doubleplay425

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi I've lurked here on and off over the past several years. There is something I'd like to ask about the mark of the beast. 

Can it be said that it must be in the future because there has never been a historical record of people being beheaded for refusing it? 

Has there been any historical accounts of such a thing taking place? 

"And I saw thrones and they that sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them. And I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast, nor his image, nor had received his mark upon their foreheads or on their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

Thanks! 

Edited by doubleplay425
Add scripture
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

14 minutes ago, doubleplay425 said:

Hi I've lurked here on and off over the past several years. There is something I'd like to ask about the mark of the beast. 

Can it be said that it must be in the future because there has never been a historical record of people being beheaded for refusing it? 

Thanks! 

The events seen below are "Future" and haven't been recorded in history

Revelation 13:8 & 13-14KJV

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

17 minutes ago, doubleplay425 said:

Thanks! 

Nero was the worst and he may be antichrist

• Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

12 minutes ago, coheir said:

Nero was the worst and he may be antichrist

A false assumption taught by reformed preterist eschatology

(The Man Of Sin/The Antichrist) will be destroyed by the Lord at his "Second Coming" a future event unfulfilled

2 Thessalonians 2:8KJV

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Edited by truth7t7
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

4 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

A false assumption taught by reformed preterist eschatology

(The Man Of Sin/The Antichrist) will be destroyed by the Lord at his "Second Coming" a future event unfulfilled

2 Thessalonians 2:8KJV

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

I do more research on this thanks for the heads up

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, doubleplay425 said:

Thanks! 

Not the mark, to my knowledge.

Read up on the Abomination of Desolation and Antiochus Epiphanes IV here.

https://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/353-abomination-of-desolation

https://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/1589-antiochus-iv-epiphanes

We are told this is what's coming, in a form much more powerful.

• Followers:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  11

9 hours ago, doubleplay425 said:

Thanks! 

Hi, doubleplay.  Here’s my understanding of the mark of the beast which happens in the future. First we’ll start with—

Rev. 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So according to the verse above, we can see that those with the seal of God in their foreheads, in other words, those who understand the Word of God, will not be hurt.

The way I see it, if you do not have the seal of God in your forehead, then you must have the seal of Satan in your forehead, which I believe is the mark of the beast.  You either belong to Christ, the Son of God, and have His Word and His seal in your mind, or you belong to Satan, the son of perdition, and have his word, his seal (mark) in your mind.

I don’t believe the mark of the beast is a physical mark; rather, it will be a spiritual deception whereby you will be deceived and worship the antichrist, the abomination of desolation, when he comes claiming to be Christ.

s e l a h

Edited by Selah7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

11 hours ago, doubleplay425 said:

Thanks! 

No one, (well, not in general anyway) will be beheaded, they will just shoot them. It is of course the Future, the Anti-Christ doesn't show up until the 70th week. The Euphrates river drying up is not needed for modern armies to cross, that's metaphoric also. There is no 144,000 male virgins, that number represent al Israel who repents, its a code just like the Woman. People who do not understand these things will never understand the book of Revelation in full.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The question here is, is it natural or spiritual. 

Did someone cut their heads off or did they cut their own heads off ?

Jesus did say "whosoever will lose his life for my sake the same shall save it."

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, doubleplay425 said:

Thanks! 

The mark shouldn't be separated from the image.  They are always mentioned together.  The mark is of the beast who deceives the world because of the signs he performs.  This leads to the image.  So, you'd have to have signs and wonders that deceive the people of the world followed by them making the image which is in conjunction with the mark.  All of Revelation 13:11-18 would have needed to occur, not just the mark, for it to already have taken place.

• Thumbs Up 1