• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Where is oil in prophecy?

It seems like oil is always at the bottom of most of the moves in the political chessgame. It surely must have it's place in prophecy. Has anyone discovered a type or symbol for oil in the Bible? I imagine that it does not have to symbolize oil per se, but the whole of the oil empire. My husband thinks it's the beast in Revelation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

The beast in Rev. is not oil, One, the beast in Rev. if I remember correctly, refers to the anti-christ and his "nation". The 'harlot' that rides him is translated as the apostate church, which many see as the revived roman empire under the papacy.

I'm not sure where to put oil in context of prophecy but it does seem to motivate all kinds of evils, doesn't it?

t.

• Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

To my knowlege oil is nowhere to be found in the Bible. I bet you though that someone can find it in one of those entertaining Bible Codes.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I remember studying about it being mentioned, I can't find it right now, I think in Ezekiel, not with the word oil, though, I think the fat of the land or something similar. I'm sorry, I'm no help, but I know what I'm talking about! LOL!!

:upsided:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

To my knowlege oil is nowhere to be found in the Bible. I bet you though that someone can find it in one of those entertaining Bible Codes.

Here's one that's kinda hard to know the meaning until it happens.

Rev. 6:5-6 - "When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. [6]Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

I kinda get the sense that this will take place after the world economy collapses. Food will probably be rationed, which will eventually lead to the mark of the beast. I would guess that the oil and wine here is talking about a protected Israel, as the AC will confirm the covenant of destruction. Time will tell.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

Is it referring to petroleum or olive oil in the Book of Revelations...? That's the real question for me..

Typically oil is symbolic of God's annointing; it's also called, "the oil of gladness..." and other similar terms...

But in end times prophesy, it's mentioned in Revelation; the angel who administers God's judgment is told to afflict the wheat but not the oil and wine...

So, which oil is it referring to?

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Cats, I'm not sure but that may mean the Holy Spirit and the Blood of Jesus.

What about this one:

Babylon was a golden cup in the Lord's hand, That made all the earth drunk. The nations drank her wine; Therefore the nations are deranged. Jer. 51:7

Compare to Rev. 14:8 .....Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Guest MARANATHA-NOW

I have read different opinions on what the oil and wine is referring to. The one that stood out the most for me was that the oil and wine stood for wealth. The context of the verses meant, the famine of the 3rd seal would have no effect on the wealthy, because they would be able to afford the prices that will be required for just food. I heard a preacher say once; the cost of this famine would be a day

This is my first time to post on this site so here goes. When I read this post today. I remember not to long ago that I read on another site that Israel was exploring for oil on their land and that they had some very large finds that show great promise for Israel to provide for itself in the future and be independent of any other nation(s). This link is what I found Zion Oil and Gas and it gives you a lot of information about Israel and what they hope to find and use to make Israel more fruitful. Click on the left menu under Company Profile and Vision Statement. This could be one of the reasons that the nations will want to destroy Israel in the near future for their spoils.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Rev 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Amos 8:5 Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit? ....

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George