Jews false messiah will probably be first, or next.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.51
  • Days Won:  11

The next thing we’re waiting for is the completion of a one-world order.  This hasn’t happened yet as we still have different governments in the world.   Selah 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.61

On 9/19/2022 at 4:33 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Our generation has witnessed the world change in ways our forefathers could not imagine. Economically, politically, militarily, socially, technologically, educationally, morally, and spiritually. Arguably, this linear, exponential change heated up right after WW II, and Israel became a nation again on May 14, 1948. Historically and prophetically, these global changes and events are staggering.

In a previous post, I listed some 50 biblical prophecies that have been 100% accurately fulfilled since Israel became a nation in 1948. Along with some yet future prophecies that are now forming and are imminent in this generation.

If you do not hold a preterist view, what is the next prophetic event you suspect is likely to come and why? For example, the Gog-Magog invasion, the total overnight destruction of Damascus, Syria, the destruction of Elam (Iran), the destruction of Egypt, the Psalm 83 war, the Rapture, or others?

One thing I think we can all agree on is that we live in exciting and perilous times.  

I believe the next event will be Judaism's call/command in Jerusalem to build around the temple mount,  unto Judaism's awaited upon Messiah

I believe this call command will start the clock on Daniel's future 70 literal weeks

I believe this building around the Muslim occupied temple mount will provoke the Muslims to attack and surround Jerusalem at the end of Daniel's 70 weeks, at this time the future Antichrist is revealed, starting the Great tribulation

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the  armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Edited by truth7t7

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

3 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

I believe the next event will be  Jusaism's call/command in Jerusalem to build around the temple mount,  unto Judaism's awaited upon Messiah

I believe this call command will start the clock on Daniel's future 70 literal weeks

I believe this building around the Muslim occupied temple mount will provoke the Muslims to attack and surround Jerusalem at the end of Daniel's 70 weeks, at this time the future Antichrist is revealed, starting the Great tribulation

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the  armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Good morning truth7t7,

I cannot say with confidence when the new Temple will be started. If it is started before the revealing of the Antichrist, not part of the seven-year peace confirmation. Yes, it would be a trigger that ignites Muslim aggression, war, and conflict. My best “guess” remains, it is a part of the man with a plan selling point of peace and a two-state solution.

You raise an interesting objection on literal days vs. weeks of years, and Daniel’s use of them. I’m not out to change anyone’s hermeneutics, but this is the way I see it.

Jesus abruptly stopped speaking plainly and used parables to communicate with the Pharisees and scribes, doctors in the law, how come? So, they would not understand the meaning of what He was saying. For brevity, I am omitting a lot of supporting evidence for my view.

The weeks of years view IMO fits perfectly in Daniel. The Jews, and especially the Pharisees and Scribes should have known the exact day Jesus would ride into Jerusalem on a donkey, as their King and their Messiah on Palm Sunday. It is solely based on Daniel’s weeks of years, and their 360-day year calendar. They did not, which is surprising.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

My personal opinion is that Daniel always wrote literally but in the case of 70 weeks it was both in years and days. And i believe it could be referring to the 2nd half of the tribulation being shortened to 490 days or about 1 year and 4 months, just as Christ said those days would be shortened. But don't ask for documentation since the Bible teacher who i first got this kind of idea from actually said it would be shortened to 5 months, but couldn't give any actual documentation other than Revelation-9:5, which doesn't say anything about it being shortened. But i do believe this 5 months is directly related to the same time period the flood "prevailed on the earth" in Genesis 7:24.